Endo Pharmaceuticals

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rajiv De Silva

Pros
  • Good products, good executive leadership(in 4 reviews)

• Good place to work, relatively less department politics, great benefits and pay, good vacation package(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Generic compeition more downsizing - no marketing support, no managed care support, no DME for product re-launch its like working for Marie Antionette(in 4 reviews)

• Eventually the large pay-outs to executives and poor senior management planning and communication resulted in massive layoffs at the sales levels(in 3 reviews)

Once a great place to work.

Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIf you like you're sales manager(s), (which I did), this was a great place to work. Some of the best sales reps I have ever met worked here. Learned allot about pain management that helped me later in a new position.

ConsFear of layoffs............................constantly. Managed care is always a tricky issue. Nothing in the pipeline, everything has gone generic. When we became a "device" company the writing was on the wall for the pharmaceutical side.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat happened to our pipeline? :(

Recruiting

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, lots of potential for success.

ConsDysfunctional, reluctance to adhere to proven policy and procedure.

Advice to Senior ManagementShort term thinking is not going to get you where you want to be

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearned so much from my time here, worked with some amazing people. Gained alot.

ConsThere is little job opportunity at this time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Smaller version of Valeant Pharmaceuticals

Senior Director (Former Employee) Malvern, PA

ProsOpportunity to work with people from diverse Philly area Pharma companies. Generally pay well

ConsNew management team cares little about employee morale. Considers everyone replaceable, especially if they are highly experienced (read that as "highly paid")

Advice to Senior ManagementThis isn't Valeant and you will lose some good people with the callous attitude. BTW, Dave Holveck is no longer CEO, now is Rajiv De Silva.

Management

ProsShare price, surrounded by other slaves

ConsDictators run the company. Back stabbers, no work life balance, self centered management, take short cuts, you get the picture! Stay away from this Company...

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople, People, People are your assets. Try to be a human for a change and have some values...it's new management style.

would not wish this job on the devil

Operator (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsI can say this with more than confidence, there is nothing here!!!!!

ConsDOOOOO NOT! work here!!!! if you work here only thing you going to do is regret everyday that you got hired. This company is overrated can't believe this is pharmaceuticals industry. Packaging is the worse area to get hired in, bad management and rude line leads that think they can speak to you how ever they feel.

Advice to Senior Managementstop hiring children, and watch your mouth when talking to employees

Used to be a great company

Headquarters Staff (Former Employee) Malvern, PA

ProsWonderful people who work hard and care about patients and the company.

Consfinancial issues - new leadership team, new strategy, lots of change - some very good people have departed - less resources, less staff - people are afraid of being let go

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate, engage and inspire people. If you show that you care about the people they will move mountains for you.

Analytical Staff Scientist

Staff Scientist (Former Employee) Westbury, NY

ProsPeople friendly, great benefit and very good collaboration among groups attracts employee to work here. The first company I ever worked, who includes previous work experience and offer paid time off (PTO) based on total year of services.

ConsLack of communication / understanding between corporate level and managements of different sites. Needs to organize and plan efficiently for company growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should seek and evaluate suggestions from grass root level employee before taking any major decision. Management should also lift certain bar of qualification (degree) to retain some real brilliant, dedicated, innovative employee.

Awesome early-career IT Department experience, but culture was a problem

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chadds Ford, PA

ProsSalary, benefits, bonus and perks were great. Training and business improvement initiatives. Exposure to latest and greatest technology across operating units. Expertise of IT team. Valiant efforts at performance management. It's pharma, so generally a well-educated and motivated group.

ConsCliquey. JnJ/Centocor people had an exclusive vibe. Operational support burden made managing projects a stretch

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a close eye on young/new managers.

Mid-size pharma trying to grow its business

IM Lead (Former Employee) Chadds Ford, PA

ProsGood flexibility, good pay, good benfits

ConsLimited pipeline, not o a lot of original thought or direction in senior management

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand the pipeline and retain talented individuals instead of cutting positions. Trim fat by losing low contributors not just focusing on job roles.

Worked for Endo Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!