Enghouse Interactive

2.3
Stephen Sadler

1. Happy Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have read some of these reviews lately and I have to wonder if these people work for the same company I do. I have always felt empowered to make a difference. Environment is flexible and friendly. My opinions and contributions have always been valued. There has consistently been merit increases every year since I have worked here, even during the recession years when other companies were cutting back salaries.

Cons

Over the last 5 years, the office culture has diminished. I still value my work but the "air" in the office is not as electric as it once was. There is not as much teamwork and sense of overall purpose in the company. Strong leadership would easily turn this around.

2. Great place to work and grow professionally

I have been working at Enghouse Interactive full-time

Pros

Great place to work!!!!! Enghouse is a global company that values its employees and offers lots of opportunities for both personal and professional growth. I've been working at Enghouse for a few years now and came from one of their acquired companies, best career decision I made was to stay with Enghouse after the acquisition. During my time here I have dealt with many managers from different areas of our global organization that are extremely smart and professional, I learned a lot and continue to learn from them every single day. Both executive and senior management are always available to listen and advise when necessary. The company is financially stable and grows mostly through acquisition which makes for a diverse mix of additional opportunities for advancement.

Cons

There seems to be some competition vs. team work between the same departments in differing regions of the world. There is not enough cooperation amongst the business unit siloes. Benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Break down the siloes and grow Enghouse as ONE team.

Great Contact Center Software Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Financially rock solid, dynamic, competitive, global software company. Competitive salaries, reasonable benefits. I've worked for Enghouse for many years in different capacities and am very excited for the future of the organization. Enghouse regularly acquires companies around the global in desirable markets in its industry. The technical challenges are great and I feel like I produce valued output.

Cons

Enghouse is a distributed organization with employees in various offices and remote locations, which make it difficult to have face to face conversations and team gatherings. Some elements of the organization are not yet as integrated as they could be.

5. Lead Accounts Receivable Specialist

Current Employee - Lead Accounts Receivable Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Accounts Receivable Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Enghouse Interactive

Pros

Casual atmosphere, flexible hours. Great co-workers. There is no micro-management. The A/R team is actually team oriented and the office is a fun environment. The work is interesting and never boring.

Cons

Benefits could be a little better

6. Excellent Cooling in the summer and Heating in the winter. Check does not bounce

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging but Most of the Time Relax atmosphere with occasional incensing micro management. Excellent Cooling in the summer and Heating in the winter. Check does not bounce. Good place to be for someone who is starting off, or about to get laid off and needs a steady gig, or is in the twilight years of once career.

Cons

Pay more out of your pocket health non managerial employee benefits (70/30, up to 400 a pay check, 40 dollar co pay, No matching 401k,) probably because main branch is in Canada who already have socialize healthcare.

Advice to Management

Need to get pass '08 recession model thinking. Need to give better benefits. Value Employee that have been with company for a long time.

Worst company ever

Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Enghouse Interactive full-time

Pros

free snacks, casual environment, some good people, ability to work remotely sometimes, although they're taking that away, so actually there's not really that many pros.

Cons

Management is horrible. They micromanage but don't know exactly what they're doing or the products they're selling. Processes are absolutely unrealistic and the President of the Channels team is oblivious to how poorly his management team runs things. When you file a complaint with HR, they will try to manipulate the situation. There's no growth and no trust within the company. There's no work/life balance, and the benefits are horrible: 2 weeks of vacation, no 401K match, and health benefits are not the greatest.

Advice to Management

get an entirely new management team!! take a look at how terrible your management team is and why they are the reason that drive your hardest workers out!!

Run!

I have been working at Enghouse Interactive

Pros

None, not even decent benefits

Cons

"Managers" are buddies with some which makes for a strange dynamic. These people need to go back to business school. NO leadership, they don't seem to understand the line between employee and manager. No trust of their employees and extremely cheap, but seem to pay a lot in overtime for unnecessary employees . Don't understand the concept of valuable assets ie: their employees.

Advice to Management

Just because you slap a title on someone doesn't mean they know how to do the job. worst and most unprofessional company I have EVER worked for!

Office Manager and Executive Assistant

Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No micromanaging, flexible schedule, fun environment.

Cons

No management or leadership, poor compensation, did not value their employees

Advice to Management

Need a leader in the office, there is no upper-level management to interact with the employees.

Going down

Former Employee - Project Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, talented, dedicated, smart and hard-working. Company's culture was at some point great, but then it declined sharply. Company offers some flexibility.

Cons

The benefits were ok up until a few years ago, when the company was acquired by another acquisition company. At that point, almost all the benefits disappeared completly (health insurance, 401(k), the little perks in the office). Career growth is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Simply put - change the management as they are clearly incompetent. Sales are down, people are leaving or considering leaving in great numbers. When some critical people leave, there will be no one to build the product and there will be nothing to sell.

Warning!

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any pros except that in a bad job market its a great place to hide. As long as you don't question the managers, don't voice your opinions or concern and don't try to do the right thing, your job is safe. Best place if you just want to quietly work. I came in through one of the acquisitions and feel kinda stuck.

Cons

Manage by fear. highly stressful situation, severely underpaid, no bonus, no stock options, no performance review, no raises - and its a public company? How is that even possible. Many haven't even heard of the company. It won't help to have Enghouse Interactive on your resume. I'd rather be unemployed.

RSS Feed </> Embed