Encore Enterprises

90 Days and Still Working Hard

Current Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Just passed the 90 day mark and I have learned so much in such a little time. I feel like I have been here for years on an experience level. I really appreciate Doc and his guidance. I do believe in his vision and have come to fit in where the culture is extremely hard working. I love the experience I have gained and plan on being here for a long time to come. Very good benefits, management that cares, and a big open door policy that even Doc himself will listen to.

Cons

Family and Quality Life Balance really out of whack, but you have to work to succeed. I work very long hours but do so happily and gratefully. I have no family, but for those that do I could see it being a struggle to work here due to the demand and pace.

Take into consideration those that do not have it like you, and have a little sympathy towards their situations in regards to pay, family and hard work. Remember they do have families. Make sure your division presidents offer bonuses fairly and to those who really deserve it. Don't forget the ones you never hear about because they are always there and working, and love their jobs.

Encore Enterprises - unique culture, strategies, and opportunities

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time

Pros

Encore Enterprises has one of the most unique company cultures I have ever witnessed. It is a positive and dynamic atmosphere. Management lives by the open door policy and new ideas are encouraged and rewarded. The company has been growing and expanding into all areas of real estate, which has created tremendous career and growth opportunities. I know that the employers and employees all have high expectations for work performance and quality which means that long hours, diligent work, and a learning curve are inevitable. Excuses are not taken lightly and performance drives the meritocracy.

Cons

As with any rapid expansion, tension increases the farther the model is stretched. There are hits and misses as new members continue to join team. However, at the end of the day, company culture for honest, quality, and positive work is never sacrificed. I believe that management takes all complaints, comments, and suggestions into account when issues arise and are dealt with in a direct fashion.

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is by far the Best company I have ever worked for. They are very flexible with scheduling of hours because they take into consideration each employees individual needs. The pay and benefits are outstanding; definitely helps to keep me motivated to do my very best. The diversity within the company is a plus because it makes me feel as an equal on every level. I look forward to being here until I retire.

Cons

I couldn't find anything wrong if I tried!

Keep up the great work!

A Culture of Growth, Integrity, Hard Work, and Success

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have witnessed this Company's growth from its inception. There have been ups and downs caused by both market conditions and interesting opportunities, but through all of these situations I still possess complete faith in the management and culture of this Company. Expectations for employees are high and hard work that requires long hours is standard among all groups within the firm. However, if you are looking for an opportunity to gain valuable training by learning something about real estate and how to run a successful business this Company will appeal to you.

In addition, Encore believes in conducting business with integrity and supporting the greater community of Dallas.

Cons

Because of the nature of high growth, there are growing pains that cannot be underplayed. Although, in my experience, managers do take the time to understand the trials and tribulations of team members when they bring up issues.

There have been concerns regarding benefits and certain company-wide policies. However, I believe that there will be changes coming soon that will greatly improve working life for all employees at the firm.

Stay vigilant in terms of understanding what will make employees happy. Overall I think management has done a great job, but there is always room for improvement and growth in all areas.

Excellent Learning and Growth Opportunities

I have been working at Encore Enterprises

Pros

Good environment for learning about all things real estate. The company is vertically integrated, so it is easy to talk to other departments and learn about them, whether it is retail, multifamily, office, etc.

The company is also very diverse not only in regards to race but also in regards to ideas and socioeconomic, educational, and industry backgrounds. People are knowledgeable and resourceful and it is good to have a conversation with any of them.

Since it is a smaller company, it is easier to talk to executives or the "higher ups". The corporate culture is also fairly good and people respect each other for the most part.

I would describe the culture as results-oriented and performance-driven, but enjoyable. The chairman likes to crack jokes, many of which are funny 60-70% of the time.

Cons

The pace of work can be described as above average, although the work can be disproportionate more so for some than for others

The company age tends to lean towards 40+ years old, which can be both a good and a bad thing.
    Not really a con but the office isn't the most modern building of all time. I have been to other offices and they definitely feel more welcoming and encourage socializing after hours. However, picking a company for its office amenities doesn't make much sense.

The company team doesn’t feel like a “team”. Read more in the advice.

Have more company social functions because the workplace and environment can be stiff and some people feel that the “schedule” is too inflexible for after-hours/brief cubicle socializing. For example, one of the companies I’ve visited had 3 or 4 small tables with 3 to 4 chairs each in a common area so that people can eat lunch together instead of at their cubicles.

The office itself can be a bit depressing or gloomy. The office doesn’t allow much natural light in. Everything in the office is white or gray. The kitchen is a great example. It also has printers in it…not an appealing place for a meal.

And invite the company to a quarterly lunch or something. The Five Guys Celebration was one of the few times I had the chance to fully socialize with other employees and feel a sense of place. The company has a Christmas party, which is good, but something on a smaller scale, like the Five Guys lunch, every quarter or so would really make Encore that much better of a workplace and make me feel like I am a part of something bigger than myself.

Nov 23, 2014chairman

thank you and good suggestions. we will continue to add more activities. i would also recommend that you take the leadership and give us some concrete ideas which we can implement?

Review of company culture and how they treat employees

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time

Pros

Very good company to work for. The company genuinely cares about their people

Cons

Some of the work rules need updating, but I can see progress.

Continue to recognize the importance of employees

Exceptional Company to Work For

I have been working at Encore Enterprises

Pros

Exceptional talent and entrepreneurial company
    Great work/life balance
    Very experienced and knowledgeable upper management
    Vertically integrated company and with dynamic platform

Cons

None that I can think of

great vision and great future

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time

Pros

never seen a company where under one roof, there are so many powerful brains and all working harmoniously. if an issue in brought up to upper management, they will not sit on an issue. one may or may not like the response but there will be an action and a response to the query. transparency and appreciation is also obvious and so is brutal honesty about ones performance.

Cons

company is growing very fast and hence the issues any growth company faces are quiet evident.

keep up the good work. we are thankful you are here.

A company of growth and opportunity both personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very diverse company. Great learning opportunities. Team mentality. Good benefits including hotel discounts. Upper management invites all forms of communication and actually listens to the concerns of support staff and acts on those concerns. Management treats all staff fairly and with respect. Encore has given me the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.

Cons

Software changes are made without some end user input and testing. This is a work in progress. All great changes take time and patience. More company wide meetings to give status of projects would be nice, maybe quarterly. 401K Match would be a great benefit.

Continue to listen to your support staff for ways to efficiently get things done in the company.

Nov 23, 2014chairman

god advice and we hope you will also keep sending ideas to the management which we can adopt.

Professional and collaborative team focused on every facet of the definition of success

Current Employee - Vice President Single Tenant Division in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President Single Tenant Division in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People at Encore ASK, LISTEN and WANT to HEAR what you have to SAY & CONTRIBUTE

Cons

Learning the systems and slowing the fast pace of today's business world to make researched, analyzed and de-risked project decisions.

I am too new to the organization for advise, today. I am not a shy person, so, I will update this section, soon.

Nov 23, 2014chairman

thank you and looking forward to more input and updated review from you.

Encore Enterprises Photos