There are newer employer reviews for zulily

Not the position I applied for or was discussed in my interview.

Former Employee - PT Marketing Specialist in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - PT Marketing Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A young company with a lot of growth potential and opportuniites to move within the company.

Cons

Growing too fast and is very unorganized. Communication from company to manager's to teams is lacking. The company can hardly keep up with all of its employees.

Advice to Management

Better communication.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great, fast growing company while maintaining a wonderful culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time

Pros

Coworkers, strong executive leadership, growing and expanding company.

Cons

Salary, is sometimes lower than expected, no public transportation subsidy.

If the walls could talk

I have been working at zulily full-time

Pros

Your peers - non-leadership peers.

Cons

The compensation is horrid. The "raises" are insulting. This is not getting better. In fact, its actually getting worse. If you come in at the bottom, you stay at the bottom of the pay scale. Parking is almost $200 a month. For those that take public transportation, it's about $90. When you aren't making much, this can make a huge dent to your bottom line. Management - TERRIBLE. No direction. They make decisions on a whim and your entire day can get turned upside down at any moment. We spend more time writing useless recaps on things instead taking a deep dive into the business and actually impacting change. It's useless busy work and does nothing to change the pattern of how we do things. The current group of "leaders" in place all talk about each other negatively. In all my years in this industry, I've never seen such behavior in a professional setting. I haven't even been here that long and I've already seen 4 or 5 of my peers leave. People are leaving from all over the company. People are burned out, the morale is BAD (and again, management doesn't care), the compensation is a joke, - there's really not much left for people to want to stay. There's a lot of people who were here when the company started that are jumping ship. People aren't even waiting to stay until they get their stock. That says a lot. We took a survey to give the company feedback. The solutions for compensation and recognition that came out of that survey are ridiculous! No zulily, we do not want to work day and night and our reward is "lunch with a member of leadership." WE WANT MONEY!!! Or BONUSES! Or money for parking/transportation!!! Or if you can't afford any of that, a simple day off would be terrific! Recruiters are also incredibly active on this site. You can tell which reviews are done by them. That's all I will say. Also, if you are planning on having a child and working here, do yourself a favor and walk away now. This is a company that sells to mom but does not actually take care of the mom's who work within the walls of the company. Maternity leave? Yeah not much. Your kid is sick? Get ready to hear about it.

Advice to Management

You sell to a mom - take care of the mothers and mom to be's in your company. Darrell and Mark - You have some poor hiring choices for managers. Ask HR for the recent Exit Feedback. You should have your answers there. Pay your people! I'm putting in my notice at the end of this month because of wages. Overworked and underpaid. I would have stayed if I wasn't told how replaceable I am. There's a few buyers that have been with you since the beginning that are planning on leaving in December. No rewards or respect equals no retention.