Endeavor Reviews

CEO
1 Rating

Great place for 2-3 years

I have been working at Endeavor

Pros

Travel, exposure to interesting businesses, access to network

Cons

Mediocre pay, poor management, little room for promotions

Overall it was a great experience with a lot of changes.

Former Employee - In House Landman  in  Midland, TX
    Former Employee - In House Landman in Midland, TX

I worked at Endeavor full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I started there was a lot of flexibility in getting the job done in the manner that you saw fit. I was able to make my own decisions and wasn't micro managed.

Cons

There was a new land manager hired that micro manages every little detail which made the job less desirable and created a lot of stress in the office.

There needs to be a culture instituted where people feel comfortable and know where they stand with management.
    Training, expectancy and overall structure with in the land department.

Wonderful experience as a intern in the Endeavor Global Office

Former Employee - Endeavor Insight  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Endeavor Insight in New York, NY

I worked at Endeavor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Amazing team. Interesting projects. Great group of interns.

Cons

None that I can really think of.

Keep being wonderful.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic internship experience

Former Employee - Analyst, Insight  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst, Insight in New York, NY

I worked at Endeavor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-Young and energetic coworkers. Both paid staff and fellow interns are extremely bright and diverse

-Depending on team and project, work can be very interesting. Direct contact w/ c-level executives, vc firms, etc. Valuable work experience if you are seeking a career in entrepreneurship (ex. working at a start-up, some non-profit/NGO jobs, or even consulting)

-Increasing prestige and "brand recognition"

-New office is in a great location (Flatiron district); open concept and plenty of light

-Generally, hours are 9-6. Half days on Fridays during summer

-Overall mission of the organization is commendable. Great concept!

Cons

-Internships are generally unpaid and extremely unlikely to lead to job offer

-Certain projects can be tedious; unclear as to what you gain from working on the project as an unpaid intern

Work on "career opportunities" for interns. Since internship is unpaid and unlikely to lead to a job with Endeavor, career development opportunities are expected. Brown bag lunches with guest speakers and limited number of presentations on consulting and vc are nice, but networking opportunities, referrals, etc would be much more helpful.

Great Summer Internship

Former Employee - Insight Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Insight Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Endeavor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Endeavor's supervisors offered ample direction and assistance to us interns but never to the point of seeming overbearing. They really cared about our team of interns and tried to ensure that we all got along and enjoyed ourselves.

Cons

Sometimes the work proved repetitive but a lot of undergraduate summer internships involve this same type of monotonous work. As a non-profit organization, Endeavor cannot pay its interns, so I had to track down funding on my own.

Excellent exposure to entrepreneurship in emerging markets

Former Employee - ESG Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - ESG Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Endeavor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Clear hierarchy and friendly staff
    Exposure to a variety of industries and companies in a variety of regions
    Office is light-flooded

Cons

Very structured responsibilities. Little individual freedom in terms of work or contribution
    Organization has a tendency to be elitist and help elite entrepreneurs with many existing resources

Rejuvenated value proposition and less bureaucratic application process to attract entrepreneurs from fast-growth industries, especially tech

Energetic and collaborative office culture with a high-trust, results-focused internship structure

Former Employee - Insight Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Insight Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Endeavor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an intern, you're trusted with work that lies close to the core of the organization's mission and strategy. From the beginning, you'll find yourself in conversations (or actively pursuing conversations) with high-profile actors in the global entrepreneurship/economic development community, and you kind of carve your own niche of expertise through these conversations in a way that's personal and ultimately irreplaceable in the context of your project.

A lot of thought goes into your work before you step in, as well; supervisors place a great deal of work into making sure your work has a broad and lasting impact beyond your stay, and just as much thought goes into making sure you sense the value of your contribution. They also invest in your future career through a regular series of brown bag lunches and guest speakers who share their perspectives and advice on consulting, venture capital, etc.

The office atmosphere is great: the staff is multicultural, with the right balance of casual and often silly yet focused on achieving results.

Cons

Experience can vary greatly by project. I lucked out by being placed into one that was a (retrospectively) great fit and allowed the right balance of independence and guidance, but others felt that they were often left waiting for the next task to come around or were caught in a routine of more mundane errands.

The office also feels more than a little segmented. You get close to your division over your 10 weeks, but it's hard for someone on Insight to really know ESG, International Expansion, and Organizational Development outside of the brown bag lunch context. And CEO Linda Rottenberg is wonderful, but she's busy and elusive as it gets.

There's not much upward potential because of the size of the organization; as an intern, it's EXTREMELY unlikely that this will develop into a full-time position at the global branch. But with the organization expanding rapidly, this will probably improve - slightly at the New York office but moreso in the growing number of regional branches.

Dip your toe into entrepreneurship

Current Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Endeavor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Endeavor is THE name when it comes to High Impact Entrepreneurship. Although Endeavor is a non-profit it is very much run like a business. How many non-profits actually give bonuses?

The organization has a strong mission, phenomenal network, and global reach. It's a great place to work for anyone who loves entrepreneurship and travel. Benefits are generous with full health, dental, and matching up to 5% of your salary for your 403(b) plan. Endeavor is full of passionate and intelligent people. We celebrate birthdays and generally enjoy one another's company.

Cons

I don't have many negatives about working for Endeavor. They really do try and make it a special place to work. Endeavor could benefit from a stronger emphasis on HR, in particular with focusing more on the personal/professional growth of each employee.

Inspiring place to work with exceptionally talented, motivated, and intelligent coworkers.

Current Employee - Entrepreneur Services  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Entrepreneur Services in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Endeavor

Pros

Quality of team - I have been remarkably impressed by the intelligence and work ethic of the Endeavor Global team. It's a pleasure to work with such competent and reliable people.
    Global Scope - working at Endeavor you are exposed to over a dozen different markets and entrepreneurs across all industries.
    Leadership Exposure - working with Endeavor Entrepreneurs, board members, and Endeavor's global network of mentors and industry experts is a treat. A phenomenal learning opportunity.

Cons

Endeavor Global is small so it can be limiting from a growth perspective. That said, it's growing fast and there's definitely more opportunity today (in 2012) than there was in 2010 for example.

The leadership at Endeavor Global has made a great effort to improve communication and transparency within the organization and it's worked. One tip would be to better anticipate HR needs and plan strategically from a people and team perspective.

Endeavor is the MBA of your life

Former Employee - Entrepreneur Services  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Entrepreneur Services in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Endeavor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The employees are really good and engaged with the mission;
    Networking;
    Contact with different types of business

Cons

You work almost 24hr a

Endeavor Photos

Global HQ

+ Add Photo

Worked for Endeavor? Contribute to the Community!