There are newer employer reviews for zulily

Love Darrell Cavens and the fast pace, but did not find the product or peers to be interesting

I worked at zulily

Pros

High growth potential and agile work environment

Cons

Non-stop change in direction that contributes to existing chaos

Invest in training and hire employees with leadership capability; spend the money on better benefits and a 401(k) match; Amazon is coming for you!

168 Other Employee Reviews for zulily (View Most Recent)

Work hard, play hard

I have been working at zulily full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are great, the product is fun, the company is growing and innovative

Cons

Processes are still being established so can often be ambiguity. Just think, you can be part of writing our history!

Finally stopped making excuses

I worked at zulily full-time

Pros

Nice people
    Looks good on a resume, especially if you're fresh out of college
    Occasional legitimate fun
    Awesome HR department
    Warm PBR on Thursdays

Cons

"The pay is incredibly low," I said when I started. "But it's a start-up. As the company grows, the salaries will too. Besides, the health insurance and paid vacation days are awesome!" And then I started working longer hours, doing more work, week after week, until I was doing twice the normal workload for the same pay. I then went "above and beyond" like I was told I had to do for a raise.... nothing happened.
    "We're a start up," they said. "We can't afford to give regular raises," they said, as the company made headlines for its successes and opened up a UK office.
    "Well, at least I've still got all this vacation time!" I said, until I realized I couldn't afford to go anywhere and couldn't really leave without screwing over my team. I continued the long work days, taking the occasional day off just to get caught up on errands. "At least I still have awesome health insurance!" I said, until I realized I'd never NEEDED health insurance more in my life because I was so stressed.
    Then they made their employees start covering part of the "awesome health insurance," even though the company continued to grow and thrive. Then they worked our sick time into the "paid vacation days." Then I woke up, stopped drinking the kool aid, realized I was working long, hard hours and couldn't even pay my bills...and I moved on to bigger and better things. And unless they get their act together and realize that true success comes from happy, productive people who want to see the company succeed because they feel valued, many qualified people will too.
    I hope things have improved since I left, as it has been awhile, but from what I am hearing this is not the case.

You've got a truly good thing going on... I wish I would have been encouraged to stick around and celebrate it more. I always did my best, but eventually I had to wake up. Value your employees and they will value you.

There are newer employer reviews for zulily