Enchantment Resort Reviews

2.7
CEO
1 Rating

1. Working in Paradise

I worked at Enchantment Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture of the organization is strong and consistent. Senior management embraces their core values.

Cons

Middle managers change too frequently.

Advice to Management

Nurture your employees and your employees will reward you with their loyalty.

2. mainaintence

Former Employee - Certified Pool Operator in Camp Verde, AZ
    Former Employee - Certified Pool Operator in Camp Verde, AZ

I worked at Enchantment Resort (More than 3 years)

Pros

food provided in the cafeteria??????

Cons

If you want to be treated like a number work to get ahead and be treated like garbage. This is the place for you. They act if they are GODS and they are the ultimate employer I and 21 other people are composing a 31 page document to provide to the details of badly they treat people. They do not listen to the employees. Not truth run by rumors or speculation. Ask calcify if you have a question. They are not GODS and you do not rule their lives. The HR department and upper management has no idea as to what really goes on. It is run on gossip and facebook speculation.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Not rumors or speculation. Ask calcify if you have a question. You are not GODS and you do not rule their lives. The HR department and upper management has no idea as to what really goes on. It is run on gossip and facebook speculation.

3. Over-worked employees who receive little to no appreciation for past or present achievements

I have been working at Enchantment Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I considered myself lucky to be employed within such a fantastic, breath-taking wonderland of Sedona. The views and scenery are probably on every single employee's Pros list, honestly.

Cons

Terrible management who over-worked employees, asked me on more than one occasion to work on my ONE day off after working twelve days straight, and an extremely dysfunctional, double standardized operation.

Advice to Management

Promote people who actually fit the description of the job title instead of basing your judgments off of whether or not they fit into a randomized group of narcissists who fabricate lies and run to the management at any given turn to degrade your character.

5. Beautiful property

Former Employee - Department Manager in Sedona, AZ
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Sedona, AZ

I worked at Enchantment Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The property is the prettiest, best, most scenic property in Sedona. Deer roam free in common areas and up to the rooms. Since it is secluded back in a canyon, celebrities stay there a lot but are very rarely scene, the property is on 70 acres of land

Cons

UPPER management (Executive committee) is a group of cliques and if youre not in with their group, they treat you bad. Human Resources does not support its employees, managers or staff.

Advice to Management

Dont assume or make allegations without research and investigation. I have seen too many people come and go by lies and mis-treatment with no support from Human Resource. HR basically runs the place and determines who is hired and fired without taking into consideration dept manager recommendations or input.

6. No opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Many in Sedona, AZ
    Current Employee - Many in Sedona, AZ

I have been working at Enchantment Resort full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Direct managers are great! They will listen and respect your opinion.

Cons

There is no chance for advancement, because they only hire managers that upper management knows. Even if you are qualifed for the position.

Advice to Management

Take a look at who is really running the company, and promote from within!

7. Spa therapist

Former Employee - SPA Therapist
    Former Employee - SPA Therapist

I worked at Enchantment Resort part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The spa team was an amazing group of professionals.

Cons

The management can easily remove the magic of the space. Cost cutting has also left employees with little but a paycheck.

Advice to Management

If you treat your employees like family, you will get loyalty.

8. Good Employees, Terrible upper management

Current Employee - SPA Coordinator in Sedona, AZ
    Current Employee - SPA Coordinator in Sedona, AZ

I have been working at Enchantment Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location and fellow employees are the main reason that people stay and enjoy their jobs

Cons

Upper Management doesnt treat their people very well, treats them like they are idiots and expect more than any employer I've ever worked for

Advice to Management

Treat your people as you would like to be treated

9. I enjoy working there

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Sedona, AZ
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Sedona, AZ

Pros

-Good pay ($27.00 per massage plus tips usually $20.00) when busy (which is most of the time) -Great team -Great management -Good benefits

Cons

-horrible food in the employee cafe -not a lot of time off -every massage you get paid the same (even specialty and senior therapist) -very slow accumulating vacation time -no actual time off must trade with other massage therapist (which often feel overworked)

Advice to Management

-praise more -hire more part time massage therapist to fill gaps -improve food in cafe -make deep tissue massages more pay to massage therapist

RSS Feed </> Embed