Engage121 Reviews

Updated July 9, 2014
Updated July 9, 2014
2.6

Jon Victor

decent core product but company is overall a dismal environment to work in every day

I have been working at Engage121 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the tech team and the ceo worked hard on the core platform and product and accomplished a lot in a short amount of time. They tried hard to be innovative.

Cons

it is a horrible working environment. A lot of 'walking on eggshells' around the office. If you are one of the favored ones you got better treatment but still I saw one of the so called favorites get fired after 5 years of loyalty for one minor mistake. the company is very cheap too and everything $ wise is scrutinized. I agree with the one review above about 80s style boiler room sales tactics.

lighten up on your employees and update your management style to better reflect this decade.

Better opportunities exist

Former Employee - Client Service  in  Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Client Service in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Engage121 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some very nice and smart staff. At the time it was a good place to learn social media. If you live in the area it is a convenient location.

Cons

Very high turnover for such a small company. People are not leaving because they are not capable. They leave for better growth opportunities with a real chance for financial reward.

A lot of self praise goes on which makes it hard to understand the competitive marketplace.

Also not a start up - has been around for a long time. Recommend researching the history before joining. Senior management has no knowledge of how to manage people. Agree with review above that it is an unprofessional and dismal environment.

Take some classes on how to manage people.

A good fit for the right person

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Engage121 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The group that is employed now at Engage121 is a solid team that enjoys working together. Many co-workers go above and beyond, and are rewarded for their efforts. Others, who are good workers but in the wrong role are often re-assigned to a more fitting role, not terminated.

Sometimes the hours are long, and the job is very demanding, which I like. If I didn't, I would work in a small company environment, especially one that has a "start-up" feel.

The CEO demands perfection. I have the same expectation of my peers, and hope they have that of me as well. At the same time, the CEO is quite fair. It is not uncommon for people to receive raises out of the blue for going above and beyond.

The company is fiscally conservative, which really means that we don't waste money like big companies or those overfunded by investors. Therefore, we don't have to answer to those investors. But when a product or process works, there is plenty of money and support to be thrown at it.

Cons

The downside is the hiring practices are not refined. That has lead to some turnover as well as the hiring of people who are incapable of doing their job. On the bright side, these mistakes are recognized quickly by the candidate or employer and dealt with appropriately.

More open communication is always helpful. The CEO can be very inspiring, and that is infectious.

Refine the hiring process.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The First Job Offer You will WANT to Turn Down.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Engage121 full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are very few pro's when it comes to E121. The E121 product, to a degree, is the strongest attribute of the company. Candidates, clients and investors beware.

Cons

The management is abusive with no regard or respect for its employees. ZERO moral where everyone literally counts the hours until 5pm. I have never worked at a company where I actually cared what time it was because I was enjoying my job. Sales management is lost. The company s is everything short of social. Collaboration is essentially frowned upon. Runs a boiler room type environment that is only good for timeshare telesales. The place is a mess.

I literally called unemployment after DAY 1 to see if I would still be eligible to receive benefits. Had I been eligible I would have quit DAY 2. No exaggeration.

Look at your peers in the industry. It is evident that culturally you are caught up in an 80's boiler room type environment. Respect those who work for you and attempt to keep the abusive behavior to a minimum.

Glad not to be there.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Engage121

Pros

A decent training ground to see if you like working in the social media space.

Cons

The managment is bad on all levels.

Need to improve overall morale.

Worked for Engage121? Contribute to the Community!