Endologix Reviews

3.2

John McDermott

Great Company - Really Happy here!

I have been working at Endologix full-time for more than a year

Pros

People - so much talent! Amazing team culture, fosters and rewards innovation, working hard to embrace change to keep pace with growth, hiring some great leaders and change agents to set us up for future, good benefits and more and more internal opportunities for growth and promotion.

Cons

Splitting personnell between 3 buildings is challenging, but will be resolved with move to new facility later this year.

Keep doing what you are doing now - identifying great talent and keeping senior management lean to allow talent aquisition and growth in the right areas of the business.

Long hours, no perks or recognition, CEO is a jerk in over his head, stock will tank

I have been working at Endologix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ESPP, health benefits, 3 weeks vacation (good luck using it), good regulatory and compliance department, sales department is strong

Cons

Clinical team is a joke and doesn't have a clue. CEO is an arrogant heartless man who is in over his head and lacks the experience and education to grow this company and the culture is very "boy's club only." Not one female on the board and only 3 women execs in the entire company. There are no perks at all. No casual Fridays, no team building, no free lunches. There is one Christmas party a year held in the parking lot for an hour and again, you can't wear jeans ever. There is no promotion from within unless you are in engineering. The products aren't that great and although they claim to be innovative, they lack the clinical experience to get anywhere and end up pulling back like they did with Ventana after killing people. In the last year, they have lost 5 members of their management team which directly has to deal with the CEO and his volatile nature. You will never hear "good job, or thank you." Ever. The CEO will talk about you behind your back and plays favorites and he is the cheapest man you will ever meet and will argue against giving you a proper merit adjustment or bonus, whatever he can say to validate you not getting paid. You will work nights and weekends and will be glued to your phone, so forget about having a family or going to your child's first dentist appointment or your own dentist appointment. Instead of producing quality products, they make faulty cheap products, hurt people, and then work on fixing the product. Take a job here to hope to make some money in the stock. You will be miserable for a few years but you might make some money. You will not get rich from the salary. Endologix is a company with no culture, no fun, and no soul. You will leave there exhausted and sucked completely dry and won't realize it until you are out of that place and free. I am not optimistic about the future of this company under this leadership team. The stock will continue to fall.

Get a new CEO or sell the company. The company will never make it with such horrible leadership.

Fantastic Company

I have been working at Endologix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Culture! I absolutely love working at Endologix. I have had my share of horrible companies but this one is different it actually cares about employees, our CEO is part of the team! great career growth and company is growing fast.

Cons

Company has had some growing pains but this is not unusual for a company that is growing so quickly.

Keep up with the great work

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging and fun company to work for!

I have been working at Endologix full-time for more than a year

Pros

growth opportunities, diverse and great group of people to work with

Cons

no complaints, great company to work for!

FANTASTIC COMPANY! FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES!!!

Current Employee - Program Development  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Program Development in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Endologix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Full product pipeline, Incredible growth in both employees and revenue over the last several years. Room for career advancement. Open-minded leadership, eager to implement new concepts and a collaborative team environment. Excellent Benefits Package!

Cons

Departments split between two buildings which can be a bit of an inconvenience, but we're consolidating most of our departments to a single building down the street in a few months!

Keep up the Great work! Be open to telecommuting for some positions.

No one is feels secure, the management team is the worst I've ever experienced

I have been working at Endologix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

hard to find any; there are few perks in this company

Cons

long hours; no recognition; poor culture; old boys school; lack of forward thinking management team; peer review is weak and is often more punitive in review than constructive;

Seriously get a grip on quality or Medtronic and Cook will eat you in their dust

Financially rewarding but no work life balance

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Endologix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good ESPP and stock continuing to rise. Start with 3 weeks of vacation and there is a good bonus program for all exempt employees. Work here until they get sold, make a ton of money and get out.

Cons

No work life balance. You will work more hours than you ever have and always be on call. Emails all weekend. Zero recognition. If you are a rockstar and aren't on the Exec Team forget about ever receiving a "good job." Zero promotions from within and zero career development. Nobody cares about who you are as a person.

Very top heavy, recognize your employees and sell already. Everyone is miserable here. Too many cooks in the kitchen in engineering and the clinical team is horrible and incompetent.

“Endologix is no longer a ideal place to work.”

I have been working at Endologix full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Endologix Inc. has a good benefit package as well a generous ESPP program. You can definitely learn a great deal. It is a good place to start, but not to stay.

Cons

Management seldom promotes from within. If it does, more often than not, it is promotion by association. Performances are recognized but hardly ever rewarded. Be careful of whom you talk to, as some of the mid to upper management folks are truly the worse human-beings I've ever met. Expect hostility on termination. DO NOT share any issue with HR as they are commonly known for breaching confidentiality agreement. Be sure to save and document everything or you will regret it.

Communicate and reward your employees accordingly, especially your non-exempts. You may find that they know more than you think; some may even have solutions to design issues that your engineers are unaware of.

Irvine area medical device

I have been working at Endologix

Pros

organized, average pay. stable. publicly traded

Cons

fast paced, high expectations, long work hours

Very challenging, but financially rewarding

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Endologix

Pros

Growth company, acquiring new technology, medical device market for Endovascular AAA increasing, company rewards performance

Cons

product has downsides, sizes are limited

I think they have done a good job on identifying new technologies and developing their products to meet the needs of their stakeholders.

Worked for Endologix? Contribute to the Community!