Endeavor Air Reviews

Updated April 6, 2015
50 reviews filtered by
2.5
Ryan Gumm

Pros
  • Travel benefits (these are nothing compared to a main line carrier, but could be) (in 4 reviews)

• The flight benefits are great if you actually feel like getting back on a plane on your days off (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Company does not recognize flight attendants as people and will make you work long hours with little sleep (in 3 reviews)

• The flight benefits are just about useless, if that is your reason to work here (in 3 reviews)

1. Good experience builder.

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flight Benefits, company training, fairly easy work, direct management (foremans, leads etc...) fairly easy to get along with. Upper levels of management seems to be actively engaging in streamlining processes

Cons

Low pay (compared to other regional carriers) Lack of solid company handbook regarding traveling for business, Stores department is a mess. Maintenance planning is a mess. Seems to be set up for employee turnover every 4-5 years. But most of this is attributed it being two airlines that merged

Advice to Management

Keep working to iron out all the hitches in the inner workings. Don't be afraid to pay your people. Stop trying to hit all three points of the "good, cheap, fast" triangle

2. Starter Kit

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Endeavor Air

Pros

Ok flight benefits, ok vision

Cons

Pay sucks, health benefits too high, they put anybody in management

Advice to Management

Tighten up.

Flight Attendants are an afterthought with this company.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the flight benefits, independent work environment, working with the public. Always different cities and layovers and love the crews!!

Cons

Flight Attendants are not valued, appreciated, or respected. Contract is unilaterally broken and always the same issues over and over again. Management is not sincere in their attitudes to their employees and we are always on the back burner for any improvements. Management (Flight Attendant Managers, Base Managers and Operations Manager) should have to fly a minimum of 4 day trips once a quarter. This will help them keep in touch with what the Flight Attendants are doing on the line. They have no idea how Crew Scheduling works and treats the Flight Attendants. Different attitude between Flight Attendants and Pilots. Pilots ask and they get. Flight Attendants ask and they are denied the same request. Happens over and over again.

Advice to Management

Attitude towards Flight Attendants needs to change. We are part of the backbone of this company and need to be respected. FIX CREW SCHEDULING!! This dept is a mess. Flight Attendants waiting hours for hotels, reroutes all the time, no respect given and simple requests are denied. They don't know the contract and threaten Flight Attendants with all sorts of things. They need to remember that WE are their customers and should always speak to us like we are their customers. They show very little respect to us. Pilots on the other hand are the golden child. We are in this together. Crew scheduling should have to work our job at least once a year and they will understand how long a 14 hour day is without getting to eat until the 10th hour of a trip.

5. Love it!

Current Employee - Flight Attendant
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Endeavor Air

Pros

great co-workers, love the flight benefits, always new, never gets old

Cons

very long days, not enough pay, cannot support a family on this salary

Advice to Management

more communication needed

6. Good place to cut your teeth

Current Employee - A&P Hangar Mechanic in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - A&P Hangar Mechanic in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is manageable if you know how to budget
    Newer 900 fleet means less reliance on the work-intensive 200 fleet
    Company is going through a major overhaul since the rebranding, could be doing worse but things are on the up and up.

Cons

Don't expect to make 20/hr until you put 10 years or so in.
    It's a regional, things can and do get repetitive
    Fleet age and the meshing of newer and older planes into one maintenance schedule

Advice to Management

Bump the pay a bit to help the kids with loans and offer higher incentives for run/taxi qualifications at major airports such as DTW or MSP where traffic is heavy.

A great job, but a struggling company

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my position as a flight attendant and hoped to do it for the rest of my working days.

Cons

Flight attendants aren't important and management doesn't appreciate us.

Advice to Management

Treat your flight attendants as equals and not disposable robots.

In need of management...

Current Employee - MX Technician in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - MX Technician in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Three shifts to choose from and an array of days of to best fit your schedule.
    - Most of the MX staff is knowledgeable and has a drive to get aircraft out on time.
    - You can choose from Line MX Operations or Hanger MX operations most days and depending on shift.
    - Most of the Flight Crews and F/A Staff are friendly and appreciative of the work MX does day in and day out and lets you know it!
    - Management has created a MX Employee committee for addressing employee needs with MX.
    -900 Fleet is growing and will eventually transition to all 900 and 700

Cons

- Pay is not on par with workload.
    - There are MX employees who blatantly cause a disruption for those around them and have a poor attitude period and are just poison in the well to the rest of the employees around them.
    - Management will find ways to cut cost even if that means reneging on your employment contract as a direct hire.
    - MX equipment is old and out of date. Still holding onto old Mesaba Saab parts and tooling that does no good on the current 200 or 900 fleet.
    - General disorganization throughout the entire company. Parts and tooling are scattered between the Line MX and Hanger MX facility.
    - Few people respect the equipment the company provides so most of the stuff that is not new to this base is generally trashed. Including the daily use trucks and common areas.
    - Cannot seem to get rid of dead weight employees due to a strong good old boys club mentality.
    - 200 fleet is a MX heavy a/c and are aging fast.
    -There is minimal communication between MX Control, MX Tech Ops, and Dispatch so there is a constant scramble to keep up with flight when dispatch would like to swap.
    - There is still a Mesaba vs. Pinnacle mentality and is a constant nuisance for people who have never worked for either.

Advice to Management

- Get rid of the Good Ol' Boys Club mentality and get with the fact that you are not a unionized shop anymore.
    - The pay scale is not adequate at all for what you require from your employees.
    - Few people feel secure in their job and that we will even be here in 5 years as a company.
    - Treat all your employees the same not just Supervisors and above.
    - Get more involved with the mood of your company and find a way to right the ship before it sinks.

9. Good place to work

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is working towards becoming the best regional airline in the business. That in itself presents a opportunity and challenges. The company is focused on making this happen and has a sold senior management team to make it happen. The pay is average to above average for a regional airline. The benefits are good.

Cons

As with most regional airlines today, the organizational structure is "flat' with limited room for advancement. For those of us who would like to grow with the company as we progress in our careers, any openings or opportunities will be limited.

Advice to Management

Advancement opportunities are limited and are made more difficult when VP's select candidates based on old allegiances. In my area of influence,two choice job advancement opportunities were given to those who had a previous relationship with the VP. One job wasn't even put out as an internal opening. The other was advertised as an internal job but everyone knew who was going to be selected. Hire on qualification and not allegiances

Comair part 2. Shrinking fleet, no upgrades in sight, unable to keep current pilots or attract new ones.

Former Employee - Pilot in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Pilot in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Endeavor Air full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The 900s are nice airplanes. Mx is good.

Cons

With fleet size shrinking from 160+ to 81, upgrades are many years away. The integration of the three pilot groups made many folks angry. And then there is the concessionary contract.

My experience with Endeavor Air has been pleasant.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Endeavor Air

Pros

Flexible schedule, seniority improves quality of life

Cons

Bad weather affects work schedule

Advice to Management

Work the line to experience the challenges FAs have.

Endeavor Air Photos