zulily

There are newer employer reviews for zulily

Studio Styling Assistant

Former Employee - Styling Assistant in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Styling Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun work environment, great people, very fast paced, never bored. No two days were ever the same. Great for an hourly job.
Company is growing really fast and is always trying new things.

Cons

Growing pains. Some work had to be redone when directions or schedules weren't clear, but company is working on improving systems and processes

Keep investing in the systems

172 Other Employee Reviews for zulily (View Most Recent)

I love working at zulily!

Current Employee - Buyer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time

Pros

Creative, Fun, and Rewarding. Management encourages us to try new things and to be creative and think outside the box. Excellent support teams in-place that give buyers the time to focus on buying.

Cons

Difficult to disconnect since work is accessible from home

Exciting, Fast Paced, Challenging

Current Employee - Human Resources in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unprecedented growth means so many opportunities to create new things. It means each employee plays a crucial role in their team and gets to see their work have a big impact. Every day I work on a new challenge or project and I get stretched to see just what I'm capable of. The team dynamic is great - seasoned employees build amazing teams and work alongside many young employees who get a crash course in e-commerce and business. The energy is level is palpable, and I'm surprised on a weekly basis by something incredible the company has done/built. Senior leadership is especially strong and act as incredible resources not only to their direct groups but to the organization at large. Open door policies are a real thing here.

Cons

Working here means embracing change (seriously!). That means it's not for everyone. If you're used to tons of guidelines or formal processes you may not feel at home. Constant growth also means that your role or scope may change regularly, so you can never rest on your laurels - there's always some new challenge to tackle on the horizon. You'll work far more than the ordinary 40 hours a week in almost every job - but it's because you'll be creating something extraordinary. Pay for some roles is lower than market - but what we lack in $ we make up for in a really cool environment and potential growth opportunities.

Keep up the good work. Continue to listen to your employees and actively find ways to make zulily not only an amazing retail company but also an amazing place to work. Your people are your most important asset - take care of them.

There are newer employer reviews for zulily