Enaxis Consulting

Updated January 30, 2015
Updated January 30, 2015
3.7

Dhiren Shethia and Jonas Georgsson

Extremely disappointed that representations upfront were wildly inaccurate--Be Careful

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Only a few employees have to travel for business
    Work week for most junior employees averages only 50 hours per week
    Office facility in Houston is spacious and well located for many

Cons

Mostly I.T. staff augmentation work at a very small number of clients, not "management consulting"
    Compensation low and bonuses are seldom what is promised (many "discretionary" factors that are used against you)
    High turnover so constant change of colleagues
    Currently focused on oil & gas clients but no industry-specific expertise or training; mostly work in generic I.T. infrastructure areas
    Employees are all levels are subject to angry emotional tirades if they don't agree with a decision
    [the more negative reviews below are still accurate; positive current reviews are directed by the firm]

Present an honest, balance view to perspective employees and clients

Enaxis Consulting Response

Apr 25, 2014Talent Director

We would like to take the time to address this review since we find it to be overtly counter to what we deem as true. The work we do is true Management Consulting around IT, you can read white ... More

Positive and Balanced Work Life at Enaxis

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Enaxis encourages doing meaningful work, leveraging your talents as well as supporting your career growth; overall a very positive experience!

Cons

For me downside is minimal, I am satisfied with my career experience there. So from a job perspective, better benefits and firm activities may be nice.

I truly feel management seeks to do right by the employees. Keep doing what you are doing, look out for your employees and they will continue to take good care of the clients!

Fun, friendly, and fast paced work environment

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Incredibly talented co-workers, tenured with advanced degrees
    - The company is growing very rapidly with promotions from within
    - The office is in Greenway Plaza (30th Floor) with a great view of Houston
    - Clients typically include Fortune 500 and 100 companies, rewarding work
    - Great incentives with profit sharing, stocked kitchen, sponsored events

I started with Enaxis Consulting a little over a year ago and since then have been on several projects for one of our oil & gas clients. The biggest change is having a locally based client and not having to travel every week. The work has been challenging and rewarding, there is always a senior manager or partner to provide guidance.

The company is very supportive of in terms of reimbursing for certifications and core competency trainings. What really stands out for me is the collaborative company culture and support of one another. While the company is growing very fast, since I've been here the founding partners, Dhiren and Jonas, have always emphasized growing the right way and hiring the right people and not just growing for the sake of growing which really shows. Everyone is incredibly talented and SME's at what they do.

Cons

The speed of growth has been challenging but the company is making the proper adjustments by revamping communication tools and adding additional resources in the administrative and marketing departments.

Enaxis Consulting Response

Dec 8, 2014Talent Director

Thank you!

Hard work leads to opportunity

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time

Pros

The majority of the company practices the principles of working like you own it but not working for the glory and supporting each other as a team. The standards by which you are measured are clearly laid out. Achieving them takes hard work but the reward system for the work also exists.

Cons

The company is growing fast which always causes some pain during the transition.

Keep the rewards and expectations transparent and fair. Good people will continue to gravitate to you and gladly contribute their expertise and effort.

Great firm with strategic projects and no travel

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Firm hires quality, experienced consultants.
    -The firm's founders came from big firms; their vision was to start a management consulting firm specializing in oil and gas. As a Houston-based firm located in the world's oil & gas HQ, this means the majority of our work is local so we do not travel.
    -Large portfolio of oil and gas clients including the supermajors
    -Relaxed, polite and professional atmosphere.
    -Annual anonymous employee survey that leadership takes very seriously. They make changes for the better as a result of the feedback.
    -Strong focus on career development.
    -Monthly happy hours
    -Profit sharing plan
    -Every quarter we pick a deserving organization in which employees can participate by volunteering their time, services, or monetary contributions
    -Generous reimbursement programs for graduate level education and professional certifications

Cons

-Enaxis is moving at a fast, but healthy pace. Like any firm going through a growth period, there are inherent challenges with things such as infrastructure and systems. While Enaxis actually is pretty ahead of the game in this area (esp. for a small firm), leadership does recognize opportunities to improve and is making the necessary investments.
    -Everyone is required to get certified in an area that may not be relevant to their role.

-Continue with monthly happy hours, weekly firm updates, and annual surveys.
    -Consider revamping certification requirements so they are relevant to each person’s service area.

An exciting, fast-paced, and growing company

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Our rapid and consistent growth provides variety of work, as well as opportunities for client and project leadership roles; We have smart, hard-working consultants with diverse backgrounds and experiences; Our smaller size provides greater visibility within the firm, and more exposure to our Fortune 100 clients; We work hard and play hard--numerous social and community events.

Cons

This is a busy firm---not much time to settle in--be ready to "hit the ground running" as you will quickly become involved in client and firm initiatives.

Good people who are really smart and driven

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast growing, small so lots of opportunity to get on board and advance. If you are someone who likes working for very large companies, don't work here, as this is more like a fast growth entrepreneurial environment. Also fast pace, lost of ideas floating around, lots of changes (which I like) but isn't always easy. Good people who are really smart and driven.

Cons

Growing pains...people can be gossipy but I think that is true anywhere.

operations needs to be expanded, need better 401k matching.

Dishonest Practices, bait and switch

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time

Pros

Contract opportunities with Houston's oil and gas players. Good place to start your career if you're undecided about where you're going

Cons

Most opportunities are staff augmentation. Bonus percentage is not 10% as pitched if you ever take a day off. Marketing processes still being developed, lack on internal synergies amongst staff, trust and a den of dishonesty and lies, catering to those who thrive in such cut throat back stabbing environments. Hire turnover rate, revolving door, most people just stay for a short while then leave.

Revamp internal ethical practices, marketing, pay, training and retention. Perhaps hiring a consultant company to identify and assess why people never stay and execute their recommended changes.

Decent - If you accept the fact you are making the OWNERS rich, expectations are met

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

* Good client base - good for making contacts
    * No/limited travel (rare for consulting)
    * Do your job, keep your head down, and you will be left alone

Cons

* Low pay for industry / owners getting rich
    * Bonus plans are weak / benefits the owners
    * Like most places, very political

* Re-evaluate industry standard pay
    * Just be honest and admit what you are (pimps that pimp out consultants) instead of a pretend "family" where wealth is distributed evenly

Small Firm - good people

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting

Pros

I like the people at this company, they are honest, smart and fun. The company is growing, so as expected there are growing pains, but if you do your job well they appreciate you and you know it. I think the management team is very fair, if you have a concern or an idea, they listen and act on it if they can. The management team is making lots of changes, including adding a ton of training that anyone can attend. They also have happy hours once a month, a holiday party, and other family friendly events. Not sure why the folks above don't think there is enough communication, at the monthly all hands meeting there is almost TOO much communication, as the meetings go over an hour sometimes! They tell you all about the revenue, goals, new clients, etc.

Cons

Smaller company so they don't have the perks of larger Management Consulting firms. They also ask for an average of 45 hours a week, but I know for a fact that big consulting firms expect MUCH more than that.