EngagePoint Reviews

1.8
Pradeep Goel

1. Overall Positive experience

I worked at EngagePoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is very good, and there is unlimited PTO. I disagree with some of the comments that no one was allowed to take PTO, I was a lead on the project for nearly two years, and assisted in approving time off. In my experience and observation, this benefit was highly utilized and very much appreciated. I also disagree that there is no communication from management. I received input from my managers and from the original solutions delivery manager on a regular basis. Overall, I was paid well, compensated well, and treated well,

Cons

I think if we had better managed the size of our releases we would have done a better job with our processes, and best practices. We should have been able to communicate better to our client the need for more incremental releases. Some of the releases just got too large. Also I would say that the non-US citizen employees could have received some orientation about business norms/practices in the US, the lack of which could make it challenging at times if you were female, but overall it was positive and a good experience.

Advice to Management

Manage the expectations a little better, and try to get the size of releases to a more manageable state. Adopt a document management and versioning tool, and a doc management team to help implement processes, procedures and best practices. Utilize a test case management tool so that test metrics can be reported by another means than excel. Choose good tools that fit the organization and build those into best practices and make those best practices required by all employees.

2. Worst place I have ever worked

I worked at EngagePoint full-time

Pros

Some people try hard and are very nice Note: I gave everything 1 star - because there isn't an option for 0 stars...

Cons

CEO has no idea what he is doing CEO is running the company into the ground and blaming everyone else for his faults CEO surrounds himself with everyone who will say "yes" to everything he says and if you say "no" you are OUT

Advice to Management

OWN UP - when someone offers you a recommendation to do something different - maybe give it a try -- might have some better luck! And try saying NO to the CEO... He can't possibly fire everyone -- or then again, he might!

3. Dreams

I worked at EngagePoint

Pros

Not able to think of any

Cons

No strategy or executive leadership Long work hours No employee reports

5. One of the WORST management I have ever seen

I worked at EngagePoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is the benefit of unlimited PTO and the pay was good...which is a positive but that's about all I can say concerning them.

Cons

The management isn't on "point" with anything. They don't have processes to guide them through how to make their business successful nor do they communicate with their employees properly. They continue to hire people in spite of them doing poorly. The senior management is a COMPLETE joke with their daily fully paid lunches for those who work in offices and they can't even make payroll!!. DON'T COME WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!! All of the Human Resources staff even walked out on them. Now, THAT's a darn shame.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like life is good and buy lunches for the people who really count...the employees. They know that you're not pulling your weight. Get some protocols put in place, move to a smaller office and keep your employees engaged on what the truth really is.

6. Don't do it!

I worked at EngagePoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many of the support staff are very nice to work with. We did have some perks, like yogurts,sodas etc in the break room. Health Insurance was 100% paid by the company and they contributed to their HSA.

Cons

There is no work life balance. They do not appreciate their employee's. The CEO has severe mood swings and the rest of the executive team has to put up with it. It makes for a very hostile workplace. Additionally there is little chance of promotion. They are constantly restructuring their admin staff and unless you kiss the CEO's butt your not going to get anywhere in the company. The turnover rate is high because of these things, so employees are not valued but viewed as disposable.

Advice to Management

Make a plan and stick to it. Be more transparent in your decisions and treat your staff better. People work hard for you because they believe in the company, you should treat them with respect.

Poor Corporate Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson City, MO

I have been working at EngagePoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leading edge technology for assisting States with ACA Implementations and system integrations

Cons

Poor corporate management. Get is done now with little or no documentation makes it hard to figure out problems and deliver quality product

Are they even still in business?

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Jefferson City, MO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Jefferson City, MO

I worked at EngagePoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is good, but the previous reviewer not entirely correct about bonuses. Regular employees and middle managers did not get bonuses, but apparently executives and senior managers got theirs.

Cons

No communication, total closed door policy, nothing but lies from senior management, sensitive HR issues are managed by the office administrator, upper managers promise deliverables with arbitrary dates and then expect employees to work non stop to meet the dates, actual emails were sent wanting 14 hour days. Layoffs occur every 3 to 4 months where company just jettisons about 20-25% of the contractors and starts again

Advice to Management

Senior management is so diconnected from the reality of the actual projects, they breeze into town, eat out, attend meetings with other executives and expect to be waited on hand and foot, but what they should really do is have a conversation or two with the folks at the front, maybe getting out of that ivory tower where you fly into town, march straight to the swankiest office, close the door and have your meals delivered would be a good thing, your highnesses.

Want to learn what NOT to do? Join EngagePoint!

Former Employee - Manager in Jefferson City, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Jefferson City, MO

I worked at EngagePoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only thing gained from working here other than relationships with colleagues was learning what NOT to do if you want to be successful in an system integration/implementation.

Cons

I have never seen such incredible lack of communication, unprofessionalism and bold lies given in my entire professional career. The corporate objective was never aligned with the project objectives, and senior managers were running around making decisions without actually talking to their mid-managers to get the necessary information first. Senior management would over promise, not give enough resources, then try to hold everyone accountable for dates made up in their head. There was never any clear direction, and the poor managers were told to direct their teams to do one thing one day then completely change it the next day. There was an incredible lack of senior management's ability to manage the client, their expectations, and also a lack of empathy for delivering what the client actually wanted regardless of input from the people actually doing the work. Bonuses were never paid, lies were continuously told, and the only communication that occurred was behind shut doors with the other senior managers who still managed not to be able to effectively communicate even with each other. They couldn't even establish and put processes in place, and when line managers tried, they did not support them.

Advice to Management

Learn the basics of business. People, process, product. Good senior managers don't remove themselves from establishing and fostering relationships with their staff. Open, honest transparent managers are much more respected. Also, usually there was only one female manager in a completely male dominated leadership team. Stop being a good ole' boys club - it is the year 2015!

10. If you like mismanagement and no work/life balance

I worked at EngagePoint

Pros

Unlimited PTO (which they still track apparently). Crappy coffee. If you make friends with the right people, you get to be on the executive lunch order.

Cons

EngagePoint memorizes your schedule and asks you to work late whenever you have something you're excited about. The mismanagement of the company and the project offices should be criminal. Execs order lunch for themselves every single day, to the tune of nearly $200. Every single one of them has an Apple Thunderbolt monitor, some have two. Thats a whole person's salary in monitors for people who don't need them.

Advice to Management

Reign in the tyrant Mr. Goel. And also make sure he can't just fire people who disagree with him. STOP JUST REACTING TO THINGS. MAKE A PLAN AND THINK AHEAD.

Horrible work environment

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at EngagePoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent at best

Cons

Horrible work environment. Long hours Management has a lack of structure... constantly has people going in and out of the company They are trying too hard to stay on top of things but they end up losing their contracts a lot. Been an employee with them for 2 years

Advice to Management

Might want to tell people whats going on with the company. Do not lie at your town meetings Management constantly says they are doing good but the reality is that the company is going under and had tons of lay offs.

RSS Feed </> Embed