Endurance Specialty

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Charman

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are great and the benefits are extremely good. There are always free snacks and drinks on hand in the kitchen. Management is supportive and flexible with scheduling and working remotely. The office is conveniently located near Grand Central in Midtown East.

ConsCubicle environment. No clear training program. IT has been disorganized in the past, though a new CIO is striving to clean everything up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication between various departments is needed. Our business is not suited to the current open cubicle floor plan.

Young company that is going through heavy changes to rediscover itself.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) White Plains, NY

Pros-Modern technology stack.
    -Relatively young, energetic staff with friendly managers.
    -White plains office is clean and located near Main st.
    -Outstanding benefits package along with office perks, summer hours.

Cons-Lack of accountability promotes blame game.
    -Structural reorganization happens more often than it should which contributes to the high turnover rate.
    -Favoritism plagues the company causing double standards amongst departments.
    -Commute to White plains office is a hassle if you don't live around there.

Advice to Senior Management-Review exit interviews to address the high turnover rate.

Good Experience

Business Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood Benefits, Salary, Work Place

ConsDirect managers/matrix managers don't have answer

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to the bottom of the facts

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsReally great work/life balance, rarely have I had to work on the weekend. Compensation package is solid. Other employees are generally nice, smart, and helpful. The company is well-regarded in the industry-at-large. Bureaucracy is not too taxing, with some additional effort you can take your own initiatives.

ConsSometimes the firm seems a bit "silo"-ed, making it difficult to work across teams, but management has made a significant effort to get global teams to share information. It is a bit of a conservative atmosphere that is not always the most fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to get global teams to share to advance new ideas and technology. Promote better communication across different business functions.

Horrible environment.

ProsThe benefits were good. Perks, such as snacks and soda were nice. Which will not probably last to long because they definitely do not value their employees well being.

ConsWhere to start, turnover, closing of offices and finger pointing. Probably worst experience in my career. Too much turmoil to speak of.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say value your employees more but I am sure that was already
    said and they didn't listen.

Too much turmoil, turnover, and transition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits; perks like snacks and free soda which is rare. People at the working levels want to get the right job done.

ConsWay too much negative politics which affects productivity. People are quick to blame others and slow to solve problems. Ongoing turnover and transition has people paralyzed.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a consistent message and follow through.

Great People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people and office environment

ConsUpper management changes need to be more transparent

Senior Business Analyst

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou do not need to work crazy hours. Lots of free snacks and drinks too. The commute is not too bad going into Manhattan

ConsThere have been a lot of management changes in the past six months or so and there is uncertainty and instability

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more to the staff regarding vision and tactical plans. There have been several iterations of unexpected terminations for cost cutting reasons. It has all the staff on edge wondering if there will be more reductions.

Solid experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost people are friendly and very open door. Good pay, nice little perks, lots of food. Upper management is very approachable. Company has strong prospects! Lots of independence, no baby sitting. Relaxed atmosphere.

ConsTransitioning senior management. Some practices are a little old fashioned, some people afraid of change or innovation, however, working to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange is good! A little less deliberation and more action!

A goog idea done all wrong.

IT Analyst (Former Employee) White Plains, NY

ProsFree food, relaxed atmospher, young staff.

ConsNo accountability. The definition of who you know, not what you know or how you do your job. Halo effect.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in a Mercer type company and find out what is wrong. Also, stop with all the late night ball throwing and antics. Ridiculous.

Worked for Endurance Specialty? Contribute to the Community!