Endsleigh Insurance Reviews

2.8
Endsleigh Insurance Managing Director Ian Passmore
Ian Passmore

Disgusting

Former Employee - Telesales in Burnley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Telesales in Burnley, England (UK)

I worked at Endsleigh Insurance (More than a year)

Pros

Good Training, Great colleagues, Fun social side

Cons

Lying managers, All about profit, Training doesn't benefit you for progression, managers have no people skills

Advice to Management

I was constantly lied to by my manager about career progression. I would advise not exaggerating/lying to colleagues who are actually serious about career progression, it makes you bitter and reminds you that they don't have your best interests at heart. All they care about is meeting targets and getting profit.

Shocking, aweful, disgusting

Former Employee - Insurance Consultant in Burnley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Insurance Consultant in Burnley, England (UK)

I worked at Endsleigh Insurance

Pros

Colleagues - thank god for the people you work along side, otherwise you'd go insane. You make friends quickly there, and you'll stay friends for a long time.

Cons

Managers, pay, processes; all terrible. The managers don't care about their staff, it's all about the figures and the money. Have a problem? They don't care. They say they have your back, but lord they'll drop you in the mud as soon as they have a chance. How some of them are still employed, let alone managers is beyond me!!

Advice to Management

Pick your game up. Stop undermining your staff. Praise the positive rather than criticizing the negative. No one can sell everything, people have strengths - use them!!!

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Manager in Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I have been working at Endsleigh Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Environment, people and lack of hierarchy

Cons

No bonus below senior management Overcrowded parking

Advice to Management

There are some legacy managers that need to move on and for a young company, there is a lack of up to date technology...you need to be a leader in this field.

5. My first full time job - will never forget my experience at EIS

Former Employee - Team Manager in Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I worked at Endsleigh Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The site itself is brilliant. Awesome grounds, big canteen, great deli, gym, fields, modern offices. Most offices are depressing, Endsleigh's wasn't. It actually felt good to drive into work. There is a young and fun dynamic to the company, making it an enjoyable atmosphere. The annual summer/xmas parties were always great too.

Cons

Notoriously low paying company.

Advice to Management

Pay staff based on their skills, not their age.

6. Start here, don't end here.

Former Employee - Insurance Consultant/Administrator in Burnley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Insurance Consultant/Administrator in Burnley, England (UK)

I worked at Endsleigh Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gives you a foundation for the start of your insurance career, granted a lot of people end up here and think oh I won't work in insurance forever it is just a stop gap, as I did, now I underwrite for a Lloyds Syndicate so something went wrong there. If you have something about you, keep your head down, work hard, use your mind and ignore all the sales spiel, get some insurance knowledge and progress from there.

Cons

Very sales based, not very knowledge based. Constantly changing ideas and mantras which in the end mean nothing because you can't 'think customer' when you are blatently selling people cover you know that you can get cheaper at the click of a button and if they just cut their commission to retain customers.

Advice to Management

Think about quality over quantity, and economies of scle, isn't it better to have a lot of customers paying a bit less than few paying top whack?

7. Fun but no rewards

I have been working at Endsleigh Insurance

Pros

Great coworker and management, making it a fun place to work

Cons

No bonus structure in place

8. Uber, mega, dog crap

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnley, England (UK)

I worked at Endsleigh Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, I wouldn't go back to work there for any money - I hated every single minute off it! If you have no conscience about ripping people off then you might be ok, otherwise stay away!

Cons

Where do I start, every moment I worked for them (just over 12 months btw) I was ripping ppl off, and felt terrible about it - on one phone call i refused to pitch mobile phone insurance to a 83 year old lady, who had already said she never used her landline phone, so a mobile was wasted on her, and got a massive telling off for it (all because I refused to try to sell insurance to an elderly lady who clearly didn't want or need it) On another occasion by coincidence I ended up calling someone who lived just round the corner from my mum, in a house I knew well, and spent 5 mins chatting to the customer building rapport, again got a reprimand for not following set guidelines - even tho at the start of the call he said he wasn't renewing due to a premium increase and I successfully persuaded him to stay with us. The company is sales driven, always focused on targets and not ppl, doesn't give an iota about the staff, and to put it bluntly a right old rip off - I wouldn't go back to work for them if you paid £200k a year. One to avoid!!!

Advice to Management

Look after the staff more, and stop being so target driven. I felt I was constantly being asked to stretch my morals, and was ripping customers off. Always 'pitching' something else and in doing so keeping customers on the phone longer they or I wanted. Cut the jargon, and the drivel

9. Gave me a chance to gain experince

Former Employee - Insurance Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Insurance Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Endsleigh Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training, friendly and helpful employees.

Cons

Little room for progression in small branches

Advice to Management

Thanks. keep up the good work

10. Very good company endsleigh

Current Employee - Sales in Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I have been working at Endsleigh Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, people, head office, location, diverse

Cons

salary, shifts, bonus, structure, opportunities

11. Hoping the going stays good...

Current Employee - Telesales in Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Telesales in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I have been working at Endsleigh Insurance

Pros

At head office: Subsidised canteen. Tennis courts. Free gym. 5 a side football pitch. Full football pitch. Company bar just closed :( Friendly atmosphere. Career advancement if you show you're willing and competent. Opportunities to get involved with new projects and schemes.

Cons

Just been taken over by Zurich - some doubt in workforce about long term future and job security (other Zurich acquisitions have been 'eaten' eg Eagle Star). Early signs not good, branch closures, hurried implementation of big changes to company structure causing confusion and poor service in some areas. Company bar closed very suddenly! Employee well-being giving way to big business?

Advice to Management

As usual, communication is always very last minute. Employees not often given much advance information - kept in dark to keep them working until last minute of big changes. Reassurances can be followed by let-downs...

RSS Feed </> Embed