Empyrean Solar

Surprisingly friendly/competitive environment

Current Employee - Solar Consultant (Entry Level) in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Solar Consultant (Entry Level) in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time

Pros

*Stability
    *Great Environment
    *Opportunity to grow within the company/Quick advancement
    *Development
    *Challenging

Empyrean offers entry level jobs with the opportunity to advance into upper management quicker than most other companies. Everyone in the office is super friendly and seems to love what they do so that kind of environment rubs off on you quickly. They're all really close too and it feels more like working with friends and family than co-workers. I haven't found a close-knit group like this at work in a long time so I would recommend this job on that alone but there are obviously other benefits.

Cons

It's hard work so not everyone is cut out for it because you'll only get what you put into it. That said, you have to be dedicated here; everyone in the office seems to be. The hours aren't all that bad but it's not a 9 to 5 thing either.
    It's also pretty performance based so it's not something you can just clock in and clock out of and expect to move up.

STAY OUT OF it if need a job that pays, only probably good for ascetic self-train for a short time

Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Empyrean Solar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Detailed step-by-step hand-on start-up training for sales and marketing in the solar industry;
    Learnt a great deal if you spend time and follow their sale methods and track of records;
    Great personal growth and development of entrepreneurship mindsets and communication skills;

Cons

Purely commission-based pay system, which means your pay is so unstable and uncertain - performance is rarely driven by abilities but highly dependent on many uncontrollable factors (don't trust their so-called "law of average" number). For example, customer may like you, want to go solar, bills are high, everything seems good, you get the actual sit. But suddenly the customer cannot pass the credit process, you finally get nothing. All your efforts just gone;

Just because they pay you based on commission but not hourly salary, their management and working hours are very inefficient: you go to office at 11 (9-10 for senior consultants), then wasting more than 3 hours doing sales team spirit things, going out door-to-door selling from 3-8 M-F and 9-4 Saturday. A lot of labor commitment without a penny paid to you; They obviously doesn't care and called that "giving you time to learn from each other";

You may speak to yourself with the saying "no pain no gain", but if you want to stay, you must (and you will) envision yourself in a "much pain no gain" situation, until a certain point either you luckily survive making some money or suffer enough and quit;

Lack of benefit system, no medical cover at all even for a full-time Monday to SATURDAY job;

Very intrusive to your personal life. They have Tuesday sport night, Thursday team night and Friday morning Company Breakfast at Farmer Boy and Friday night "Good Taste in the Neighborhood" dinner event. EVERY WEEK! You can just not go, but they will treat you as an outsider if you miss these. Let me get the number for you: You already spend 10 hours each weekday and 7 hours on weekend, which means 10 x 5 + 7 = 57 hours per week! They still expect you to spend 5 more hours with them.

Do any of these make any sense to you? You do your own math and decision.

Skim through all the Empyrean Solar company reviews on Glassdoor and you know what I am talking about:

Read the Cons and you know what to improve. I seriously suspect most of those giving high 5 stars are just fake account users. Honestly you can tell the difference and see all current employees give 4-5 stars while those former employees gives only 1-2. This is not coincident. Perhaps Empyrean does do a good job keeping people that really like their jobs. Congratulate on that. But this also means the company are stuck with these people only, will not grow or at least very very few new fresh bloods injected into your company.

Life changing Experience

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free Management training. Personal and Professional development into entrepreneurs. Amazing opportunity and growth for all. Great company culture. Energetic and fun group to work with.

Cons

Long hours and lack of benefits

Growth, growth, growth...

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I feel like Empyrean helped me develop myself in many different ways. When I first started, I didn't know much about the business world and naturally I am an introverted person. Now, I feel very confident and competent. Everybody in the business is super friendly and helpful. Everybody is motivated and the energy is contagious.

Cons

It's not for everybody, if you are looking for a job, this is not for you. This business if for people who wants a career and passionate about their growth.

The team night olympics was fun, it would be great to have another social/sports event!

Excellent!

Current Employee - Administrations in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Administrations in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

At Empyrean, they are constantly in the motion of promoting their employees. Because they promote off of performance, it shows the motivation and dedication the employees have for the company. I feel welcomed here and cant wait to see where I go. All employees are energetic and straightforward with each other which gives everyone a sense of being comfortable with being at work and being able to give advice on how to move up. Everyone is focused on one-on-ones on ways to improve their work ethics. There is a a lot of growth within company!

Cons

Nothing bad so far! Keep up the good work team

Keep up the good work and stay motivated. Let's grow all together!

Amazing Opportunity

Current Employee - Entry Level Energy Consultant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Entry Level Energy Consultant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to work! They are passionate about developing candidates into professional managers. Cool team nights and basketball nights. Friendly staff and everybody is approachable. I had my first promotion in 2 weeks and excited to grow and help people go green! Everybody gets an iPad with internet connection!

Cons

A lot of education, in the beginning all technical stuff were hard to understand but after the first week I felt more comfortable with the product.

Technical knowledge can be taught earlier.

Hands on training

I have been working at Empyrean Solar

Pros

Great opportunity for people who are willing to work hard and get hands on experience in running a solar business. Hands on training for Leadership and Management.

Cons

Long hours. If your goal is anything close to becoming successful, then long hours is a good thing.

More awesome morning meetings!

If you're looking to start your career...?

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the positive environment and the fact that everyone is more than willing to help each other.

Cons

The only con for me is that is far from home.

Keep it up! I think it's a great place to work.

Exciting, challenging, rewarding

Current Employee - Energy Consultant (Setter) in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Energy Consultant (Setter) in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome growth potential; collaborative team structure; leadership training; rewarding pay structure; friendly and motivating coworkers; fun office atmosphere; inspirational senior management; and supportive and encouraging environment.

Cons

No benefits package or PTO. However, the commission-based pay structure means that you get what you put in. And the potential is huge; so, if you put in the hard work, it pays off.

Keep up the positive and motivating atmosphere, and keep growing!

Great working environment

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Been working here a little under 5 months. Since I started here, I have learned so much about leadership and sales. People in the office are fun and they care about each other. That makes coming into work a lot easier and everything a lot more conductive to learning. You have 100% control on your promotions. Great structure!

Cons

I don't have any.

Keep doing what you are doing. It is awesome seeing people constantly getting promoted and growing within the company!

Empyrean Solar Photos