Energy Transfer

Be The First To
Add Photos

Energy Transfer Chairman and CEO Kelcy L. Warren

Kelcy L. Warren

Working at Energy Transfer was a great experience in a fast paced and rewarding industry.

Engineering Intern (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Energy Transfer as an intern for more than a year

ProsA rapidly growing company with large projects and a healthy array of opportunities.

I worked with an extremely knowledgeable and helpful team. I would do anything to work in a positive, rewarding environment like that again.

Great engineering talent. My mentor and supervisors were extremely flexible, helpful and provided all the tools needed to get my job done.

I came in contact with a large amount of employees during my time at Energy Transfer and noticed a general trend. Employees here are willing to share information and give guidance on projects.

I was given the opportunity to attend seminars, lunch and learns, vendor training sessions, industry panels and networking opportunities. I met great people here and would definitely recommend this as a top place to work in Houston.

Downtown location is great.

Salary and Benefits are very competitive.

ConsAs with any large corporation there are challenges with working at ETC, but as far as I could tell the pros heavily outweigh the cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementA bulk of your work comes from a handful of hard working individuals, recognize them, give them feedback, it does wonders for people.

Practice open communication with your employees, it is key for employee morale.

It's all down hill from here

I have been working at Energy Transfer full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe employees of ETC are wonderful people with great skills and a can-do attitude.

ConsEmployees made this company what it is today but are now tossed aside like yesterday's trash. Your IT and HR departments have fallen apart and now it appears that their job is to eat employees' souls for lunch. Try getting necessary staff positions filled, or give an employee a promotion. Its easier to thread a camel thru the eye of a needle.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember, you can have all the meetings you want but its the employees who get the work done. Reward them for their dedication, service, loyalty, long hours, travel, and time way from family. Fix what's broken and get back to being a place the employees want to be because they feel valued (instead of expendable).

Accounts Payable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Energy Transfer

ProsHands- On learning.. Improved over all skills

ConsLet me go, as there was a company take-over

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Family work environment at my business unit.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Energy Transfer full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSalary is good, bonuses given in the past (after the last merge - unknown) .

ConsFew opportunities to grow, almost none in-house training programs, some areas need communication improvement with upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport employees that want to learn other business area(s) within the company.

Basic review

I have been working at Energy Transfer

ProsGood opportunity for recent graduates, great people, no micromanagement

ConsNo cons, great company to work for

Advice to Senior ManagementNon, everything at this company is great

Too many changes

IT Department (Current Employee)

I have been working at Energy Transfer full-time

ProsCompensation is good, there are some good people at the company as well. I do not think Energy Transfer is a bad company. However, the key is leadership that you have in your particular department and if management is not the best it brings the work environment down.

ConsMicromanagement, and new processes from merger has brought morale down. There is a charge to park in garage for new building downtown however park and ride participants get to ride the bus for free.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees more.

My position was an Accounts Payable Clerk in SAP

Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee)

I worked at Energy Transfer full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt was a comfortable environment, Even though I was a contract employee I was treated as a permanent employee, also it was positive working environment.

ConsI actually didn't have any bad times with Energy Transfer, they treated with nothing but kindness.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice that was given was my help with them transition from JD Edwards to SAP due to me having over 10yrs experience with SAP.

A decent company to work for but will limit your career.

IT- (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Energy Transfer full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI can honestly say, the overall majority of the people here are very pleasant to work with. They are very professional and very talented individuals. The work environment is laid back and they are very understanding when it comes to life outside of work

ConsUnless you're in the 'good old boy' network here, your career will never grow. Working here will only get you experience, not growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone to give, they won't listen.

Great company

I have been working at Energy Transfer

ProsGreat benefits, competent management, bonus structure, great culture.

ConsNot too many identifiable problems

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

IT Department - Grown into a beast of a company with a Cain and Able IT department.

IT - Engineer (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Energy Transfer full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company has been growing steady for years now. The issues that plagued the IT department with low budgets on inferior hardware was being fixed. The IT department was a good place to get your feet wet to learn and grow into a better technician. There were plans to revamp and build IT as an enterprise class department.

ConsIT went through a major restructure in the last integration of the company's it has purchased. With the restructure came new head management people were fired with in hours. IT was splintered between Energy Transfer legacy IT and the acquired company's IT. There is a wall between them that still has no been broken. Being on the legacy end will most likely result in loosing your job and being belittled. The acquired company's IT doesn't understand the infrastructure of what was built and no idea how to use the tools that they have taken control over. This has resulted in the end users having to deal with the pain and suffering of an inadequate IT department. The new management is focused on the idea of best practice to the point that it hinders them useless and system fail while they have meetings talking about the failing system.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have lost your core values in the company that was built and profitable. Taken on ALL the aspects of the acquired company is a mistake. Things can be learned from them but the principles of the company should not change. Replacing the people who built the company not just in IT is not the responsible thing to do.

Worked for Energy Transfer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Energy Transfer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Energy Transfer CEO Kelcy L. Warren. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Energy Transfer employees.