zulily
www.zulily.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Pretty Much The Worst

Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time for more than a year

ProsMost of the people here are young, cool, smart, innovative and all around great to be with. I can see many of them doing awesome things in the future and really going places.

ConsHere are things that zulily is good at: overworking employees, underpaying employees, failing to provide incentives, refusing to give raises to a living wage, hiring incompetent middle management, rampant sexism, refusing to help with transit costs, high turnover rate, rapidly causing extreme burnout, exploiting recent grads, bureaucratic nonsense, no room for career growth or opportunities, and the list goes on... My coworkers and I refer to the worthlessness and self-hatred caused by prolonged employment here as 'zulily syndrome.'

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your employees like you actually give a crap if they stick around.

OK

I have been working at zulily

Pros: Great people, good atmosphere, growing really fast so it is an exciting… Cons: It can be busy at times because we still have a… Advice to Senior Management: More flexibility Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Over Worked, Underpaid...Really Underpaid :(

Assistant Buyer (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily full-time for more than a year

Pros: Work with smart, fun and talented people (for the most part). I love… Cons: Poor, poor management structure. Hardly no positive reinforcement from management. Management promotes based on favoritism, not by experience and work performance.… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees what they deserve and start promoting employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on zulily.

Worked for zulily? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at zulily reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for zulily CEO Darrell Cavens . All reviews posted anonymously by zulily employees.