Energy Transfer Partners

Energy Transfer Partners Chairman and CEO Kelcy L. Warren

Kelcy L. Warren

Great place to work

Pipeline Technician (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIt is a fast paced company and growing very fast

ConsIt is growing so fast, it is challenging for the internal groups to keep up

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees like to know where they are going as an organization. They feel more part of the team if they are well informed.

This company has grown tremendously but has not built the foundation to absorp that growth.

Accountant (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsPay, laid back atmosphere and good benefits.

ConsLack of professionalism, no communication from managers or intradepartments, people without degrees and accounting degrees performing jobs they don't grasp, no corporate culture of valuing the employees as an asset.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above. Need to take a tremendous amount of leadership seminars.

Working at Energy Transfer was a great experience in a fast paced and rewarding industry.

Engineering Intern (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsA rapidly growing company with large projects and a healthy array of opportunities.

I worked with an extremely knowledgeable and helpful team. I would do anything to work in a positive, rewarding environment like that again.

Great engineering talent. My mentor and supervisors were extremely flexible, helpful and provided all the tools needed to get my job done.

I came in contact with a large amount of employees during my time at Energy Transfer and noticed a general trend. Employees here are willing to share information and give guidance on projects.

I was given the opportunity to attend seminars, lunch and learns, vendor training sessions, industry panels and networking opportunities. I met great people here and would definitely recommend this as a top place to work in Houston.

Downtown location is great.

Salary and Benefits are very competitive.

ConsAs with any large corporation there are challenges with working at ETC, but as far as I could tell the pros heavily outweigh the cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementA bulk of your work comes from a handful of hard working individuals, recognize them, give them feedback, it does wonders for people.

Practice open communication with your employees, it is key for employee morale.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's all down hill from here

ProsThe employees of ETC are wonderful people with great skills and a can-do attitude.

ConsEmployees made this company what it is today but are now tossed aside like yesterday's trash. Your IT and HR departments have fallen apart and now it appears that their job is to eat employees' souls for lunch. Try getting necessary staff positions filled, or give an employee a promotion. Its easier to thread a camel thru the eye of a needle.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember, you can have all the meetings you want but its the employees who get the work done. Reward them for their dedication, service, loyalty, long hours, travel, and time way from family. Fix what's broken and get back to being a place the employees want to be because they feel valued (instead of expendable).

Accounts Payable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHands- On learning.. Improved over all skills

ConsLet me go, as there was a company take-over

Family work environment at my business unit.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSalary is good, bonuses given in the past (after the last merge - unknown) .

ConsFew opportunities to grow, almost none in-house training programs, some areas need communication improvement with upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport employees that want to learn other business area(s) within the company.

Basic review

ProsGood opportunity for recent graduates, great people, no micromanagement

ConsNo cons, great company to work for

Advice to Senior ManagementNon, everything at this company is great

Too many changes

IT Department (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCompensation is good, there are some good people at the company as well. I do not think Energy Transfer is a bad company. However, the key is leadership that you have in your particular department and if management is not the best it brings the work environment down.

ConsMicromanagement, and new processes from merger has brought morale down. There is a charge to park in garage for new building downtown however park and ride participants get to ride the bus for free.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees more.

A decent company to work for but will limit your career.

IT- (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsI can honestly say, the overall majority of the people here are very pleasant to work with. They are very professional and very talented individuals. The work environment is laid back and they are very understanding when it comes to life outside of work

ConsUnless you're in the 'good old boy' network here, your career will never grow. Working here will only get you experience, not growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone to give, they won't listen.

My position was an Accounts Payable Clerk in SAP

Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIt was a comfortable environment, Even though I was a contract employee I was treated as a permanent employee, also it was positive working environment.

ConsI actually didn't have any bad times with Energy Transfer, they treated with nothing but kindness.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice that was given was my help with them transition from JD Edwards to SAP due to me having over 10yrs experience with SAP.

Worked for Energy Transfer Partners? Contribute to the Community!