There are newer employer reviews for zulily

Love Darrell Cavens and the fast pace, but did not find the product or peers to be interesting

I worked at zulily

Pros

High growth potential and agile work environment

Cons

Non-stop change in direction that contributes to existing chaos

Advice to Management

Invest in training and hire employees with leadership capability; spend the money on better benefits and a 401(k) match; Amazon is coming for you!

reviews filtered by

I had big hopes for this company...no more.

I have been working at zulily full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The building is a neat converted factory that feels very "Seattle". The people I work with at my level and below are very talented and genuinely decent people.

Cons

The pay is well below market and most people tolerate it because they were relocating to the area and needed to take something, anything- at least, that's h ow it is in the group I joined. I knew from reading these reviews that taking a job here was a risk. However, it wasn't until a few weeks in that I realized all the problems behind the scenes. You'll hear a lot about people being empowered to lead projects and move ideas forward, but I haven't seen that. Projects that get approved are ones that fit the narrow vision of leaders. Don't expect strategic planning and reviews- things seem to be prioritized in silos with no regard to the impact on other parts of the business or long-term plans.

The emperor has no clothes.

Advice to Management

There isn't leadership at the executive level. Having expertise in a technical or operational area is sufficient to launch a business but doesn't qualify you to lead an organization of the company's current size. Be realistic and humble and bring in some experienced strategists and leaders before it is too late. I am looking to leave after less than 6 months; I'm not alone- we're here because we are stuck, not because we believe in you.

2. Work hard, play hard

I have been working at zulily full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are great, the product is fun, the company is growing and innovative

Cons

Processes are still being established so can often be ambiguity. Just think, you can be part of writing our history!

There are newer employer reviews for zulily