EnergySolutions

Add Photos

EnergySolutions CEO David Lockwood

David Lockwood

Nice people

Prosnice people and good work environment

Conslow salary, the salary is too low

E and T Division

Engineer (Current Employee) Richland, WA

ProsGreat group of people working at the company. Smart, friendly, established engineers with experience in the nuclear industry.

ConsGood chance you could spend a majority of your time on one project. However, if you ask, they will try to move you around to different work within the office/area.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to improve relationship with employee continuing education or specified training.

As a long time employee EnergySolutions I saw many changes in the upper levels of the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was good. Some days you just sat around doing nothing but getting paid.

ConsThe days were long. Priorities changed by the minute. Lack of communication

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what ALL the workers are saying. Remember they are the ones completeing the work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company, Great People

ProsThe people I work with are outstanding.

ConsSeveral jobs are given to a single person.

Does not feel stable

Engineer (Former Employee) Richland, WA

ProsOK benefits, friendly colleagues, interesting projects. The workplace had a good atmosphere and did a pretty good job with work-life balance.

ConsEverything changes every year: management, available benefits (including insurance carriers!), available work, CEO... Not very many opportunities to grow in the job. I'm not sure I like the long-term outlook of this company. They're way too focused on cost these days. Zero warning before I got laid off.

Lots of changes to Senior management

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsPay, Benefits, Vacation, Tuition Reimb

ConsA lot of instability, lack of good decision making, lack of plan implementation.

Overall a good company, however there are some managers who are rotten.

Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThey are a stable company with good salary and benefits.

ConsThey have had a confused mission over the last 5-6 years, and have made personnel decisions that are questionable at best. Running a landfill and trying to run a site with waste is a conflict of interest that is difficult to overcome. I have worked for management that was more focused on tasks than the people they needed to get the tasks completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI recommend the Fed. Services management get out and talk to their employees. You have lost work because you didn't. Take care of your people, and if you do, you will be more successful in taking care of the client. Letting good employees go, because it looks good to the client is shortsighted. The good employess will end up with your competitors, helping them win the work you lose.

Good work environment.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Oak Ridge, TN

ProsStarting a career and wanting some mentoring from experienced managers.

ConsTo many old school managers, which limits technology software use.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on core strengths and maximize training around those strengths.

Good place but with high employee turnover

ProsThe people are very nice, but you never seem to be given an opportunity to show your worth. If you do its seems as if no one is appreciative of the extra effort you put in.

ConsDo not think of interns highly and are very unlikely to ever give you a full time job offer,

Advice to Senior ManagementI think you talent management system is a good idea, but the need to focus on getting more contracts.

Energy Solutions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oak Ridge, TN

ProsHas near monopoly in specialized highly regulated field offering relatively stable employment.

ConsDependant on nuclear industry and regulations imposed upon it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoard should ensure effective nepotisim policy is in place.

Worked for EnergySolutions? Contribute to the Community!