Enaxis Consulting
www.enaxisconsulting.com Houston, TX 50 to 149 Employees

Enaxis Consulting Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Dhiren Shethia and Jonas Georgsson

Excellent work experience overall, I feel like part of a strong team with exemplary consulting skills.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsValue offering to the client is immense. My colleagues are very high-caliber consultants, and it is a truly collaborative team. I have both reached out for and provided expertise in areas where a colleague (or me) felt their skills needed a boost. You are never out there alone on an assignment -- I feel like someone's got my back at all times. Training and continual education offerings are excellent. You really can grow here, if you have the right attitude and make the commitment.

ConsSenior management is brilliant and personable, but often too busy to understand an issue in full. Everyone is spread thin, possibly an effect of such a dynamic firm. I work a lot -- not sure I have ever achieved that work-life balance that is talked about... Expectations could be made clearer; onboarding process is good, but has not covered enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementApproach growth cautiously. Do whatever you can to not lose the collaborative, family-feeling that keeps so many of us there. Also, maybe spend some time with each of your consultants on a regular basis to maintain that personal touch, take one of your employees out for coffee every day.

Wonderful consulting firm - excellent leadership

Houston, TX

ProsVery collaborative environment of hard-working, ethical consultants.
    Hires smart people that will fit with the company values and atmosphere. Retains and rewards them if they follow through!
    Leadership really cares about well-being and happiness of all employees.
    Generous, fun, and familial atmosphere.
    Leadership is committed to training, professional growth and helping consultants get certified in several areas, which will help consultants be diversified and able to fit where needed, especially when clients tighten their belts an opportunities are scarce.
    Great opportunities for team bonding, happy hours, book club, charitable activities, fun runs, parties, etc.
    Nice offices, good technology.
    Leadership cares about continuous improvement, as evidenced by their annual employee survey and the corrective actions they take in response.
    Works hard to provide clear expectations, performance management. Impressed with supporting technology for back office functions (such as performance management, knowledge management, time/expense reporting, marketing, business development, etc.). Very impressive for a firm this size.
    Wonderful culture! I plan on being at Enaxis for the long haul.

ConsDon't really have any cons.
    Some senior managers/leaders could be better at coaching, communicating and advocating for their matrix.
    Would like to see a spring/summer picnic.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe principals do a great job of trying to stay connected with consultants. However, sometimes it feels forced and they "don't have the time" to spare.
    The mantra of wanting employees to be happy, especially in their assignments, could be reinforced by providing more opportunity to discuss how things are going, making it "safe" for employees to share dis-contentedness, seeking to understand to understand what actions the employee wants, and then acting on it.
    Would be nice for consultants to have more input on their project assignments.

An exciting, fast-paced, and growing company

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsOur rapid and consistent growth provides variety of work, as well as opportunities for client and project leadership roles; We have smart, hard-working consultants with diverse backgrounds and experiences; Our smaller size provides greater visibility within the firm, and more exposure to our Fortune 100 clients; We work hard and play hard--numerous social and community events.

ConsThis is a busy firm---not much time to settle in--be ready to "hit the ground running" as you will quickly become involved in client and firm initiatives.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great firm with strategic projects and no travel

Houston, TX

Pros-Firm hires quality, experienced consultants.
    -The firm's founders came from big firms; their vision was to start a management consulting firm specializing in oil and gas. As a Houston-based firm located in the world's oil & gas HQ, this means the majority of our work is local so we do not travel.
    -Large portfolio of oil and gas clients including the supermajors
    -Relaxed, polite and professional atmosphere.
    -Annual anonymous employee survey that leadership takes very seriously. They make changes for the better as a result of the feedback.
    -Strong focus on career development.
    -Monthly happy hours
    -Profit sharing plan
    -Every quarter we pick a deserving organization in which employees can participate by volunteering their time, services, or monetary contributions
    -Generous reimbursement programs for graduate level education and professional certifications

Cons-Enaxis is moving at a fast, but healthy pace. Like any firm going through a growth period, there are inherent challenges with things such as infrastructure and systems. While Enaxis actually is pretty ahead of the game in this area (esp. for a small firm), leadership does recognize opportunities to improve and is making the necessary investments.
    -Everyone is required to get certified in an area that may not be relevant to their role.

Advice to Senior Management-Continue with monthly happy hours, weekly firm updates, and annual surveys.
    -Consider revamping certification requirements so they are relevant to each person’s service area.

Hard work leads to opportunity

Houston, TX

ProsThe majority of the company practices the principles of working like you own it but not working for the glory and supporting each other as a team. The standards by which you are measured are clearly laid out. Achieving them takes hard work but the reward system for the work also exists.

ConsThe company is growing fast which always causes some pain during the transition.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the rewards and expectations transparent and fair. Good people will continue to gravitate to you and gladly contribute their expertise and effort.

Fun, friendly, and fast paced work environment

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

Pros- Incredibly talented co-workers, tenured with advanced degrees
    - The company is growing very rapidly with promotions from within
    - The office is in Greenway Plaza (30th Floor) with a great view of Houston
    - Clients typically include Fortune 500 and 100 companies, rewarding work
    - Great incentives with profit sharing, stocked kitchen, sponsored events

I started with Enaxis Consulting a little over a year ago and since then have been on several projects for one of our oil & gas clients. The biggest change is having a locally based client and not having to travel every week. The work has been challenging and rewarding, there is always a senior manager or partner to provide guidance.

The company is very supportive of in terms of reimbursing for certifications and core competency trainings. What really stands out for me is the collaborative company culture and support of one another. While the company is growing very fast, since I've been here the founding partners, Dhiren and Jonas, have always emphasized growing the right way and hiring the right people and not just growing for the sake of growing which really shows. Everyone is incredibly talented and SME's at what they do.

ConsThe speed of growth has been challenging but the company is making the proper adjustments by revamping communication tools and adding additional resources in the administrative and marketing departments.

Excellent place to work

ProsGood work-life balance, feels like a community, good management

ConsPerformance Management is not upto the mark, limited training opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent work in creating opportunities for everyone in the firm

Positive and Balanced Work Life at Enaxis

Houston, TX

ProsEnaxis encourages doing meaningful work, leveraging your talents as well as supporting your career growth; overall a very positive experience!

ConsFor me downside is minimal, I am satisfied with my career experience there. So from a job perspective, better benefits and firm activities may be nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementI truly feel management seeks to do right by the employees. Keep doing what you are doing, look out for your employees and they will continue to take good care of the clients!

Good people who are really smart and driven

ProsFast growing, small so lots of opportunity to get on board and advance. If you are someone who likes working for very large companies, don't work here, as this is more like a fast growth entrepreneurial environment. Also fast pace, lost of ideas floating around, lots of changes (which I like) but isn't always easy. Good people who are really smart and driven.

ConsGrowing pains...people can be gossipy but I think that is true anywhere.

Advice to Senior Managementoperations needs to be expanded, need better 401k matching.

Small Firm - good people

Houston, TX

ProsI like the people at this company, they are honest, smart and fun. The company is growing, so as expected there are growing pains, but if you do your job well they appreciate you and you know it. I think the management team is very fair, if you have a concern or an idea, they listen and act on it if they can. The management team is making lots of changes, including adding a ton of training that anyone can attend. They also have happy hours once a month, a holiday party, and other family friendly events. Not sure why the folks above don't think there is enough communication, at the monthly all hands meeting there is almost TOO much communication, as the meetings go over an hour sometimes! They tell you all about the revenue, goals, new clients, etc.

ConsSmaller company so they don't have the perks of larger Management Consulting firms. They also ask for an average of 45 hours a week, but I know for a fact that big consulting firms expect MUCH more than that.

Worked for Enaxis Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Enaxis Consulting – Why Work for Us?

About Us Rich History, Right Values Our Vision To be the trusted advisor to the Information Technology executive in the Energy industry. What we do We assist our clients with: • Acquisitions or divestures… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enaxis Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enaxis Consulting CEO Dhiren Shethia and Jonas Georgsson. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Enaxis Consulting employees.