Enaxis Consulting Reviews

Very Deceitful

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Minimal travel, some decent coworkers, latest technology

Cons

Horrible management, fake reviews on this site (yes, the marketing guy wrote most of them), low pay, no ethics, not growing

Change the management - need people that can actually grow a company

Dec 8, 2014Talent Director

Thank you for your review, we're sorry to hear this. We have grown about 25 - 30% for almost 4 years in a row, so we believe the management team is doing a great job of growing the company and ... More

Still the same ego-driven place

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Low travel for most
    Can work in I.T. without deep technical skills
    Largest client (half their business) is a great credential

Cons

Benefits were very minimal though I hear they now have a 401K match.
    Profit sharing payments at the end of one year can be deducted from your bonus the next year; only a small number of "favorites" are paid decently, and if they don't like you, watch your bonus disappear
    Social events were used to judge how into the firm you were
    Watch out for the "culture": I was looking over the reviews and spoke to some former colleagues that are still there and it sounds like it's still the same old place. From the 4/16/11 review to the 2/15/13 review to the new 4/16/14 review, there has been no evolution of a self-centered group of owners that run the firm according to their egos and are not concerned about insulting and belittling those below them.

Realize the disconnect between your actions and your words and stop using the firm as a vehicle for your egos

Dec 8, 2014Talent Director

We realize that there will be some unhappy folks who are no longer with us, but we hope readers will take the time to learn more about us and decide for themselves.

Extremely disappointed that representations upfront were wildly inaccurate--Be Careful

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Only a few employees have to travel for business
    Work week for most junior employees averages only 50 hours per week
    Office facility in Houston is spacious and well located for many

Cons

Mostly I.T. staff augmentation work at a very small number of clients, not "management consulting"
    Compensation low and bonuses are seldom what is promised (many "discretionary" factors that are used against you)
    High turnover so constant change of colleagues
    Currently focused on oil & gas clients but no industry-specific expertise or training; mostly work in generic I.T. infrastructure areas
    Employees are all levels are subject to angry emotional tirades if they don't agree with a decision
    [the more negative reviews below are still accurate; positive current reviews are directed by the firm]

Present an honest, balance view to perspective employees and clients

Apr 25, 2014Talent Director

We would like to take the time to address this review since we find it to be overtly counter to what we deem as true. The work we do is true Management Consulting around IT, you can read white ... More

Positive and Balanced Work Life at Enaxis

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Enaxis encourages doing meaningful work, leveraging your talents as well as supporting your career growth; overall a very positive experience!

Cons

For me downside is minimal, I am satisfied with my career experience there. So from a job perspective, better benefits and firm activities may be nice.

I truly feel management seeks to do right by the employees. Keep doing what you are doing, look out for your employees and they will continue to take good care of the clients!

An exciting, fast-paced, and growing company

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Our rapid and consistent growth provides variety of work, as well as opportunities for client and project leadership roles; We have smart, hard-working consultants with diverse backgrounds and experiences; Our smaller size provides greater visibility within the firm, and more exposure to our Fortune 100 clients; We work hard and play hard--numerous social and community events.

Cons

This is a busy firm---not much time to settle in--be ready to "hit the ground running" as you will quickly become involved in client and firm initiatives.

Great firm with strategic projects and no travel

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Firm hires quality, experienced consultants.
    -The firm's founders came from big firms; their vision was to start a management consulting firm specializing in oil and gas. As a Houston-based firm located in the world's oil & gas HQ, this means the majority of our work is local so we do not travel.
    -Large portfolio of oil and gas clients including the supermajors
    -Relaxed, polite and professional atmosphere.
    -Annual anonymous employee survey that leadership takes very seriously. They make changes for the better as a result of the feedback.
    -Strong focus on career development.
    -Monthly happy hours
    -Profit sharing plan
    -Every quarter we pick a deserving organization in which employees can participate by volunteering their time, services, or monetary contributions
    -Generous reimbursement programs for graduate level education and professional certifications

Cons

-Enaxis is moving at a fast, but healthy pace. Like any firm going through a growth period, there are inherent challenges with things such as infrastructure and systems. While Enaxis actually is pretty ahead of the game in this area (esp. for a small firm), leadership does recognize opportunities to improve and is making the necessary investments.
    -Everyone is required to get certified in an area that may not be relevant to their role.

-Continue with monthly happy hours, weekly firm updates, and annual surveys.
    -Consider revamping certification requirements so they are relevant to each person’s service area.

Fun, friendly, and fast paced work environment

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Incredibly talented co-workers, tenured with advanced degrees
    - The company is growing very rapidly with promotions from within
    - The office is in Greenway Plaza (30th Floor) with a great view of Houston
    - Clients typically include Fortune 500 and 100 companies, rewarding work
    - Great incentives with profit sharing, stocked kitchen, sponsored events

I started with Enaxis Consulting a little over a year ago and since then have been on several projects for one of our oil & gas clients. The biggest change is having a locally based client and not having to travel every week. The work has been challenging and rewarding, there is always a senior manager or partner to provide guidance.

The company is very supportive of in terms of reimbursing for certifications and core competency trainings. What really stands out for me is the collaborative company culture and support of one another. While the company is growing very fast, since I've been here the founding partners, Dhiren and Jonas, have always emphasized growing the right way and hiring the right people and not just growing for the sake of growing which really shows. Everyone is incredibly talented and SME's at what they do.

Cons

The speed of growth has been challenging but the company is making the proper adjustments by revamping communication tools and adding additional resources in the administrative and marketing departments.

Thank you!

Hard work leads to opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time

Pros

The majority of the company practices the principles of working like you own it but not working for the glory and supporting each other as a team. The standards by which you are measured are clearly laid out. Achieving them takes hard work but the reward system for the work also exists.

Cons

The company is growing fast which always causes some pain during the transition.

Keep the rewards and expectations transparent and fair. Good people will continue to gravitate to you and gladly contribute their expertise and effort.

10. Good people who are really smart and driven

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast growing, small so lots of opportunity to get on board and advance. If you are someone who likes working for very large companies, don't work here, as this is more like a fast growth entrepreneurial environment. Also fast pace, lost of ideas floating around, lots of changes (which I like) but isn't always easy. Good people who are really smart and driven.

Cons

Growing pains...people can be gossipy but I think that is true anywhere.

operations needs to be expanded, need better 401k matching.

Dishonest Practices, bait and switch

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time

Pros

Contract opportunities with Houston's oil and gas players. Good place to start your career if you're undecided about where you're going

Cons

Most opportunities are staff augmentation. Bonus percentage is not 10% as pitched if you ever take a day off. Marketing processes still being developed, lack on internal synergies amongst staff, trust and a den of dishonesty and lies, catering to those who thrive in such cut throat back stabbing environments. Hire turnover rate, revolving door, most people just stay for a short while then leave.

Revamp internal ethical practices, marketing, pay, training and retention. Perhaps hiring a consultant company to identify and assess why people never stay and execute their recommended changes.