Employment Plus

Employment Plus President Mike Ross

Mike Ross

Saved my career!

Lansing, MI

ProsI was unemployed for 5 months after our firm had massive layoffs last year. I had gone to US staffing and Kelly Services and got nowhere constantly being told I was on some waiting list, I was OVER qualified, or "we just had a few opennings and will call you soon!". All BS as far as I can tell. It wasn't until I went to EP in Lansing that I got a job, AND A GOOD ONE! They actually listened to me as I was interviewed TWICE in the office which I think is so they don't bring on just some regular Jo who just wants a paycheck. Thank you all at EP LANSING!

ConsThe temp agency world as a whole is a tough place to navigate because theres soooooo many of them, but I would recommend EP over all the rest in my hometown!

ok, but far

Prosthey will find you work

Constoo far away for me.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Best job I've ever had!

Bloomington, IN

ProsThe corporate management is great (at least the managers that have been over me). I receive praises from as high up as the VP of the company. They make me feel like I'm appreciated and they encourage me to make more positive changes within the company. It gives me a huge boost of confidence. I recommend working for this company, especially in the back office corporate functions. Wonderful management!

ConsI work long hours, sometimes up to 70 hours in a week and I'm paid salary. I've yet to have a 40 hour week. It can be pretty exhausting, physically and mentally. I think it just goes with the position that I have though (which I love). Everyone else seems to be able leave at around their normally times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Employment Agency

Industrial Worker (Current Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

ProsGood place to work for Employment Plus Agency

ConsI need to know about raises, and benefits and promotions in my career.

Advice to Senior ManagementI need a job that best fit for my Resume and work history.

Don't expect to get hired if your female and white at Ann Arbor MI Area

ProsThe girl I talked to on phone was nice...

ConsWent in to get approved for a tempt job, was the only white person, was on time, sat straight and answered survey truthfully, (which asked you if you do drugs, if you go to work high, if you fight with fellow employees, etc, all i answered no or never done), after survey was finished I was pulled to the side and told I wasn't qualified. Makes you wonder if they are only looking for males to fill in tempt jobs, or they think lowly of white females...

Great company to work for.

ProsAdvancement opportunities there for those willing to put the time in and show commitment to the company and its clients. The compensation package allows you an opportunity to earn what you put in.

ConsTough, competitive industry that is constantly evolving and changing. If you don't like change, avoid staffing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHeading in the right direction wit the recent business decisions. The new leadership channel is very supportive.

Good company as far as temp agencies go.

Line Worker (Former Employee)
    Pitman, NJ

ProsGreat at matching people with jobs; For the most part, staff was extremely friendly and helpful; Felt as if my needs were important; Was placed at a job right away; Compensation was fair.

ConsThe location I worked at relocated out of state; Staff was changed toward the end of my employment and new regime was far less attentive and cordial; Employee selection was undiscerning, which at times made for unsavory co-workers.

Full time? One day a week isn't full time.

Assembly (Current Employee)
    Terre Haute, IN

ProsNone that I can think of.

ConsThey lie and say its full time then only let me work one day a week,then say gotta put you on a waiting list all the other jobs are full. The company they put me at is still putting temps through orientation even though they have no work for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure a full time job is really full time before wasting people's time.

Shift Coordinator

Shfit Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Terre Haute, IN

ProsI Cant think of any.

ConsThey will work employee's on their day off for overtime then not work them on a regular work day so they wont have to pay them OT.
    They call you in then send you back home for no work available.
    Their shift supervisors are unavailable to employees during the shift since they are assigned to a line.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect are they will do their best for you making you look good with the customer. Don't let your supervisors be put on production lines. They should be there to ensure that the employees are preforming their job.

did not really get sent out on jobs

General Laborer (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsThere aren't any that I can think of.

Consthere were no jobs available. I would go to places like Packaging Unlimited and then not get chosen to work after using a precious bus ticket. Could not get in touch with anyone numbers were changed, location was changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the jobs match the potential employees qualifications.

Worked for Employment Plus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Employment Plus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Employment Plus CEO Mike Ross. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by Employment Plus employees.