Endsleigh Insurance

Updated August 21, 2014
3.1

Endsleigh Insurance Managing Director Ian Passmore
Ian Passmore

My first full time job - will never forget my experience at EIS

Former Employee - Team Manager  in  Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I worked at Endsleigh Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The site itself is brilliant. Awesome grounds, big canteen, great deli, gym, fields, modern offices. Most offices are depressing, Endsleigh's wasn't. It actually felt good to drive into work. There is a young and fun dynamic to the company, making it an enjoyable atmosphere. The annual summer/xmas parties were always great too.

Cons

Notoriously low paying company.

Pay staff based on their skills, not their age.

Start here, don't end here.

Former Employee - Insurance Consultant/Administrator  in  Burnley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Insurance Consultant/Administrator in Burnley, England (UK)

I worked at Endsleigh Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gives you a foundation for the start of your insurance career, granted a lot of people end up here and think oh I won't work in insurance forever it is just a stop gap, as I did, now I underwrite for a Lloyds Syndicate so something went wrong there. If you have something about you, keep your head down, work hard, use your mind and ignore all the sales spiel, get some insurance knowledge and progress from there.

Cons

Very sales based, not very knowledge based. Constantly changing ideas and mantras which in the end mean nothing because you can't 'think customer' when you are blatently selling people cover you know that you can get cheaper at the click of a button and if they just cut their commission to retain customers.

Think about quality over quantity, and economies of scle, isn't it better to have a lot of customers paying a bit less than few paying top whack?

Fun but no rewards

I have been working at Endsleigh Insurance

Pros

Great coworker and management, making it a fun place to work

Cons

No bonus structure in place

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Uber, mega, dog crap

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Burnley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnley, England (UK)

I worked at Endsleigh Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

None, I wouldn't go back to work there for any money - I hated every single minute off it! If you have no conscience about ripping people off then you might be ok, otherwise stay away!

Cons

Where do I start, every moment I worked for them (just over 12 months btw) I was ripping ppl off, and felt terrible about it - on one phone call i refused to pitch mobile phone insurance to a 83 year old lady, who had already said she never used her landline phone, so a mobile was wasted on her, and got a massive telling off for it (all because I refused to try to sell insurance to an elderly lady who clearly didn't want or need it) On another occasion by coincidence I ended up calling someone who lived just round the corner from my mum, in a house I knew well, and spent 5 mins chatting to the customer building rapport, again got a reprimand for not following set guidelines - even tho at the start of the call he said he wasn't renewing due to a premium increase and I successfully persuaded him to stay with us. The company is sales driven, always focused on targets and not ppl, doesn't give an iota about the staff, and to put it bluntly a right old rip off - I wouldn't go back to work for them if you paid £200k a year. One to avoid!!!

Look after the staff more, and stop being so target driven. I felt I was constantly being asked to stretch my morals, and was ripping customers off. Always 'pitching' something else and in doing so keeping customers on the phone longer they or I wanted. Cut the jargon, and the drivel

Gave me a chance to gain experince

Former Employee - Insurance Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Insurance Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Endsleigh Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training, friendly and helpful employees.

Cons

Little room for progression in small branches

Thanks. keep up the good work

Very good company endsleigh

Current Employee - Sales  in  Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I have been working at Endsleigh Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, people, head office, location, diverse

Cons

salary, shifts, bonus, structure, opportunities

Hoping the going stays good...

Current Employee - Telesales  in  Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Telesales in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I have been working at Endsleigh Insurance

Pros

At head office: Subsidised canteen. Tennis courts. Free gym. 5 a side football pitch. Full football pitch. Company bar just closed :( Friendly atmosphere. Career advancement if you show you're willing and competent. Opportunities to get involved with new projects and schemes.

Cons

Just been taken over by Zurich - some doubt in workforce about long term future and job security (other Zurich acquisitions have been 'eaten' eg Eagle Star). Early signs not good, branch closures, hurried implementation of big changes to company structure causing confusion and poor service in some areas. Company bar closed very suddenly! Employee well-being giving way to big business?

As usual, communication is always very last minute. Employees not often given much advance information - kept in dark to keep them working until last minute of big changes. Reassurances can be followed by let-downs...

Endsleigh Insurance Photos

Endsleigh Insurance - St Marys Street (Photo thanks to Geograph user SJB, Some Rights Reserved)
Endsleigh Insurance (Photo thanks to Geograph user Andy Dolman, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo

Worked for Endsleigh Insurance? Contribute to the Community!