Enbridge Energy

Mark A. Maki

Operations

Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Enbridge Energy full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGrowth Oriented- constant change to become "The Best", the company has a great outlook for the future and is always looking to be the leading edge....they'll get you outside your comfort zone and lead you on a developmental path inorder to take you places you didn't think you could go!

ConsThe cons could be the same as the pros if you don't like change.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep developing your people, they're your greatest asset!

Great company

I have been working at Enbridge Energy

ProsGreat salary and good work environment

ConsLimited Location preferences and travelling

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing great! do not change

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Enbridge Energy

ProsGood company, great people to work with.

ConsPay is average, probably not on par with larger energy companies.

Excellent Company to work for. Management is very supportive.

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Enbridge Energy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCo-workers are great. Good Time Off. Benefits are very reasonable. A flexible work schedule allows you to have every other Friday off work. Company pays for parking or Bus Fare.

ConsSince the main office is in Houston, and the city is so spread out, the commute to downtown is long and if you drive, very costly. Due to Corporate being in Canada, a culture clash does occur on some policies and procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not treat the US portion of the company as the "red headed stepchild." Promote the US as much as you promote the other portions of the company.

Awesome working environment!

Plant Operator (Current Employee)
Sayre, OK

I have been working at Enbridge Energy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBest company I have worked for ever.

ConsAllow more time off with flex days.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

good

Operator (Current Employee)
Strawn, TX

I have been working at Enbridge Energy

Prosflexable time with family and work

Consunderstaff in operations and workload

Enbridge internship

Off Shore Commercial Development Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Enbridge Energy

ProsInterning with Enbridge was great. I worked with them during the summer of 2010 as an intern with the off shore commercial development team. It is a large and established company, but you get to interact with management quit a bit. They were extremely excited to have me as an intern, and really looked for ways to get me involved with their work. I came away from the internship with a good knowledge base of the oil & gas industry. Overall, great place to work, great atmosphere, great employees, very talented and knowledgeable management. This company is in good hands.

ConsVery few cons, this group was always looking to teach me and enhance my experience as much as possible. The only con would be that for this particular internship, there didn't seem to be very many openings for entry level positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementInterview candidates earlier. I interviewed during finals in May, and received an offer a few days later. I had offers to other places, and was barley able to hold out until I heard back from Enbridge. I can only suspect that many of the most talented candidates had already been forced to accept other offers. Interview before March or April.

Enbridge is a Rising Star in the Energy Area.

I have been working at Enbridge Energy

ProsVery well thought out business plan. Communication from Senior Management down to employees is handled very well. Executives are very easy to approach and talk with.
Work hours are very flexible. Enbridge instituted the Flexible Work Week in 2006. An employee can work flex days, or four 9 hour days with every other Friday off, or four 9 hour days with half day Fridays.

ConsHouston being so spread out, the company is pretty much required to be located downtown. The commute from the outskirts of Houston to downtown can be difficult at times. There are very few locations near downtown for a family, due to either education concerns or environment concerns. Thus for family reasons, most people choose to live in the outskirts of Houston.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and communications.

so so

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I worked at Enbridge Energy

Prosdecent wage for students, laid back management, room for advancement, incentive programs, constant training, intensive software training, up to date software used

Consbad location, not very challenging, very stressful due to irate customers, problems with software freezing and crashing, too many breaks

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the future I would recommend considering a new location in a safer area of town, better parking, training programs geared to train employees in terms of how to handle high stress situations, and training for troubleshooting software

Worked for Enbridge Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enbridge Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enbridge Energy CEO Mark A. Maki. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Enbridge Energy employees.