Enaxis Consulting Reviews

Updated June 27, 2014
Updated June 27, 2014

3.5

Dhiren Shethia and Jonas Georgsson

Excellent work experience overall, I feel like part of a strong team with exemplary consulting skills.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time

Pros

Value offering to the client is immense. My colleagues are very high-caliber consultants, and it is a truly collaborative team. I have both reached out for and provided expertise in areas where a colleague (or me) felt their skills needed a boost. You are never out there alone on an assignment -- I feel like someone's got my back at all times. Training and continual education offerings are excellent. You really can grow here, if you have the right attitude and make the commitment.

Cons

Senior management is brilliant and personable, but often too busy to understand an issue in full. Everyone is spread thin, possibly an effect of such a dynamic firm. I work a lot -- not sure I have ever achieved that work-life balance that is talked about... Expectations could be made clearer; onboarding process is good, but has not covered enough.

Approach growth cautiously. Do whatever you can to not lose the collaborative, family-feeling that keeps so many of us there. Also, maybe spend some time with each of your consultants on a regular basis to maintain that personal touch, take one of your employees out for coffee every day.

Unsupportive and not open to new ideas

Former Employee - Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great office space downtown, free parking
    Snacks at the office.
    Most consultants are friendly

Cons

This firm promotes itself as being very open to new ideas, but is steadfast and firm in the way that it likes to do things. They focus much of their team building efforts around drinking alcohol, if you are not a drinker you will not fit in. Some of the consultants and senior managers hold back on information that you need to get your job done.

Be more open to new ideas and look for novel approaches to solving issues. Develop a mission and vision, not just have value statement. Be more honest in what you tell future employees concerning the scope of the work. There is very little management consulting and much menial work to be done, be honest with this instead of promising otherwise.

Wonderful consulting firm - excellent leadership

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very collaborative environment of hard-working, ethical consultants.
    Hires smart people that will fit with the company values and atmosphere. Retains and rewards them if they follow through!
    Leadership really cares about well-being and happiness of all employees.
    Generous, fun, and familial atmosphere.
    Leadership is committed to training, professional growth and helping consultants get certified in several areas, which will help consultants be diversified and able to fit where needed, especially when clients tighten their belts an opportunities are scarce.
    Great opportunities for team bonding, happy hours, book club, charitable activities, fun runs, parties, etc.
    Nice offices, good technology.
    Leadership cares about continuous improvement, as evidenced by their annual employee survey and the corrective actions they take in response.
    Works hard to provide clear expectations, performance management. Impressed with supporting technology for back office functions (such as performance management, knowledge management, time/expense reporting, marketing, business development, etc.). Very impressive for a firm this size.
    Wonderful culture! I plan on being at Enaxis for the long haul.

Cons

Don't really have any cons.
    Some senior managers/leaders could be better at coaching, communicating and advocating for their matrix.
    Would like to see a spring/summer picnic.

The principals do a great job of trying to stay connected with consultants. However, sometimes it feels forced and they "don't have the time" to spare.
    The mantra of wanting employees to be happy, especially in their assignments, could be reinforced by providing more opportunity to discuss how things are going, making it "safe" for employees to share dis-contentedness, seeking to understand to understand what actions the employee wants, and then acting on it.
    Would be nice for consultants to have more input on their project assignments.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Deceitful

Former Employee - Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Minimal travel, some decent coworkers, latest technology

Cons

Horrible management, fake reviews on this site (yes, the marketing guy wrote most of them), low pay, no ethics, not growing

Change the management - need people that can actually grow a company

Still the same ego-driven place

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Low travel for most
    Can work in I.T. without deep technical skills
    Largest client (half their business) is a great credential

Cons

Benefits were very minimal though I hear they now have a 401K match.
    Profit sharing payments at the end of one year can be deducted from your bonus the next year; only a small number of "favorites" are paid decently, and if they don't like you, watch your bonus disappear
    Social events were used to judge how into the firm you were
    Watch out for the "culture": I was looking over the reviews and spoke to some former colleagues that are still there and it sounds like it's still the same old place. From the 4/16/11 review to the 2/15/13 review to the new 4/16/14 review, there has been no evolution of a self-centered group of owners that run the firm according to their egos and are not concerned about insulting and belittling those below them.

Realize the disconnect between your actions and your words and stop using the firm as a vehicle for your egos

Extremely disappointed that representations upfront were wildly inaccurate--Be Careful

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only a few employees have to travel for business
    Work week for most junior employees averages only 50 hours per week
    Office facility in Houston is spacious and well located for many

Cons

Mostly I.T. staff augmentation work at a very small number of clients, not "management consulting"
    Compensation low and bonuses are seldom what is promised (many "discretionary" factors that are used against you)
    High turnover so constant change of colleagues
    Currently focused on oil & gas clients but no industry-specific expertise or training; mostly work in generic I.T. infrastructure areas
    Employees are all levels are subject to angry emotional tirades if they don't agree with a decision
    [the more negative reviews below are still accurate; positive current reviews are directed by the firm]

Present an honest, balance view to perspective employees and clients

Enaxis Consulting Response

Apr 25, 2014Talent Director

We would like to take the time to address this review since we find it to be overtly counter to what we deem as true. The work we do is true Management Consulting around IT, you can read white ... More

Positive and Balanced Work Life at Enaxis

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Enaxis encourages doing meaningful work, leveraging your talents as well as supporting your career growth; overall a very positive experience!

Cons

For me downside is minimal, I am satisfied with my career experience there. So from a job perspective, better benefits and firm activities may be nice.

I truly feel management seeks to do right by the employees. Keep doing what you are doing, look out for your employees and they will continue to take good care of the clients!

Great firm with strategic projects and no travel

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Firm hires quality, experienced consultants.
    -The firm's founders came from big firms; their vision was to start a management consulting firm specializing in oil and gas. As a Houston-based firm located in the world's oil & gas HQ, this means the majority of our work is local so we do not travel.
    -Large portfolio of oil and gas clients including the supermajors
    -Relaxed, polite and professional atmosphere.
    -Annual anonymous employee survey that leadership takes very seriously. They make changes for the better as a result of the feedback.
    -Strong focus on career development.
    -Monthly happy hours
    -Profit sharing plan
    -Every quarter we pick a deserving organization in which employees can participate by volunteering their time, services, or monetary contributions
    -Generous reimbursement programs for graduate level education and professional certifications

Cons

-Enaxis is moving at a fast, but healthy pace. Like any firm going through a growth period, there are inherent challenges with things such as infrastructure and systems. While Enaxis actually is pretty ahead of the game in this area (esp. for a small firm), leadership does recognize opportunities to improve and is making the necessary investments.
    -Everyone is required to get certified in an area that may not be relevant to their role.

-Continue with monthly happy hours, weekly firm updates, and annual surveys.
    -Consider revamping certification requirements so they are relevant to each person’s service area.

Fun, friendly, and fast paced work environment

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredibly talented co-workers, tenured with advanced degrees
    - The company is growing very rapidly with promotions from within
    - The office is in Greenway Plaza (30th Floor) with a great view of Houston
    - Clients typically include Fortune 500 and 100 companies, rewarding work
    - Great incentives with profit sharing, stocked kitchen, sponsored events

I started with Enaxis Consulting a little over a year ago and since then have been on several projects for one of our oil & gas clients. The biggest change is having a locally based client and not having to travel every week. The work has been challenging and rewarding, there is always a senior manager or partner to provide guidance.

The company is very supportive of in terms of reimbursing for certifications and core competency trainings. What really stands out for me is the collaborative company culture and support of one another. While the company is growing very fast, since I've been here the founding partners, Dhiren and Jonas, have always emphasized growing the right way and hiring the right people and not just growing for the sake of growing which really shows. Everyone is incredibly talented and SME's at what they do.

Cons

The speed of growth has been challenging but the company is making the proper adjustments by revamping communication tools and adding additional resources in the administrative and marketing departments.

Hard work leads to opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time

Pros

The majority of the company practices the principles of working like you own it but not working for the glory and supporting each other as a team. The standards by which you are measured are clearly laid out. Achieving them takes hard work but the reward system for the work also exists.

Cons

The company is growing fast which always causes some pain during the transition.

Keep the rewards and expectations transparent and fair. Good people will continue to gravitate to you and gladly contribute their expertise and effort.

Worked for Enaxis Consulting? Contribute to the Community!