Endurance International Group

79 reviews filtered by
3.2
Endurance International Group CEO Hari Ravichandran
Hari Ravichandran

Pros
  • When we worked here it was awesome, good benefits, free food, a beer on Friday afternoon (in 6 reviews)

• Free lunch at the end of every month (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Good luck, you're really going to need it with a CEO like Hari (in 3 reviews)

• Too much emphasis on sales, not enough on tech support (in 2 reviews)

1. I am lucky to work here

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work-life balance great.
    co-worker are excellent to work with.
    generous PTO and good medical benefits. 401k match- good

Cons

cannot think of any. the only may be no EEPS program.

2. Various

Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is easy to get hired on. They are open to letting you move between departments.

Cons

The commissions are very heavily weighted toward the top 5%. The other 95% can not make a livable wage. The base is only $13.00 an hour.

3. Technical Support

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has great potential for employee and customer satisfaction.

Cons

The direction of the companies growth is currently a blight on values of what once was.

5. Started out great

Current Employee - Technical Support Tier I in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support Tier I in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Endurance International Group

Pros

Salary Plus Commission, Great Schedule,

Cons

Micro Managed, Entrenched leadership, favoritism is evident

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the employees and not your pockets

6. Contractor - IT

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Burlington, MA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Burlington, MA

I worked at Endurance International Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people there were great...very friendly. There was a nice atmosphere and the company had catered lunches brought in every day.

Cons

The company was very un-forgiving when you didnt do your job right. Turn-over was very sudden and it was not unusual to see someone fired at the drop of a hat.

Advice to Management

Spend more time training and mentoring your employees. When a mistake is made (and let's face it... noone is perfect) take the time to use the mistake as a training tool to help them to improve themselves.

7. Grateful for my job, but not everyone will have my experience.

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really good health insurance
    Dedicated to open source
    401k match
    Free life insurance
    Good PTO policy

Cons

Management is all talk and no action
    Raises for salaried employees are extremely small
    Internal initiatives are geared towards increasing profit and disguised as customer focused.
    The "culture" of the company is to try make employees feel good by doing activities that are a waste of time and money. I rarely, rarely see the ping pong tables or air hockey table being used. They bought us Utah Jazz tickets, but the tickets were all in the highest rows possible.
    They manipulate you to participate in "healthy" activities in order to get good rates on the health insurance. The insurance is currently good, but every year it gets a little worse and a little more expensive.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees on the call center floor. They deal with the customers every single day. You can't possibly know what is going on with your tracking tools. They are not detailed enough. There is one employee that comes to mind. He has repeatedly come forward with ideas to improve support and management told him that it's not his job to that, his job is to answer phones. I feel like any other company would reward that kind of behavior.

Stop shipping half-baked products. Make sure it works.

The CEO recently talked in a video about making sure that all employees have a fair wage. Some of the call center employees are getting 12% raises, while managers and developers are getting 1% raises. I don't see how that's fair.

8. Sales is not the answer, service is.

I worked at Endurance International Group

Pros

Constant learning, progressive growing company, lots of opportunities for promotions, small waiting periods for benefits, great location for public transportation.

Cons

Awful sales software! Management is inept, lower tier agents are dispensable, sales is encourage to be pushed on all calls, upper level technicians are not efficient, quick turnover because agents are not supported, 30
    Minutes lunch periods.

Advice to Management

The general manager can't even log into the system or take calls, this gives you an idea as to who is running the company. Upper agents have great ideas that are rarely implemented because management just has little clue.

Please train your agents consistently with products and services and invest on your sales software.

Remember that a company who is unwilling to invest on its employees cannot expect its employees to invest in the company.

Company decision to make negative changes created High turnover. Lost many good people. The End.

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Endurance International Group

Pros

Can't think of any. Company could care less about customer super long hold times for tech support.

Cons

Company could care less about customers super long hold times for tech support. Company went downhill in all departments starting in 2013. They simply do not care for their employees. You Do not want to work here. Trust me. They recently fired lots of people to include upper management. That should speak volumes.

Advice to Management

Start actually caring about your employees and maybe, just maybe you'll be able to keep a few good ones.

10. Project Manager

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hardworking, intelligent people
    Benefits are good.

Cons

* With all our growth we are re-learning how to BE, how to communicate each other, and what is needed.
    * A lot of priority confusion

Advice to Management

Care about your people. Listen to your people. Practice HIGH levels of integrity and don't let being a public company change what is golden about this company.

Greatness transformed into mediocre at best

Former Employee - Technical Support Tier I in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Tier I in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The organization is always on the move to grow and expand primarily through acquisitions, while always changes locally and corporate level. Opportunities do exist for advancement, but limited options in Phoenix area office. Perk wise, break rooms in office are quiet nice with food for sale, beverages, and games. Complimentary soda, coffee, and teas available in break rooms. Additionally the monthly lunch, weekly fruit Tuesday, and breakfast/snack Thursday. Decent benefits, UHC health and BCBS for dental plans are quiet nice, however it does consume a decent portion of payroll when viewed from purely the hourly scale. Lots of PTO, does have a cap per year as is standard, and can easily lose hours if not planning ahead to take days off in advance. Regular training on new products/services, however is hit or miss on overall effectiveness, but exposure to in advance is key here vs being informed by a customer to something new.

Cons

Compensation is mediocre at best for the amount of effort required on and average day. Hourly pay in 2015 however has increased, however this was due to a reallocation of payroll funding to better balance the payouts to the support floor. Position appears to be posed to be steering away from sales, as senior leadership made changes to put all support agents on a similar gross annual income by realigning payroll funding by decreasing commissions drastically at the expense of the top earners to cover the cost of increased base pay, meeting presenting this 4th quarter 2014 indicated 15%-20% less gross/yr was estimated for the majority of agents in 2015. From start of employment to end, commission payouts gradually dropped lower and lower, to currently less than a third of what was once possible for same sales total and ratio in nearly 2 years time to give perspective on what may be expected for those seeking insight into compensation as of current and historically. As for the quality of life on the call floor, it has slowly become difficult on senior and highly competent agents, especially their Tier 2 agents. As for work/life balance, I caution those with schedule concerns before applying, as they do shift bids, so best to not expect schedule to stick for any lengthy period and caution planning far in advance, as it can change a few months from start.

Advice to Management

Change can be good, but when senior leadership is regularly leaving and top talents being chased off or terminated. Not a good thing in my opinion and something that should be concerning to management. Continue working out kinks from all the growth and acquisitions, but company is overall losing focus on its core values and fundamentals.

Endurance International Group Photos