Empower Software

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Hoefflin

Incredible Transformation & The Best is Yet to Come!!!!

National Account Sales (Current Employee)

ProsThe leadership here has done an unbelievable job of transforming this culture and creating an environment high performers are flocking to! The positive trajectory of the company, the level of talent being infused, and the momentum being built is like nothing I have seen before! All this and the best part is, it is fun to go to work every day!!

ConsWorking hard, moving fast and delivering results is a base-line expectation. If you don't enjoy an environment where you are pushed to get better every day and deliver results, this will not be a place where you will thrive.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving fast!! Incredible progress!! Keep pushing the envelope and keep your standards high. Don't settle for sub-par talent as more and more people try to get in.

Excellent leaders and committed people have turned this company around!!

Mid-management (Current Employee)

ProsCommitted, accessible, and smart leaders, great products, fantastic momentum. I have worked for three multi-billion dollar, global companies, and some smaller firms as well, and this is the best management team I have worked with by far. They have taken a good little business that was being mismanaged by the previous regime and turned it into a scalable, focused, and capable market player in about two years time. All the economic fundamentals are positive and the PE owner is bullish on growth and proving it. Don't believe good things are happening here, then talk to the dozen people or so who have joined us from large competitors in the last few months. They have a very valuable perspective.

ConsTypical things for small, high-growth companies, like a few resource constraints. But certainly not unusual and by no means debilitating. Due to flat structure, there are some career path challenges in certain roles, which growth will help remedy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, and maybe communicate with customers and staff more frequently. There is a lot of good news here!! Share it.

Favorite company I've worked for!

National Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsEmpower has a great leadership team in place as well as a good training program for new hires. It is a very team oriented environment with competitive salaries and good benefits. A lot of change in the has happened in past year but all for the best and Empower will make an huge impact in the market in the near future.

ConsEmpower isn't very well known in the market but we have a great marketing team in place changing that.
    Smaller company so still figuring out marketplace and pricing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excited for the future!

ProsGreat team environment
    Company starting to do a lot more employee recognition and office social events
    Challenging yet rewarding work

ConsNeed more structured HR policies
    Some departments might be "overlooked" sometimes
    Increase pay for certain roles

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great momentum, but always remember that it's the little guys doing the work. Sales makes the deals, but the rest of the company bring them to life.

Greatness

Product Compliance and Research Analyst (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsFlexable schedule and friendly People

ConsThe company is a good organization to work for, I have no complaints workign for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job for our organization

Good Company, Good Momentum

Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThere is a lot of good in this company. Support is absolutely first class. Everyone cares about customers, and making sure customers are treated well. It isn't slogans, it is how this company operates. There is good direction and good new leadership.

ConsThere is a lot of change going on, and I think good change, but ex-employees and some current employees don't see it that way. The company is doing well, bringing on a lot of new customers (great household names), and if anything should be going faster. Not everyone likes that kind of change.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep asking questions, keep pushing forward, keep making the right changes. I certainly like what I see happening.

Company OK, products good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

Prosworked 2.75 years at Empower, good products and good technology, good developer team

Conssmall team, like bigger teams

Advice to Senior ManagementWrite more products with good team

A great deal of change, positive momentum, not everyone likes the change

ProsNew offices in Dallas, Boulder and Orlando, positive momentum in the market, closing some important deals, good people brought in and clients are taking us seriously for a change.

ConsThe move from a start up to a company that performs consistently is proving to be difficult for some. That type of change is always hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't move fast enough. Focus on the large goals. Don't worry if there are people that don't like all the change

I work at Empower Software

ProsNice office, nice co-workers, enjoy the work.

Conslack of communication between departments; some managers and directors (not all) continue to foster a culture of keeping knowledge to themselves; they do not advocate their employees to create goals and trust. Little to no opportunity to advance your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementMentor your teams, share knowledge, build and create trust.

A Great Company to Work for

ProsKnowledgeable professionals with tremendous experience in their fields. Integrity and ethical in approach to business. Customer service focus - truly happy clients! A management team that is excited about growing a business and creating opportunity for employees.

ConsLegacy of past sins is hard to overcome in the market. The previous leadership created a poor reputation in the market and unfortunatley as a result some great people are afraid of joining the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving forward. The team has come so far in the past year and I can't wait to see where we are a year from now!

Worked for Empower Software? Contribute to the Community!