Enabil Solutions

Updated Feb 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Murray Korth

Overall positive experience with management and team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement is approachable, enough opportunities to move within or across teams, some very talented individuals work for this company. Hard work put in is recognized and rewarded by management.

ConsAlthough compensation is good, it is not commensurate with industry standards and could be better to attract and keep quality professionals for a longer time.

Just one regret in my life: signing up with Enabil Solutions and staying for 2.5 yrs

(Former Employee)

Prosthe work itself and some coworkers were OK.

Cons- forget about moving up unless you are in the right clique or suck up to the right people.
    - you are expected to show you care about the company by working many extra hours, weekends, holidays against regular pay. Management considers being off on a Tuesday and Thursday to be the same as being off on a 'normal' weekend.
    - compensation, even with bonus, is not competitive for the industry
    - unethical and immature upper management. New CEO (son of previous CEO) one day left a team meeting screaming after slamming his laptop shut, just because some employees were asking some critical, but fair, questions about company policies.
    - It's all about the dollars and not the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advice to listen to their employees, they are the people with the skills and they can make or break the company.
    But I guess I can try to give advice, but they don't listen anyway, not when I was working there, and certainly not to an (happy! :) ) ex-employee.
    Arrogance, disrespect and greed will be their downfall.

Disappointing Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros-flexibility to work remotely from time to time
    -rank and file employees are very dedicated and hardworking
    -many employees are open to sharing their knowledge and experience

Cons-senior management is disconnected from day to day and they do not seem interested
    -promotions are rare unless you are in the right clique
    -compensation even with bonus is not competitive for the industry
    -you are expected to work many extra hours, weekends, holidays for no extra pay; this is how you earn your 'bonus'.

Advice to Senior Management-communicate more truthfully to the employees on a regular basis
    -do not promote people to management positions solely to retain them. Some people are not at all interested or skilled in managing staff.
    -recognize and act on the very toxic and negative environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Layoffs, layoffs, layoffs

Operations Support (Former Employee)

Pros- telecommunication industry
    - good benefits

Cons- high possibility of losing your job with very short notice, they've done it a couple of times, I don't see why they won't do it again
    - unethical leaders
    - low base pay
    - leadership is all about making money, doesn't care about the people
    - employees are not treated well so they in turn talk behind the customer's back

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be greedy. What goes around, comes around.

Interesting industry and product, lots to learn BUT not enough leadership or care about the employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey are working in a very fast moving market, wireless billing. Very exciting to find out the inner workings of this kind of billing system.
    The support teams in Vancouver, BC and Bedford, NS were fantastic and had a great working relationship. Unfortunately these two offices have been closed.

ConsNot enough leadership from the executive level. No clear direction. It is all about the bottom line and not about the people anymore.
    The system is constantly changing and requires a lot of attention which leads to a LOT of late nights and weekend work.
    The development teams in Calgary, AB are rather clicky and the work environment feels a bit "cold".

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people, they know the system, they know the limitation. Don't promise the moon just to get a contract and then struggle to deliver.
    Sometimes taking a step back is making a leap forward.

The place has a rotten work environment

Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee) Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsGreat employees, professional and dedicated. As an ex-TELUS cell phone billing unit working with legacy software as well as leading edge you get exposed to a wide range of software engineering solutions.

ConsUpper management is toxic, too focused on the bottom line and too little focused on employee development. The rank and file (who actually do the work) are sometimes given conflicting directions based on unelucidated goals. The outsourced (read offshore) contractors are treated even worse. Non line Management are the worst kind of MBA drones- avoid.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining and more communication regarding where the industry is going

Dissatisfied and unhappy

Developer (Current Employee)

ProsIt's in Calgary
    1-2 good coworkers

ConsUnethical senior leadership, CEO would sell his mother
    It's all about the dollars and not the employees
    Not really clear what's going on

They're ok, just keep your resume updated to be ready for unexpected layoffs

Pros- Flexible working hours
    - Hires new immigrants with no Canadian experience

Cons- low pay
    - layoffs (sometimes with short notice)
    - management used to give annual updates to the employees, they stopped doing that. No idea what's going on or where the company is going

Advice to Senior Management- Truly care about the people, don't focus too much on profits, the profits will follow

good team to work with

Prosbusy flexible, lot's to learn

Conslack of proper training for new employees

Advice to Senior Managementneed to provide proper training to new staff

Satisified

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsGood potential for learning
    Flexible work hours

ConsCannot think of any at the moment.

Worked for Enabil Solutions? Contribute to the Community!