Encore Wire

Updated February 12, 2015
2.5

Encore Wire President, CEO, and Director Daniel L. Jones
Daniel L. Jones

Eh.. Be prepared for no personal life

I have been working at Encore Wire

Pros

Extremely good pay and it's PER WEEK. i MAKE AROUND $648-$700 a week. i TYPICALLY MAKE LESS IN 2 WEEKS AT OTHER JOBS!! I mean realistically that's the only good thing about this job is pay.

Cons

Once you are in a position, you are stuck. Dead end position that has absolutely no priority nor importance within the position you hold. Be sure the position you ask for is what you want otherwise they will chunk you in the dogpile like some SS Hitler plantation and call it a day. NO WAY OUT AFTERWARDS. Getting transferred is worse than talking to an ATT rep. Be ready to be talked to like an idiot and be prepared for them to "pretend to help you".

Needs to stop treating and talking to employees like we are beneath you and start giving recognition to where its due. Treat us as you would want to be treated. Also need to shorten the babysitting a bunch, it does not take 2-3 months to come to work to do someone elses job while that employee plays on they phone all night making free money. I learned this equipment within a week and no how to fix what broke. We are not children, train us a couple weeks maybe 3, and let us loose so the employees who have been there for way longer can stop coming in and having fun on your expense while the new people work there butts off.

They want slaves not workers.

Former Employee - Unwind Operator in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Unwind Operator in McKinney, TX

I worked at Encore Wire

Pros

quit while I was still alive ,was the most happy when I left that fraking hole. no work life balance at all.

Cons

12 hour shifts no with no days off. I advise anyone I meet not to work there for any reason.

fire bad managers.

I worked at Encore Wire

Pros

Weekly pay, always overtime available, great benefits. They provide almost everything that you need from boots and lunchboxes to tools and Turkey or ham for the holidays.

Cons

They run 24/7 so be prepared for 12 hr shifts and 60hrs/week. If you're lucky you'll only work 8hr shifts.
    Almost everyone will treat you like you're not there until hired for full-time.

Advice to management, plant managers and supervisors. Get to know your workers a little better especially when it comes to new employees.

One of the worst companies I ever have worked for in my 45 years of working.

Former Employee - Warehouse Duties in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Duties in McKinney, TX

I worked at Encore Wire full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is no good reason for anyone to work for this company unless you get in on the salary job side.

Cons

Hot in air conditioned,cold little heat in warehouse,if you could not finish assigned orders in your 12 hour shift you were forced to stay and finish no matter how long it took.There was little benefits and small pay increases once hired.

Care a little more about the people who make this company a success.

Great place to start your career!

I have been working at Encore Wire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and lay back environment. Good benefits too.

Cons

I'd definitely say communication among departments... Not having procedures in place allows for lack of project coordination and inefficiencies.

Improve on communication procedures urgently, and put more emphasis on the people.

Quality Contol

Current Employee - Quality in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Quality in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Encore Wire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good location by the airport and a race trac store

Cons

They force you to work 60-80 hrs a wk. the schedule is day to day,so forget having plans.Your treated like a second class citizen by management so everybody is stressed and aggressive .

Great

I worked at Encore Wire

Pros

Encore is a very profitable company...they have never had layoffs, even in a down economy. They are growing at a nice rate and seem to be careful with their investments.

Cons

It seems to be somewhat of a good-ole-boy's club, when it comes to upper management. From what I heard it is difficult to break into upper management from within the company.

Your employees work hard to make your product for you. Give them raises and regular performance reviews. Also, in my opinion, if you are unhappy with someone's performance, you should constructively confront them about it before letting them go.

ok

I have been working at Encore Wire

Pros

some of the people who been there know what it use to be like. it use to feel like family

Cons

no reviews to supervisors unless asked for one

please look at some departsments and time employees have been here and give raises