Energy Conversion

Not yet rated.

Jay B. Knoll

Independent research and development

Engineer (Former Employee) Rochester Hills, MI

ProsAn absolutely wonderful place to work, highly educated staff and many interesting technologies.

ConsStruggling to keep campus like atmosphere during rapid expansion.

ECD struggling through difficult times

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rochester Hills, MI

ProsWhen business was growing, it was a great place to work. Tuition reimbursment, bonus plan and good benifits contributed to job satisfaction.

ConsIn emerging solar market, recent economic issues have forced major restructuring and lay offs. Internal communication was also poor. Advancement from within was very difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementInternal communication and professional development would improve employee satisfaction. The top heavy executive team, including recruiting exclusivly from outside the company made it difficult to respect the management team.

Highly recommended for R&D

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsR&D lab is filled with brilliant yet humble scientists and engineers (no inflated egos). They expect the best and trust that you can get the job done. There is lots of opportunity for learning new things and there is always an opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way.

ConsThe R&D lab is full of fascinating challenges. While these can be fun to work on, sometimes the lack of progress can be discouraging.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company continues its rapid growth, don't lose track of the fundamentals that make your company great. Your employees are your greatest asset.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, good industry, management getting better.

Administrative (Former Employee) Rochester Hills, MI

ProsECD is a pretty cool company because they are really stupid sometimes but they are in the right industry at the right time. I dont know why Stan was so good at science and bad at business but he was. Very bad. I think the new guy is a lot better for sure. The people are all very nice and I like how everyone gets along. The problem is that they are all old friends of Stans and not really suited to the roles they are in. The company basically has a few good people they found as consultants or Mark brought with him. They run it.

ConsBad management. They need to get rid of consultants. Just hire those people if they need them so bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to take advanate of the industry.

Worked for Energy Conversion? Contribute to the Community!