zulily

www.zulily.com

Exciting, Fast Paced, Challenging

Human Resources (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsUnprecedented growth means so many opportunities to create new things. It means each employee plays a crucial role in their team and gets to see their work have a big impact. Every day I work on a new challenge or project and I get stretched to see just what I'm capable of. The team dynamic is great - seasoned employees build amazing teams and work alongside many young employees who get a crash course in e-commerce and business. The energy is level is palpable, and I'm surprised on a weekly basis by something incredible the company has done/built. Senior leadership is especially strong and act as incredible resources not only to their direct groups but to the organization at large. Open door policies are a real thing here.

ConsWorking here means embracing change (seriously!). That means it's not for everyone. If you're used to tons of guidelines or formal processes you may not feel at home. Constant growth also means that your role or scope may change regularly, so you can never rest on your laurels - there's always some new challenge to tackle on the horizon. You'll work far more than the ordinary 40 hours a week in almost every job - but it's because you'll be creating something extraordinary. Pay for some roles is lower than market - but what we lack in $ we make up for in a really cool environment and potential growth opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Continue to listen to your employees and actively find ways to make zulily not only an amazing retail company but also an amazing place to work. Your people are your most important asset - take care of them.

Love Darrell Cavens and the fast pace, but did not find the product or peers to be interesting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at zulily

Pros: High growth potential and agile work environment Cons: Non-stop change in direction that contributes to existing chaos Advice to Senior Management: Invest in training and hire employees with leadership capability; spend the money… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I had big hopes for this company...no more.

(Current Employee)

I have been working at zulily full-time for less than a year

Pros: The building is a neat converted factory that feels very "Seattle". The people I… Cons: The pay is well below market and most people tolerate it because they were relocating to the area and needed to take something, anything- at… Advice to Senior Management: There isn't leadership at the executive level. Having expertise in a technical or operational area is sufficient to launch a business but doesn't qualify you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on zulily.

Worked for zulily? Contribute to the Community!