Energy One

Updated October 3, 2014
Updated October 3, 2014
3.7

CEO

The energy and team atmosphere is a great thing to be around. Very motivating and positive.

I have been working at Energy One part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, incentives, and opportunity to help homeowners improve their homes.

Cons

Have to keep confidence and a positive attitude since door to door sales can be challenging at times.

Keep up the help and support. It's appreciated.

My beginning to an incredible opportunity with my new employer.

I have been working at Energy One part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training has been very helpful, thorough, and enlightening. There is a great team in place to help me succeed! This is going to be a very exciting place to work!

Cons

I haven't ran into any cons as of yet. :)

I had a great time working at energy one in Austin

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Energy One part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere and energy of everyone is contagious. The managers are very motivating and inspiring everyday which always makes work a lot more fun. Life is hard and tiring enough so getting the opportunity to help people make their homes more beautiful and at a price that's reachable is so rewarding.

Cons

One con is that you may use quite a bit of your gas working here but everyone there is so willing to help and take turns.

Great ongoing training and essential part of my business skills development.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Energy One full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked with an assortment of people and we all worked as a team so that from the initial approach of a client to the client becoming a marketing home with Energy One they were in the best of hands. Energy One was a place of work but they provided a great atmosphere and positive reinforcement from the entire team.

Cons

During my time there we did go under some reconstruction of leadership and so that was a rough patch but that can be expected with any company. Also there was a lot of turnover in the sales position role but Energy One invested in the individuals that put forth the effort.

Having a smoother transition during the change in leadership would have been beneficial for everyone by being more direct and informative.

Energy One is a place where your co-workers are like family and you strive as a team to work hard and help people.

I have been working at Energy One part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy working at Energy One because I get to help people improve the way their homes look as well as save them precious money every month on their overall energy bill. I thoroughly enjoy helping people in any way I can, so if I can make money while I help people, all the better. One of the things that really interested me about the job in the first place was that its not straight commission. It's salary plus commission, so if you don't get a few appointments for the day, you still get paid, but the fact that you can make commission is just a bonus. There is no limit on how much you can make if you put the time in.

Cons

Door to door can be a tough business, especially when facing rejection a lot. But if you keep grinding at it, eventually somebody will be interested enough to buy. It's really a numbers game, but being a numbers game it can get discouraging when nobody talks to you or slams the door in your face, but overall, i'm still getting paid to be out there because it's not straight commission, it's salary as well.

Maybe could do a better job on area management. There have been a few times where i've knocked in the same neighborhoods that other reps have knocked in, and I feel like that is a waste of time. Also, the training could be updated with better things and the incentives could be a little better also.

Loved this Company (Professional, Successful, One Big Family)

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Energy One part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved my time with Energy One. Great pay for the hours. The training I received from the management is priceless, it is the main reason I got my current job. Loved the family feel in the office, the management there truly cares about your success, they will do whatever they can to help you succeed.

Cons

No Cons really, if I had to say anything, it would be related to the drive time of some of the areas I worked. That is out of the control of Energy One however and due to the time of day we worked not a big issue.

Keep doing what you are doing. There is a reason why Energy One is growing at the rate they are.

Door-to-door Scam - don't waste your time here

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Energy One part-time (more than an year)

Pros

salary, but not as much as they say
    easy hire
    potential to make good money, but is hardly ever reached

Cons

"flexible hours" are not really flexible
    management has no experience
    high turnover rate

focus on employee retention

Energy One Response

Mar 18, 2014Director of Human Resources

As with any sales/marketing position there is going to be turnover. We recognize this position is not for everyone. The intensive training we provide will assist any current or former employee in ... More

First class operation with knowledgeable and dedicated people.

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Energy One part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy the freedom to choose my hours and the pay is good for the time spent in the field. Energy One has a solid reputation and product that leaves customers extremely satisfied. This makes it easy to talk to potential customers.

Cons

The office is 45 minutes from where I live. No other downsides.

Thank you for the opportunity to work part time and set my own hours.

Lots of door-to-door sales experience

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Energy One part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility of hours, good training and a fun atmosphere. They try their best to make up for tough days in the field

Cons

Lots of turnover and mediocre pay. It's hard to get a grasp on what's going on when everyone quits or gets fired all the time

Stabilize your workforce

Terrible experience. The San Antonio location is a joke.

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Energy One full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The two sales directors are excellent. They are both great leaders and they really care about the company and their employees. They always try to help encourage the marketing coordinators to reach their goals. They are also starting to implement new incentives..happy hours, gift cards, ect.

Cons

The owner is terrible..a complete joke. He doesn't know how to run a business..he doesnt have any management experience. He uses threat and manipulation and has no idea how to motivate his employees. He is an arrogant person. The marketing coordinator position is a joke..the job postings online lie and make the position seem better than it is. This is DOOR TO DOOR selling. They will hire anybody!! They also lied about the salary...right after I accepted the job they lowered the salary because their coordinators weren't meeting their UNREALISTIC sales goals. If you promise someone in their interview that you will pay them a certain amount..you need to stick to it. You waste gas all day driving around and people slam the door in your face. I found this job to be very degrading.

Get a new owner! The two sales directors are better leaders than the actual boss