Endurance International Group Reviews

71 reviews filtered by
3.4
Endurance International Group CEO Hari Ravichandran
Hari Ravichandran

Pros
  • When we worked here it was awesome, good benefits, free food, a beer on Friday afternoon (in 6 reviews)

• Free lunch at the end of every month (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Good luck, you're really going to need it with a CEO like Hari (in 3 reviews)

• Too much emphasis on sales, not enough on tech support (in 2 reviews)

1. I am lucky to work here

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

work-life balance great.
    co-worker are excellent to work with.
    generous PTO and good medical benefits. 401k match- good

Cons

cannot think of any. the only may be no EEPS program.

2. Project Manager

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hardworking, intelligent people
    Benefits are good.

Cons

* With all our growth we are re-learning how to BE, how to communicate each other, and what is needed.
    * A lot of priority confusion

Care about your people. Listen to your people. Practice HIGH levels of integrity and don't let being a public company change what is golden about this company.

3. Greatness transformed into mediocre at best

Former Employee - Technical Support Tier I in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Tier I in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The organization is always on the move to grow and expand primarily through acquisitions, while always changes locally and corporate level. Opportunities do exist for advancement, but limited options in Phoenix area office. Perk wise, break rooms in office are quiet nice with food for sale, beverages, and games. Complimentary soda, coffee, and teas available in break rooms. Additionally the monthly lunch, weekly fruit Tuesday, and breakfast/snack Thursday. Decent benefits, UHC health and BCBS for dental plans are quiet nice, however it does consume a decent portion of payroll when viewed from purely the hourly scale. Lots of PTO, does have a cap per year as is standard, and can easily lose hours if not planning ahead to take days off in advance. Regular training on new products/services, however is hit or miss on overall effectiveness, but exposure to in advance is key here vs being informed by a customer to something new.

Cons

Compensation is mediocre at best for the amount of effort required on and average day. Hourly pay in 2015 however has increased, however this was due to a reallocation of payroll funding to better balance the payouts to the support floor. Position appears to be posed to be steering away from sales, as senior leadership made changes to put all support agents on a similar gross annual income by realigning payroll funding by decreasing commissions drastically at the expense of the top earners to cover the cost of increased base pay, meeting presenting this 4th quarter 2014 indicated 15%-20% less gross/yr was estimated for the majority of agents in 2015. From start of employment to end, commission payouts gradually dropped lower and lower, to currently less than a third of what was once possible for same sales total and ratio in nearly 2 years time to give perspective on what may be expected for those seeking insight into compensation as of current and historically. As for the quality of life on the call floor, it has slowly become difficult on senior and highly competent agents, especially their Tier 2 agents. As for work/life balance, I caution those with schedule concerns before applying, as they do shift bids, so best to not expect schedule to stick for any lengthy period and caution planning far in advance, as it can change a few months from start.

Change can be good, but when senior leadership is regularly leaving and top talents being chased off or terminated. Not a good thing in my opinion and something that should be concerning to management. Continue working out kinks from all the growth and acquisitions, but company is overall losing focus on its core values and fundamentals.

5. Fun, Challenging, Beneficial

Former Employee - Sales & Technical Support in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Sales & Technical Support in Centennial, CO

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was on the sales team in Colorado and we killed it so I made great money and enjoyed the many perks of hitting goal. Suhaib & Eugene were awesome supervisors and very approachable with any concerns. Office environment was fun and lively. The information and knowledge you learn in the job is very beneficial and can be applied to many aspects of your life. Great benefits including gym reimbursement, game room, pizza on snow days and numerous potlucks and BBQs.

Cons

It's a technology position so products were always changing, many times malfunctioning as well. Lots of angry customers to deal with during the transition. That was pretty difficult. You will probably gain weight while working here because of all the goodies but that's probably why we had the gym reimbursement.

6. Great Potential, but inconsistent vision.

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in Englewood, CO

I worked at Endurance International Group

Pros

Flexible Hours, competitive pay levels. Lots of freedom to manage your work. Good support from management. Great company atmosphere. Cooperation between departments. People held accountable for their behavior.

Cons

No room for career growth. Promotions determined more by who you knew instead of your skills. A lack of consistency when it came to the goals of the organization. Poor HR communication.

It would be best to establish a clear direction for the company, and stick to it, adapting as needed. Also, offer more opportunities for career growth.

7. Sales Consultant

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Lone Tree, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Extremely good work environment, fun job. At first the pay was pretty good. At first there was no micromanagement as long as you get your job done.

Cons

As time progressed the job changed. Managers stopped focusing on sales results and started worrying about talk time and other things that weren't really sales results.

8. Endurance International is a wonderful company to work for!

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Endurance International Group

Pros

I have been with Endurance International for almost 4 years now. I absolutely love this company and my fellow coworkers! It is like we are one big family. The management is the best, they really make sure you are confident in the products and most importantly yourself. I definitely recommend Endurance!!

Cons

I currently do not have any cons. Management is very approachable, so if you have an issue or concern you are more than welcome to discuss it with them.

9. Good Company

Former Employee - Account Manager - Outbound Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager - Outbound Sales in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working here it was a good company. If there was a dumb policy you could talk to anyone from your boss to a Senior VP and they were interested in changing it to be Customer focused. The pay was solid but not stellar but they did have a lot of little perks that i enjoyed. Such as free bagel breakfasts every Thursday and free lunch the first day of the month.

Cons

I was in sales and there wasn't a lot of room for growth. It seemed like my options were sell or sell more. Unlike tech there wasn't a real defined career path.

Great Growth Opportunity

Former Employee - Sales & Technical Support in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales & Technical Support in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Endurance International Group

Pros

EIG not only allows career growth but they encourage it! Executives really do have an open door and readily give credit where it's due!

Cons

In a saturated market employees need to maintain a disciplined self study program to properly support the customer base, not enough recurring technical training. Extreme focus on open source technology to support enterprise infrastructure has at times become a frustration for front line employees.

Keep up the good work. Don't forget the employees professional development.

Squandered potential

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

At least in the Burlington headquarters, the fully-stocked kitchen, daily lunches, semi-weekly massages, and overall office aesthetic are really cool.

Cons

It's a "technology" company run by your accountant parents offering web 1.0 and 2.0 "products" to small and medium businesses who don't know any better.

Internally, there's little value placed on innovation and the term "MVP" is often used and abused as an excuse for poor product. If there's no obvious ROI, there's no priority and little-to-no support from senior management. Everything takes a backseat to customer acquisition in order to replace the hoards of existing customers fleeing.

The organizational chart is riddled with upper and middle management bloat from all the mergers and acquisitions (one of EIG's primary business models), which means office bureaucracy is hard to navigate.

If you're looking for meaningful work for lasting, positive change, Endurance isn't for you. If you're content being a pampered laborer sending emails, pushing pixels, and crunching numbers, this is your dream company.

Look around: the wolves are at the door. Weebly, SquareSpace, Yola, and even an increasingly innovative GoDaddy are changing the web host/domain registration/site builder space while you're trying to rearrange the deckchairs on your sinking ship.

Jettison the middle management deadweight.

Put a priority on longer term product development, kick your heavy dependence on customer acquisition, and look to actually build long term value with your customers rather than run them off.

Pay off your enormous tech debt. It's a house of cards.

Endurance International Group Photos