zulily

There are newer employer reviews for zulily

Over Worked, Underpaid...Really Underpaid :(

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work with smart, fun and talented people (for the most part). I love the culture and creativity the company brings. I've made some great friendships here.

Cons

Poor, poor management structure. Hardly no positive reinforcement from management. Management promotes based on favoritism, not by experience and work performance. Extremely underpaid and constantly having to work from home...on average working 60 hours a week (including weekends). I've been with the company for two years and asked for a raise twice...to this day have not received anything. I had really high hopes coming into this company and thought I would be successful and promoted easily based on my job performance. Cattiness and politics from management made it difficult to be successful and to enjoy my job.

Pay your employees what they deserve and start promoting employees based on job performance!

176 Other Employee Reviews for zulily (View Most Recent)

fun place t work (sometimes)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at zulily full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the employees are awesome!! They really care about what they are doing.

Cons

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Too much favoritism from upper management. Sad part is the favoritism does not arise from any work performed.

Stop with the favoritism!! Need to pick the best person for the job, based on job performance not oh I like that person. Entirely too much work place politics!!!

Devil Wears Prada meets Mad Men...meets a giant sorority.

I have been working at zulily full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- fun, lively people mostly in their 20's - 30's
    - fashionable environment
    - fast-growing company
    - opportunities to model for fun
    - kegs in the kitchen, pool table, free coffee

Since this is still considered to be a "new" company, there's a lot of opportunities you can carve for yourself. Like every other job, however, you have to be very willing and driven to succeed in order to go up the ranks and/or do what you truly want to do. Overall, it's a fun company, especially for recent college grads.

Cons

- LOW SALARY (why else would we favor recent grads?)
    - high turnover aka more work/stress for the employees left behind
    - no orca card AND horrible parking
    - some merch people think they run the show, which leads to essentially disrespecting other departments and team members
    - approx. 90% all-female company. where's the gender diversity at?

Reward, reward, reward!!! zulily is a revolving door of employees. At least try to keep the ones who are really amazing at their job by offering raises and bonuses. I see a lot of people who work three times as hard and really make the company who we are, but due to low compensation and lack of recognition, their clock runs out.

There are newer employer reviews for zulily