zulily

There are newer employer reviews for zulily

Unorganized, chaotic, non-existent training

Former Contractor - AP Specialist in Seattle, WA
Former Contractor - AP Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily as a contractor

Pros

It's pretty easy to get a job here. They hire a lot of recent college grads

Cons

They pay very little and everyone is stressed out. The turnover rate here is high and it's no secret hat pretty much everyone is looking to leave as soon as they can find something better. There is no training so be prepared to either sink or swim but spend the first couple months confused. There are a lot of unwritten rules that you find out the hard way about the work process. Team leads are overworked and subsequently less willing and available to help answer questions and the people around you are also new and have no training.

198 Other Employee Reviews for zulily (View Most Recent)

Move Fast, Break Things?

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I can't speak for the non-tech areas other than to say that the non-technical people seem happy. Working as a dev here is a blast. We have plenty of freedom to work with the technologies that we (as a group) find best suit our needs. There isn't a whole lot of top down direction on that front.

The leadership is exceptionally transparent for the most part; if you want to know why a decision was taken, they'll tell you what they were thinking and seem to seriously consider your input.

Cons

On-call and working in an open plan office.

Nobody wants to be on call, and some of the software that we support was, frankly, written when the company was 5 devs working 20 hours a day. We're re-writing that, but the process of replacing it is slow.

There aren't a whole lot of the little free perks that startup folks tend to expect. There is no free soda, we all pay for our own parking / bus passes, the locker room doesn't have towel service. It doesn't really get me down, but I wouldn't mind a bit more of that stuff.

Ahhh run away

Current Employee - Stylist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Stylist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and managers. easy commute. supervisors friendly and willing to listen even if they can not do anything to help.

Cons

insultingly low pay, no room to grow, limited opportunites for advancement, employees treated as expendable items, not valued parts of the machine

Pay people what they are worth and then maybe you will keep some of the incredible talent that you lose on a consistent basis

There are newer employer reviews for zulily