Encore Wire

2.7

Encore Wire President, CEO, and Director Daniel L. Jones
Daniel L. Jones

I worked at Encore Wire

Pros

Weekly pay, always overtime available, great benefits. They provide almost everything that you need from boots and lunchboxes to tools and Turkey or ham for the holidays.

Cons

They run 24/7 so be prepared for 12 hr shifts and 60hrs/week. If you're lucky you'll only work 8hr shifts.
    Almost everyone will treat you like you're not there until hired for full-time.

Advice to management, plant managers and supervisors. Get to know your workers a little better especially when it comes to new employees.

One of the worst companies I ever have worked for in my 45 years of working.

Former Employee - Warehouse Duties in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Duties in McKinney, TX

I worked at Encore Wire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is no good reason for anyone to work for this company unless you get in on the salary job side.

Cons

Hot in air conditioned,cold little heat in warehouse,if you could not finish assigned orders in your 12 hour shift you were forced to stay and finish no matter how long it took.There was little benefits and small pay increases once hired.

Care a little more about the people who make this company a success.

Great place to start your career!

I have been working at Encore Wire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and lay back environment. Good benefits too.

Cons

I'd definitely say communication among departments... Not having procedures in place allows for lack of project coordination and inefficiencies.

Improve on communication procedures urgently, and put more emphasis on the people.

Quality Contol

Current Employee - Quality in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Quality in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Encore Wire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good location by the airport and a race trac store

Cons

They force you to work 60-80 hrs a wk. the schedule is day to day,so forget having plans.Your treated like a second class citizen by management so everybody is stressed and aggressive .

Great

I worked at Encore Wire

Pros

Encore is a very profitable company...they have never had layoffs, even in a down economy. They are growing at a nice rate and seem to be careful with their investments.

Cons

It seems to be somewhat of a good-ole-boy's club, when it comes to upper management. From what I heard it is difficult to break into upper management from within the company.

Your employees work hard to make your product for you. Give them raises and regular performance reviews. Also, in my opinion, if you are unhappy with someone's performance, you should constructively confront them about it before letting them go.

ok

I have been working at Encore Wire

Pros

some of the people who been there know what it use to be like. it use to feel like family

Cons

no reviews to supervisors unless asked for one

please look at some departsments and time employees have been here and give raises