zulily

There are newer employer reviews for zulily

Pretty Much The Worst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the people here are young, cool, smart, innovative and all around great to be with. I can see many of them doing awesome things in the future and really going places.

Cons

Here are things that zulily is good at: overworking employees, underpaying employees, failing to provide incentives, refusing to give raises to a living wage, hiring incompetent middle management, rampant sexism, refusing to help with transit costs, high turnover rate, rapidly causing extreme burnout, exploiting recent grads, bureaucratic nonsense, no room for career growth or opportunities, and the list goes on... My coworkers and I refer to the worthlessness and self-hatred caused by prolonged employment here as 'zulily syndrome.'

Start treating your employees like you actually give a crap if they stick around.

177 Other Employee Reviews for zulily (View Most Recent)

NIce people, growing pains

I have been working at zulily full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the people I work with at my level and below are decent and work really hard. It's fun to work in an office with so many young people and even though most people don't have a lot of experience, their energy gets the job done.

Cons

When I was hired they told me the office would be moving to a new neighborhood but that there would be funding for transit passes and parking. Many months later, it looks like my team will soon be moving to the new building, but transit passes and parking assistance aren't happening. This is a bigger deal than it sounds like because our pay isn't being adjusted accordingly. So, new office, in new, much more expensive neighborhood= pay cut. It stings and people aren't happy. There was also a big fuss when I joined about their being a gym and everything. That was a joke. The gym was as big as what you'd experience in a mid-range hotel. Which was fine, until the gym got replaced with workspace.

Stand in a stairwell after one of the weekly company meetings, and listen closely. You would understand a lot more about what you need to do to keep employees happy. Yes, it's about hitting the numbers, but you won't have any numbers at all when we all leave or just stop trying.

Over Worked, Underpaid...Really Underpaid :(

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work with smart, fun and talented people (for the most part). I love the culture and creativity the company brings. I've made some great friendships here.

Cons

Poor, poor management structure. Hardly no positive reinforcement from management. Management promotes based on favoritism, not by experience and work performance. Extremely underpaid and constantly having to work from home...on average working 60 hours a week (including weekends). I've been with the company for two years and asked for a raise twice...to this day have not received anything. I had really high hopes coming into this company and thought I would be successful and promoted easily based on my job performance. Cattiness and politics from management made it difficult to be successful and to enjoy my job.

Pay your employees what they deserve and start promoting employees based on job performance!

There are newer employer reviews for zulily