Empower RF Systems

Empower RF Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Not yet rated.

Jon Jacocks

Good small company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, lots of overtime. Excellent benefits, 401K and PTO. Great coworkers. You will learn a great amount of tuning and troubleshooting power amplifiers.

ConsNo issues with this company

Good place to work, friendly environment, cutting edge engineering.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Inglewood, CA

ProsI work for this company for a long time and saw some ups and downs. Today our engineering team is genius; they create truly cutting edge products for our industry and it is exciting to be a part of this team.
    It is a small company with very friendly environment. Management is very approachable as well to discuss your concerns. Work hours are flexible: employees start their day anyware from 4 am to 10 am; some even work remotely if position permits. We have quite good benefit package for a small company: 401K, health, dental and vision insurance.

ConsThe building is a bit too small for the amount of employees. There are not enough parking spots for all employees on the parking lot so some employees have to park on the parking lot across the street per agreement with neighbor business. But I know that many companies in LA have worth parking arrangements.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to have a reward system for employees (we had it in the past). Also company events for employees lost their quality.

Great small business

ProsThe potential to learn and grow is immense. The projects and programs are engaging and cutting edge. Feels less like working for a corporation and more like working for a family/team.

ConsNeed to be able to learn quickly and on the job as there is no formal training. May be hard (not impossible) to recover from bad performance on a project/program because of the small size.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire tough, as this is a family.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice place to work until they hired a VP of Engineering...

Analyst (Current Employee) Inglewood, CA

ProsWell-run administratively;
    Better than average pay and benefits for a small company;
    HR issues are handled competently and professionally;
    Good opportunity to learn from some of the best engineers in the industry.

ConsHorrid VP of Engineering! He's your best friend if you know how to kiss up, but that is all. He's very chummy with employees while face to face. But I've sat in meetings listening to him needlessly blast employees who five minutes earlier he was best buds with. Then afterward he'll lecture an engineer who just came up with a fantastic design about how he did it better, faster and cheaper 20 years ago in Brazil. Gimme a break!

Advice to Senior ManagementCan the VP of Engineering, the only thing I've seen him do a good job of is offending the entire senior engineering staff and make up lengthy stories about how he invented anything and everything in the RF industry, and even things not in the RF industry such as sliced bread and canned tomato juice.

Hectic and no clear leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay and benefits were good, holidays and vacation. Office space was acceptable. Central location to the Los Angeles area, good freeway access.

ConsLeadership, lack of respect for employees. Had a high turnover in key postions. Instead of getting to the root of the issues, let people go and start over with a new team. It never worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so quick to react to hearsay. Really look at Engineering and try to correct issues at the front end instead of back end when it is much harder.

Worked for Empower RF Systems? Contribute to the Community!