EnergySolutions

EnergySolutions CEO David Lockwood

David Lockwood

E and T Division

Engineer (Current Employee) Richland, WA

ProsGreat group of people working at the company. Smart, friendly, established engineers with experience in the nuclear industry.

ConsGood chance you could spend a majority of your time on one project. However, if you ask, they will try to move you around to different work within the office/area.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to improve relationship with employee continuing education or specified training.

Horrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI cannot think of any pros.

ConsThe upper management doesn't care about the employees. There are no trainings or meetings to discuss employee career path and expectations. The upper management only cares about making money for themselves.

Had very good conditions and materials to work with

Laborer (Former Employee) Zion, IL

Prosalways had work, always had good training and safe condtions

Conssecurity looks for ways to get rid of you,

Advice to Senior Managementthat when security tryes to let a people go with out having all the facts, thy shoould follow up,so now im looking for a lawyer so I can try to get my job back.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOnly good thing about this work hours as you get every other Friday off

ConsNo growth opportunity, no raise or bonus in the right way. You have to put in lot extra hours and there is compensation for time-off or any other. Senior Management does not value their employees, does communicate well with employees and always showing the false picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating employee as resources not as a cost entity. Have some time of feedback for Senior Management from the employees and you would know what employees think about the senior management. There is clear favoritism in this company and the recent data would indicate why young talent is leaving the company.

Does not feel stable

Engineer (Former Employee) Richland, WA

ProsOK benefits, friendly colleagues, interesting projects. The workplace had a good atmosphere and did a pretty good job with work-life balance.

ConsEverything changes every year: management, available benefits (including insurance carriers!), available work, CEO... Not very many opportunities to grow in the job. I'm not sure I like the long-term outlook of this company. They're way too focused on cost these days. Zero warning before I got laid off.

As a long time employee EnergySolutions I saw many changes in the upper levels of the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was good. Some days you just sat around doing nothing but getting paid.

ConsThe days were long. Priorities changed by the minute. Lack of communication

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what ALL the workers are saying. Remember they are the ones completeing the work.

Not Stable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richland, WA

ProsUse to be good place to work, with supportive managers.

ConsHas changed CEO's 3 times in last 4 years. Went from private, to public, and back to private in 4 years. Constant changes in organization structure. Lousy communication, no support system. Changed focus from client, project, and employee to strictly bottom line. Only concern seems to be any more is making the numbers so management can collect their bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach regarding establishing trust. Trust is not something you can gain by forcing your employees to sit through a speed of trust workshop. You need to stop over looking policy and procedures violations from upper management. Establish open and honest communication. Stop cleaning house of all your seasoned long term employees for cheap inexperienced ones just so you can look like you improved your bottom line to get your Bonus.

No opportunity for growth and management makes false promises.

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsI do not think there are any positive things to say.

ConsTop management to manager do not care about employee self development, they use employee's credential for bidding process but does not support employee to get professional certification or help them maintain their licences. No proper merit raise even if you put extra hours to meet dead lines, performance review system sucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to employee and have a proper plan for career advancement, do not force people to stay in the same job even though they are doing a great job. If there is no career advancement it would be difficult to retain talent. Have proper performance review system and merit raise should be based on performance.

Good work environment.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Oak Ridge, TN

ProsStarting a career and wanting some mentoring from experienced managers.

ConsTo many old school managers, which limits technology software use.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on core strengths and maximize training around those strengths.

Energy Solutions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oak Ridge, TN

ProsHas near monopoly in specialized highly regulated field offering relatively stable employment.

ConsDependant on nuclear industry and regulations imposed upon it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoard should ensure effective nepotisim policy is in place.

Worked for EnergySolutions? Contribute to the Community!