Endurance International Group Reviews

Reset
3.1
Endurance International Group CEO Hari Ravichandran
Hari Ravichandran

Pros
  • Challenging opportunities, good benefits, friendly atmosphere (in 6 reviews)

• Great company perks, free lunch, team outings, good benefits, and casual atmosphere (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • If you just got offered a job here good luck (in 3 reviews)

• There was very little room for advancement in our location before the consolidation (in 2 reviews)

1. Account Manager

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

Great company, fantastic benefits, and a wonderful work environment.

Cons

Not all managers are on the same page.

2. technical support and sales representative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management , base pay and commission

Cons

I must enter 5 words for the cons but there were no cons working for EIG

3. tech support

Former Employee - BILLING/TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - BILLING/TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

had a nice game room, got bonus, insurance

Cons

after going public everything changed. wasnt like a family anymore, bonus dwendled

Advice to Management

go back to the standards in which started the business

5. PPC Manager

Current Employee - Ppc in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Ppc in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Endurance International Group

Pros

Opportunity for growth. I basically created my own position to get ahead within the company and the encouraged that. This, of course, is on the SEOgears side.

Cons

Constantly changing bonus structures. Middle management lacks of product knowledge. They say they do not micro-manage but I constantly have they too many cooks in the kitchen feeling.

Advice to Management

Truest more in your teams you pick. Communicate more with structural changes and become more transparent.

No Job Security and Severely Underpaid

I worked at Endurance International Group

Pros

Great Opportunity to further technical knowledge in the web hosting industry and gain experience at the cost of being underpaid. They also provide end of the month lunches, bagels or donuts on Thursdays, and have a decent breakroom with complementary coffee. Medical Benefits are great as well.

Cons

When I first started working at EIG at the Tempe Center it was an excellent place to work. There was plenty of opportunity for advancement and the commission structure for management/employees was great. However that changed over time and the commission structure was revamped numerous times with higher and higher goals to obtain in order to make a decent bonus. The goals that eventually were set were unobtainable and only the top 20% were able to bonus. When I state the goals were unobtainable it is due to the condition of the Tempe location as of current. It is hard to upsell services when customers wait an hour on hold and there continues to be issues with the Vdeck platform that can not be resolved over the phone. The morale of the center went from everyone coming to work with a smile on their face to the exact opposite. This is due to being severely understaffed and customers having to wait a minimum of an hour to get a hold of a representative. The Tempe location became a mass revolving door due to agents leaving or being fired for not being able to meet unobtainable goals. Agents were never coached appropriately to succeed as Team Managers never had time to conduct 1 on 1's appropriately. The root cause of this was due to the amount of escalations on the floor at all times. Escalations were the result of customers having to wait over an hour to get a hold of a representative or issues with the VDeck platform. The Vdeck platform seemed to become less stable when companies were migrated to it and a good portion of these issues were the result of a now flawed hosting system. I can not go in detail about the specifications of why these issues were present but they significantly impact the customers online business. They had every right to be upset due to these circumstances and those issues are still present today. The business model for EIG has opportunity for improvement. They acquire companies and attempt to migrate them to the VDECK interface. This causes numerous hosting issues and customers websites were down for months in some cases. Instead of migrating companies and laying off the entire support staff that worked for the specific brand that was acquired they should let the companies continue to run the way they were. It makes absolutely no sense from a business perspective to risk the majority of that brands customers to face numerous ongoing issues from migrating them to a flawed system. Instead keep them on a system that is stable and not lose a significant customer base. Lastly, I left the company due to seeing literally all management from the director position all the way down to team managers being let go. That raised a huge red flag for me and I felt no job security whatsoever. The change in management was due to the acquisition of homestead moving to the Tempe location and replacing all former Tempe Management.. All I will state is that these individuals that replaced former Management are not nearly as qualified and do not have an understanding of the Vdeck interface. I will not go into detail to keep this post as professional as possible but again these moves are not in the best interest for the company as a whole and do not follow Endurance's core values of integrity.

Advice to Management

The Burlington MA corporate headquarters location needs to take a hard long look at how the Tempe location is now managed and hold current management accountable. What happened to the weekly emails that went out from Hari recognizing everyone for there successes. That was extremely motivating for me and I think the core values that Endurance was founded upon are non existent at this time at the Tempe Location. I worked with diligence each day and worked countless hours of overtime for the company and it was really tough for me to leave the company after putting forth that amount of effort. Lastly, you must get staffed appropriately at the Tempe location and do whatever it takes to get the situation resolved there. The Tempe location should not be a revolving door anymore and take a step back to reevaluate the situation before moving forward. If it continues you risk losing a significant customer base and I don't want to see that happen. I hope this review does not fall on deft ears and is taken into consideration. Thank You.

Technical

Current Employee - Technical Sales Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Endurance International Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours and good benefits

Cons

Too many people get themselves fired.

Advice to Management

Keep momentum going with spiffs.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Endurance International Group (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working on the phone and helping customers

Cons

Slow at times and hard to sell services when they sign up for such a low cost

Abandon ship

Former Employee - Technical Support Tier II in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Tier II in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Endurance International Group

Pros

coworkers are awesome lots of room to move up do to high turn over.

Cons

turn over of employees, turn over of management up too 80 hour weeks little to no continuity no loyalty everything else

Advice to Management

can't keep management long enough to give advice to since going public. Execs are selling all their stock already.

10. EIEIO: Wrong People driving ship

Former Employee - Interim Finance Manager in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Interim Finance Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Endurance International Group

Pros

Basically good group of employees, the herd that accomplishes tasks to keep EIEIO running

Cons

Very unintelligent leaders. Need a mgmt shakeup. Just like piggies feeding and snorting at trough on a farm

Advice to Management

Mgmt should walk away before company fails under their unwatchful control

11. Work-Life Balance non existant

Former Employee - IT Support in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - IT Support in Spring, TX

I worked at Endurance International Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Pay. Nice side benefits in some locations such as catered lunch.

Cons

EIG growth model has caused upheaval in the formerly separate companies. The incorporated companies still have their previous identities and support models, causing much duplication and management woes. The IT organization is still in a growth period and there have been several technical minded people placed in middle management roles, without need.

Advice to Management

Trim the management structure and start marketing the Endurance brand name rather than keeping the multiple sub-company identities

RSS Feed </> Embed