Enaxis Consulting

www.enaxisconsulting.com

Enaxis Consulting Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Dhiren Shethia and Jonas Georgsson

Still the same ego-driven place

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLow travel for most
    Can work in I.T. without deep technical skills
    Largest client (half their business) is a great credential

ConsBenefits were very minimal though I hear they now have a 401K match.
    Profit sharing payments at the end of one year can be deducted from your bonus the next year; only a small number of "favorites" are paid decently, and if they don't like you, watch your bonus disappear
    Social events were used to judge how into the firm you were
    Watch out for the "culture": I was looking over the reviews and spoke to some former colleagues that are still there and it sounds like it's still the same old place. From the 4/16/11 review to the 2/15/13 review to the new 4/16/14 review, there has been no evolution of a self-centered group of owners that run the firm according to their egos and are not concerned about insulting and belittling those below them.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize the disconnect between your actions and your words and stop using the firm as a vehicle for your egos

Very Deceitful

Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMinimal travel, some decent coworkers, latest technology

ConsHorrible management, fake reviews on this site (yes, the marketing guy wrote most of them), low pay, no ethics, not growing

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the management - need people that can actually grow a company

Extremely disappointed that representations upfront were wildly inaccurate--Be Careful

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsOnly a few employees have to travel for business
    Work week for most junior employees averages only 50 hours per week
    Office facility in Houston is spacious and well located for many

ConsMostly I.T. staff augmentation work at a very small number of clients, not "management consulting"
    Compensation low and bonuses are seldom what is promised (many "discretionary" factors that are used against you)
    High turnover so constant change of colleagues
    Currently focused on oil & gas clients but no industry-specific expertise or training; mostly work in generic I.T. infrastructure areas
    Employees are all levels are subject to angry emotional tirades if they don't agree with a decision
    [the more negative reviews below are still accurate; positive current reviews are directed by the firm]

Advice to Senior ManagementPresent an honest, balance view to perspective employees and clients

Enaxis Consulting Talent Director responded to this review

Apr 25, 2014

We would like to take the time to address this review since we find it to be overtly counter to what we deem as true. The work we do is true Management Consulting around IT, you can read white ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very negative work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Small firm, gets to know everyone, rather than just being a number
    - Excellent coworkers
    - Interesting projects to work on

Cons- During economic hardship, decided to cut people's salary by 50% but still expecting them to be happy and put in 45 hrs a week. Meanwhile, one of the owners was buying a new 5,000 sq ft house in Bellaire City.
    - Extremely political. Promotion/project placement are based on whether the leadership likes the person, not the capabilities.
    - Cheap. Terrible/non-existent internal training and no external training offered (unless you are well connected).
    - Very negative work environment where management only pretends to care about the wellbeing of employees. Have heard the owner said: "we pay them enough for them not to complain."
    - Pays at 40hr/week but expects everyone to bill 45hrs a week to the client. The "up to" 10% bonus is suppose to compensate for the extra hours, but management finds any reason not to give it out. Examples include taking vacation/sickness (counts against total utilization if you take time off), not on a project, or that they just don't like you.

Hostile work environment where someone might yell at you for little reason. Or be extremely nice and then turn around and back stab you. Basically, in order to work/survive the place, bring in your own project or kiss up to the leadership.

Unsupportive and not open to new ideas

Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat office space downtown, free parking
    Snacks at the office.
    Most consultants are friendly

ConsThis firm promotes itself as being very open to new ideas, but is steadfast and firm in the way that it likes to do things. They focus much of their team building efforts around drinking alcohol, if you are not a drinker you will not fit in. Some of the consultants and senior managers hold back on information that you need to get your job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to new ideas and look for novel approaches to solving issues. Develop a mission and vision, not just have value statement. Be more honest in what you tell future employees concerning the scope of the work. There is very little management consulting and much menial work to be done, be honest with this instead of promising otherwise.

Dishonest Practices, bait and switch

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsContract opportunities with Houston's oil and gas players. Good place to start your career if you're undecided about where you're going

ConsMost opportunities are staff augmentation. Bonus percentage is not 10% as pitched if you ever take a day off. Marketing processes still being developed, lack on internal synergies amongst staff, trust and a den of dishonesty and lies, catering to those who thrive in such cut throat back stabbing environments. Hire turnover rate, revolving door, most people just stay for a short while then leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp internal ethical practices, marketing, pay, training and retention. Perhaps hiring a consultant company to identify and assess why people never stay and execute their recommended changes.

Mostly positive

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCollaborative, collegial culture
    Most people willing and able to help if you ask for it
    Company continues to grow
    Most of Senior Managers are respected

Cons"Leadership" is lacking in that there are 4 partners (owners), but would classify them as upper management at best, not leaders. Yes, they are responsible for setting the overall direction and tone for the firm, but truthfully, only 1 has earned my respect and loyalty (in my view).

The others manage in a way that confirms you indeed for for them, and its all about image. As long as you play their game, laugh at their jokes, go to the Christmas party..they'll generally leave you be.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the love affair with yourselves. If you truly want to grow and take the company to the next level, leave the clouded, I know and can do everything, attitude at the door. Take time to truly listen and understand your employees concerns, build that loyalty, and you may be surprised where things go.

Decent - If you accept the fact you are making the OWNERS rich, expectations are met

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros* Good client base - good for making contacts
    * No/limited travel (rare for consulting)
    * Do your job, keep your head down, and you will be left alone

Cons* Low pay for industry / owners getting rich
    * Bonus plans are weak / benefits the owners
    * Like most places, very political

Advice to Senior Management* Re-evaluate industry standard pay
    * Just be honest and admit what you are (pimps that pimp out consultants) instead of a pretend "family" where wealth is distributed evenly

Positive and Balanced Work Life at Enaxis

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsEnaxis encourages doing meaningful work, leveraging your talents as well as supporting your career growth; overall a very positive experience!

ConsFor me downside is minimal, I am satisfied with my career experience there. So from a job perspective, better benefits and firm activities may be nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementI truly feel management seeks to do right by the employees. Keep doing what you are doing, look out for your employees and they will continue to take good care of the clients!

Good people who are really smart and driven

ProsFast growing, small so lots of opportunity to get on board and advance. If you are someone who likes working for very large companies, don't work here, as this is more like a fast growth entrepreneurial environment. Also fast pace, lost of ideas floating around, lots of changes (which I like) but isn't always easy. Good people who are really smart and driven.

ConsGrowing pains...people can be gossipy but I think that is true anywhere.

Advice to Senior Managementoperations needs to be expanded, need better 401k matching.

Worked for Enaxis Consulting? Contribute to the Community!