Engage121 Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
17 reviews filtered by
2.1
Jon Victor

As a new employee I was almost scared away by negative reviews. Then I walked through the door to start my first day :-)

Current Employee - Client Services in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Client Services in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Engage121 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company does what it says it will do when it says it will do it.
    Upper management has a customer-focued mentality. This means that the best ideas surface and are implemented.
    Team is diverse, but cohesive.
    Lunch provided a couple times a week, breakfast on Fridays, and tea/coffee in the break room.

Cons

I've been looking for them and so far nothing to note. If there were, I'm sure management would take time to consider it (they have an open door policy and suggestion box in the break room).

Being a smaller company, you really need to be trained in a few areas outside of your "title" and you might even change positions on the fly. This doesn't mean you are doing a bad job, it might just mean that you are better suited in another place within the company.
    Advice: If you want to have control over your workday, work here. If you prefer to work with blinders around your eyes and maybe kick your feet up on a desk you would probably prefer a larger corporate environment.

Nothing that jumps on to the page.

Dynamic. Nimble. Customer focused. Occasionally chaotic.

Current Employee - Vice President in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Vice President in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Engage121 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Customer is king. Unified vision. Smart people that are passionate about the mission. Bias for action. Ability to accomplish in 3 days what takes a large public company 3 months.

Cons

Dynamic nature means frequent shifts in priorities. But hey, it's a customer focused software company so it is to be expected.

Keep hiring smart, focused, driven experienced people to help lead the charge.

3. Great environment to work.

I have been working at Engage121 (more than 5 years)

Pros

I recently learned of this website and thought I'd come over to see what people were saying about my company. I was really surprised to see that so many were unhappy here. While I haven't been here as long as most, I have never experienced anything but professional behavior from everyone, including the CEO.

Cons

I suspect these negative comments were written by current and ex employees who didn't get their way and chose to lash out anonymously...how childish. Also, most of what is written is either exaggerated or completely wrong.

I couldn't be happier here. This is a small company. The CEO has passion and commitment. He is always available to his employees. Most of the employees have been here between 5 and 15 years. How bad could it be?

5. Think before you join

I worked at Engage121 full-time

Pros

Some nice, hard-working junior staff. Plenty of parking.

Cons

Wish I had known about this site when I was leaving another good job to join this company. That is the only reason I am writing this review to save someone else from making a mistake.

Like a hamster on a wheel you will toil away but never get anywhere. This pretty much sums up this company too as there is no real vision or strategy but lots of effort is made every day by some nice people. Lots of big talk of "someday" while the competition cruises by. Just think, you could be somewhere else where someday actually comes true.

As for free lunch and coffee, I could have cared less about that or the other trappings (redoing the office etc.) much rather buy my own lunch and work really hard for a company with a strong outlook, energy and chance of financially rewarding its employees in a meaningful way. When I was there most employees left after realizing they were wasting their time.

As for CEO passion mentioned in other reviews, unfortunately passion does not translate into knowledge, competency or capability. There is a lack of understanding of modern business practices and how to run a company and motivate staff today (not 30 years ago).

The environment is awful...took me some time to realize just how bad. Made me wonder if the employees knew that this was NOT normal even at small companies. Belittling people...screaming, backstabbing...you name it. An overall attitude that staff were not trusted to work hard...paranoia... Silly small company stuff goes on too like nepotism.

Could go on but I think you get the picture. Hopefully this helps you make a good decision

Not sure any advice is going to help...study other companies to learn how they are run may be starting point. Stop preaching and start learning.

If you value yourself and your time DO NOT WORK HERE.

I have been working at Engage121 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely no positives to working here.

Cons

There are no opportunities to grow both financially or professionally. Most people end up being demoted and forced to quit. Very depressing place to work. People are treated like children, not adults. You are expected to sit at your desk and not speak to anyone. Don't even think of bringing an idea to the table, you will be laughed at and belittled. Overall abusive environment.

Wake up and realize that the reason people quit is because it is not an even decent place to work.

Do not work here

I have been working at Engage121 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no positive things about working here besides free coffee and lunch a few days a week.

Cons

CEO is abusive and condescending. The rest of management is incompetent. There is no respect for anyone. It is a very depressing environment to work with. You are expected to sit at your desk and be quiet. Voicing your opinion or ideas is discouraged.

Start treating people with respect. This company will never be close to successful without it.

Stay Far Away

I have been working at Engage121 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free coffee. Free lunches. Besides that there are no positive things about working here.

Cons

Abusive management. No morale. Product breaks constantly. No respect for employees. Uncomfortable and depressing environment. No opportunity to move up. Treats employees and clients like stupid children.

Treat people with dignity and respect

An Astounding Amount of Incompetence

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Engage121 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance is good. Benefits are ok. Compensation is ok.

Cons

- The expectations are unrealistic:

Sales goals are set too high without allowing for ramp-up.

- Unorganized and unstructured:

The job description and interview promissed a steady amount of new leads per month. This fact was crucial for inside sales reps to achieve their monthly targeted. Not only was this promisse not delivered, the company launched into a desperate attemp to penetrate markets that weren't previously tested, while still holding reps accoutable to the same monthly targets

Motivate your team and treat them with respect. Deliver on your promisses or don't promisse. Always plan and organize ahead of time.

Worst place I've ever worked

I worked at Engage121

Pros

None none none none none (5 word min here)

Cons

CEO and sales manger used bully tactics to motivate the team. Everyone walked on eggshells. High turnover

Lighten up and join the new Millenium in management style

never a boring moment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Engage121 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get free lunches twice a week and there's lots of coffee.

Cons

Where should i begin? first off, if you plan on taking time off, you honestly really better enjoy it with the few days that you do get off. benefits are not that great as they claim. no employee morale at all - if "senior management" (if youd call it that) cant even tell that, then you should not be running a business. software is always breaking. no management what so ever; if you're a favorite you'll get to watch movies and leave early while on a salaried pay check. if you're not a favorite, you will get treated poorly and like you don't know what you're doing. no career advancement - dont even bother wearing nice clothes to work, because they let the favorites wear gym sneakers and sweatshirts. they hire people who cant even type an email without grammatical errors. one big joke.

Take your blinders off, wake up! stop focusing on the beer keg and do work. the keg probably gets more attention than our clients do. focus on your employee morale and your clients.