Employment Office Australia

Employment Status

Reset
4.0
CEO

1. So good I've worked there twice!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

I have been working at Employment Office Australia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started at Employment Office as a Sales Account Executive. I hadn't worked in Sales before and I received incredible training from my direct team leader as well as other key management figures. EO really does want each employee to succeed - you 'own your own desk' and get out what you put in, but you're never short on support or resources to help you achieve your goals. Unfortunately I had to leave the role for personal reasons, but within a month of leaving I'd already attained a new position within the organisation - the company culture is so incredible you'll find you wont want to leave !

Cons

No cons - great people doing great business! Everyone who works at EO are hard working professionals, so if you're just looking to pass the time in a job then it's not the company for you - but if you want a great career and you're willing to work for it - EO is unbeatable!

Advice to Management

Thanks for continually making new opportunities to progress staff - great people want to do great things!

Intelligent, friendly, professional and great fun to work with!

Current Contractor - Brand Strategist in Brisbane (Australia)
    Current Contractor - Brand Strategist in Brisbane (Australia)

I have been working at Employment Office Australia as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been doing contract work with Employment Office for the past six months and have always thoroughly enjoyed working with them. I'm always made to feel welcome by their entire team. They are intelligent and professional to deal with. They are experts in their field and continue to grow their team with passionate like-minded people. They're a pleasure to deal with.

Cons

There are no cons to working with Employment Office, I don't have anything negative to write.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and continue to surround yourself with intelligent, driven and passionate people.

3. Not for me - thank you anyway!

Former Employee - Employee - Shortlisting Specialist in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Employee - Shortlisting Specialist in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Employment Office Australia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My two direct leaders were lovely and quite knowledgeable on the business, both had been there for at least 5 years and showed a genuine passion for their roles. But this opportunity just wasn't for me, I didn't enjoy it.

Cons

Nor did I enjoy the Y-generation upstart who made a disgusting comment on hating another colleague as he ' must have Aspergers'. The comment was incredibly unprofessional, not to mention unwarranted. I was incredibly offended, especially being a proud parent of a child who is also Aspergers - a very intelligent child with a heart of gold. The comment from the know-it-all turned me off working with her. I work in mental health now and am very proud that I assist people less fortunate than myself, I do not have a me-me-me attitude like this, and many , Y-gens. I also didn't enjoy being told that we HAVE TO attend ' buzz nights' every week - drinking is not my thing and after a longer than normal work day, I understand team building is a great idea, but my priority was to get home to my family. I was a little surprised at the party culture of drinking alcohol on the premises - I wasn't aware businesses still did this, each to their own, not a really big deal, just surprised. The pay was quite low, and although told of a bonus system - extra cash relied on the activity of others (Sales Reps) and not based on your own activity. All contact with clients/employers/candidates was over the phone and I don't find this personable at all. Sitting with a head set on all day does not build rapport with people - that's my opinion.

Advice to Management

I appreciated the opportunity, especially at a time that was testing on my family and health - I needed to take this role. But it just didn't tick any boxes for me and in the end the travelling, the lack of people contact, long hours, low pay, a person I did no longer wanted to face and the general unsatisfying role - I had to take time off and re-evaluate what was important. I am fortunate enough to have found a role that is quite rewarding, seeing different people on a daily basis, facilitating at different venues, building peoples confidence and self esteem. Within 3 months I had obtained a company car have an overall satisfaction that I am helping people every day.

A truly awful experience

Pros

One or two people within the company will reach out to you. Great lunch options.

Cons

Employment Office is a toxic and unenjoyable environment. There is an unhealthy drinking culture, and it's abundantly clear if you are not immediately welcomed into the cliquey inner-circle of management folk, you simply won't last. All company roles are glamourised in advertising to the point where they include downright lies. Wild promises of bonuses, career advancement and endless opportunities don't come close to being fulfilled. Upper management will repeatedly use words like "autonomy" and "accountability" when they really mean "You're on your own mate, we're not listening." Monthly Buzz Nights and free shots don't make up for being taken advantage of every day of the week. I wish I could stand outside and warn off potential new employees.

Advice to Management

There is a reason you burn through staff. It's not them, it's you.

Innovative and inspiring organisation with a culture of empowerment.

Pros

Culture of ownership and accountability. True visibility into the reality of the business and running a commercial team. Autonomy and responsibility to take business in the direction you need. Leadership that is 100% committed to the business. A true innovator in the industry with a focus on positive outcomes for customers and candidates. Fun and vibrant culture that values its people. The room to make a positive impact on the business.

Cons

As a business going through rapid growth, every 12 months there is a new set of challenges to tackle. This can be rewarding and also overwhelming! No business is perfect and there is a constant need to focus on improving everything - product, process, recruitment strategy, employee engagement and staying relevant to our customers at all times, to stay ahead of the game. This is a lean business that requires everyone to contribute to its success and if you see a problem or an issue it's a matter of stepping up and being involved in the solution. This is not for everyone and particularly not those who are waiting for someone else to solve a problem for them or hold their hand. For positive, action-oriented people interested in a challenge and being involved in the journey a business goes through as it "grows up", you will love it!

Advice to Management

Thanks for all of your support and guidance.

Fantastic culture of ownership and transparency

Current Employee - Software Solutions Specialist in Brisbane (Australia)
    Current Employee - Software Solutions Specialist in Brisbane (Australia)

I have been working at Employment Office Australia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team environment. Empowered to take on projects and see them through to completion Well defined career progression plans with leadership opportunities, chances to work overseas, etc. Awesome conferences (local, interstate & international) Monthly 1 on 1 sessions with business leaders Mentoring plans Innovative products

Cons

Not really a con unless you aren't ready to put in some effort. Targets and projects are handled very transparently so if you're looking to join up and blend into the background, it's not the job for you. You'll know where you stand and so will your colleagues...be prepared to come in every day and try to do better than the last.

Fantastic place to work!

I have been working at Employment Office Australia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, vibrant, fun work environment, where success is well rewarded and openly recognised. Flat org structure giving loads of access to management, heaps of room for personal and professional growth and relatively high levels of autonomy in your role. Given the chance to take ownership of new projects and make them your own. Great social culture as well.

Cons

Small business means the pressure can be high at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Couldn't ask for a better place to work and a more supportive environment to launch a career.

Fantastic employer - innovative, exciting, supportive, challenging, lots of fun!

I have been working at Employment Office Australia full-time

Pros

Monthly Buzz Nights / Buzz Lunches to recognise high achievement Open door policy / open plan office - no bureaucracy Vision and mission of organisation regularly communicated Regular conferences at various locations (including overseas) Company is offering something unique to the market, that is extremely valuable to businesses - it's good to know that what you're doing it helping someone Lots of philanthropic activities - they give back to community (e.g. Tour de Office) Free health and finance assistance

Cons

You're not paid for overtime (although employees are never forced to work overtime) Still a relatively small company - so if you're looking to work for a massive corporate this might not be the place for you

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

RSS Feed </> Embed