Emtec

Updated December 3, 2014
3.3

Emtec Chairman, President, and CEO Dinesh R. Desai
Dinesh R. Desai

Innovative company with free range and opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Emtec full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Emtec offers an incredible amount of growth opportunity and range of freedoms to expand your role and your knowledge as far as you desire to and are capable of. It is a company for self-motivated folks who have a real passion for what they do. There is minimal handholding and micromanaging, rather, they provide freedom to work a flexible schedule with results-oriented measurements of success.

Cons

There is a learning curve to operations that newcomers sometimes find to be a bit steep.

Overall great job, the environment and company philosophies are progressive and well-received. I would suggest considering updated benefits or policies that help retain our top quality folks.

Any time they sell. Be careful.

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Radnor, PA

I worked at Emtec

Pros

Good company. Good culture. Payment also good.
    Good legal team.

Cons

Don't go to long term Because at any time they will sell. After 15 days they sent a mail you are under another employer. They are REAL BODY (person) SHOPPERS.

Please take care to employee at shopping time.(buy, sell)

Good company... but could be better.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Cranford, NJ
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Cranford, NJ

I worked at Emtec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked here as part of enterprise professional services team, doing pre-sales, building equipments for customer orders and IT professional services to multimillion dollar companies . Relax environment, good partnership with equipment manufacturers/vendors, provides regular training so the techs are always up to date with their certifications, learned a lot. Reasonable feeling of job security (this was during my tenure - before it got bought by westwood).

Cons

My manager would mostly go in a disappearing act, without us knowing where he is, I rarely talk to him, he rarely talk to his people. He even transferred me to another department without even telling me a word. So, then I quit... that's when I know he still exist since he wanted to talk to me.

Westwood took over around 2006, a company that only specializes in IT equipment wholesale, (no retail background), doesn't know anything about professional services. The equipment sales continued, professional services and consulting started to collapsed.

Limited incentive. No regular performance review. Even if you excel, you won't get rewarded or only few would notice, and won't care. That means, you need to really ask for something to get rewarded or compensated.

Company is ok, nothing extraordinary.

Show care about your employees. Build a career path to them so they will stay.

Innovative company with lots of free range and opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Emtec full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Emtec offers an incredible amount of growth opportunity and a huge range of freedoms to expand your role and your knowledge as far as you desire to and are capable of. There is not a lot of hand holding so it's really a company for self-motivated folks who have a real passion for what they do. There is minimal handholding and micromanaging and they provide freedom to work a flexible schedule with results oriented measurements of success.

Good company no games

I worked at Emtec

Pros

Good management very streamlined processes

Cons

Compensation may not be very lucrative.

ITS OKAY

Current Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Emtec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice Management and they try hard to please employees. Overall an average experience. They do try, just lack personal touch employees today demand

Cons

Benefits, lack of direction in any of the business units. Makes decisions with little thought of employees. Do not invest in employee growth.

Be careful, there is no loyalty to the employees.

I worked at Emtec full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

none that I can think of

Cons

No job security, upper management has no idea of how or what employees do on a daily basis, wages were frozen for 5 years.

STAY AWAY

I have been working at Emtec as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

realizing never to work for a place like that again! There really isn't anything at all good to say about this firm/farm.

Cons

Culture discriminatory practices.
    Don't care about anyone other than their own pockets
    Don't trust anything they "promise", not even in their agreements
    Don't dish out a dime in covering your travel expenses - you'll go broke before they reimburse you

Get rid of ALL the "leaders"

Great company lots of room for advancement

Current Employee - ITSM - Technical Writer in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - ITSM - Technical Writer in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Emtec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Extremely flexible, decent benefits, been with the company a short time and already advancing up. I could see myself with this company for quite some time.

Cons

At this point in time I cannot say anything bad. I have been with the company for a short period of time and have already seen a much better work environment than my previous employment.

Life Changing

Former Employee - Service Lead in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Service Lead in Duluth, GA

I worked at Emtec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It had a great co-workers that made good team.

Cons

They retain thieves and liars and put the best workers on lay-off. Even let go long time employees over 5yrs to 28 yrs with out retirement.

Do background checks and be loyal.

Emtec Photos

Emtec's radnor team volunteered at Philabundance and helped sort over 20,000 lbs of food to be distributed to the Philadelphia and South Jersey region. Way to go team!
Emtec goes the extra mile with nonprofit, Vibha, at their annual Dream Mile Run. http://ow.ly/xN4X2

+ Add Photo