Meh...

Current Employee - Vendor Specialist in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Vendor Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (More than a year)

Pros

zulily has a great atmosphere. The people are always so friendly and the dress code is relaxed. There is room for movement within the company and opportunity for you to be at the forefront of change.

Cons

The big one... low compensation. They definitely low ball and make it difficult for you to get raises. The work load is high too. There's also little direction from management in developing skills.

Advice to Management

Offer competitive salaries. OR accept that there's going to be a high turnover rate. Team outings are not enough to cover cost-of-living.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

They pay us peanuts, but it ain't bad.

Current Employee - Copywriter
    Current Employee - Copywriter

I have been working at zulily full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual work environment, easy job. I can wear whatever I want to the office, there is a locker room, showers, and small (only a few pieces of equipment) gym for our use. All the Seattle's Best Coffee, Tazo Tea and Starbucks hot chocolate we can drink.

Cons

Low pay, little advancement opportunities, no camaraderie. They take advantage of writers who don't have other opportunities and pay them very little. Turnover is high because, once the writers realize they are worth more, they find better jobs. Management has been constantly changing and hesitant to change anything or try new things. Advancement is nigh impossible, as only 4% of the company is eligible for a raise each quarter. Every raise has to go through the CEO and get his approval. For how much this company makes, they sure can be stingy with their lowest rung.

Advice to Management

The shift in focus to higher gains has lowered workplace morale, causing a lot of disillusionment in company goals.

Ahhh run away

Current Employee - Stylist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Stylist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and managers. easy commute. supervisors friendly and willing to listen even if they can not do anything to help.

Cons

insultingly low pay, no room to grow, limited opportunites for advancement, employees treated as expendable items, not valued parts of the machine

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth and then maybe you will keep some of the incredible talent that you lose on a consistent basis