EnergySolutions

David Lockwood

Horrible place to work

Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time

ProsI cannot think of any pros.

ConsThe upper management doesn't care about the employees. There are no trainings or meetings to discuss employee career path and expectations. The upper management only cares about making money for themselves.

Sr Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at EnergySolutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOnly good thing about this work hours as you get every other Friday off

ConsNo growth opportunity, no raise or bonus in the right way. You have to put in lot extra hours and there is compensation for time-off or any other. Senior Management does not value their employees, does communicate well with employees and always showing the false picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating employee as resources not as a cost entity. Have some time of feedback for Senior Management from the employees and you would know what employees think about the senior management. There is clear favoritism in this company and the recent data would indicate why young talent is leaving the company.

Not Stable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Richland, WA

I worked at EnergySolutions full-time for more than 10 years

ProsUse to be good place to work, with supportive managers.

ConsHas changed CEO's 3 times in last 4 years. Went from private, to public, and back to private in 4 years. Constant changes in organization structure. Lousy communication, no support system. Changed focus from client, project, and employee to strictly bottom line. Only concern seems to be any more is making the numbers so management can collect their bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach regarding establishing trust. Trust is not something you can gain by forcing your employees to sit through a speed of trust workshop. You need to stop over looking policy and procedures violations from upper management. Establish open and honest communication. Stop cleaning house of all your seasoned long term employees for cheap inexperienced ones just so you can look like you improved your bottom line to get your Bonus.

No opportunity for growth and management makes false promises.

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI do not think there are any positive things to say.

ConsTop management to manager do not care about employee self development, they use employee's credential for bidding process but does not support employee to get professional certification or help them maintain their licences. No proper merit raise even if you put extra hours to meet dead lines, performance review system sucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to employee and have a proper plan for career advancement, do not force people to stay in the same job even though they are doing a great job. If there is no career advancement it would be difficult to retain talent. Have proper performance review system and merit raise should be based on performance.

A sinking ship...

I have been working at EnergySolutions

ProsA lot of opportunities in various field within the nuclear industry. Many types of jobs at sites around the world.

ConsSenior management does not have a clue about competency vs. putting long-time, familiar employees in positions of responsibility, and it is taking down an entire division.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and see that insanity is expecting a different result when you put the same people in charge over and over, or even give them greater responsibility to demonstrate theiir incompetance.

Does not feel stable

Engineer (Former Employee)
Richland, WA

I worked at EnergySolutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOK benefits, friendly colleagues, interesting projects. The workplace had a good atmosphere and did a pretty good job with work-life balance.

ConsEverything changes every year: management, available benefits (including insurance carriers!), available work, CEO... Not very many opportunities to grow in the job. I'm not sure I like the long-term outlook of this company. They're way too focused on cost these days. Zero warning before I got laid off.

Lots of changes to Senior management

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time

ProsPay, Benefits, Vacation, Tuition Reimb

ConsA lot of instability, lack of good decision making, lack of plan implementation.

Overall a good company, however there are some managers who are rotten.

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at EnergySolutions

ProsThey are a stable company with good salary and benefits.

ConsThey have had a confused mission over the last 5-6 years, and have made personnel decisions that are questionable at best. Running a landfill and trying to run a site with waste is a conflict of interest that is difficult to overcome. I have worked for management that was more focused on tasks than the people they needed to get the tasks completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI recommend the Fed. Services management get out and talk to their employees. You have lost work because you didn't. Take care of your people, and if you do, you will be more successful in taking care of the client. Letting good employees go, because it looks good to the client is shortsighted. The good employess will end up with your competitors, helping them win the work you lose.

Good work environment.

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Oak Ridge, TN

I worked at EnergySolutions

ProsStarting a career and wanting some mentoring from experienced managers.

ConsTo many old school managers, which limits technology software use.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on core strengths and maximize training around those strengths.

Good place but with high employee turnover

I have been working at EnergySolutions

ProsThe people are very nice, but you never seem to be given an opportunity to show your worth. If you do its seems as if no one is appreciative of the extra effort you put in.

ConsDo not think of interns highly and are very unlikely to ever give you a full time job offer,

Advice to Senior ManagementI think you talent management system is a good idea, but the need to focus on getting more contracts.

Worked for EnergySolutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EnergySolutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EnergySolutions CEO David Lockwood. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by EnergySolutions employees.