Engility Reviews

Reset
3.4
Engility President & CEO Tony Smeraglinolo
Tony Smeraglinolo

Pros
  • The busy-bee workers are all great people (in 5 reviews)

• When the company was still with L-3/MPRI is was a great company to work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • First thing Engility management was to take away 401k matching (in 8 reviews)

• No 401K match, little opportunity for training (in 7 reviews)

Current employee at Engility/Alexandria in Recruitment- love it.

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Engility full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team is very supportive and hard-working. Everyone pitches in to help each other to make our deadlines and submit winning compliant proposals to USAID and we have fun & respect each other while doing so!

Cons

Many of us wish we were still located in the Washington DC office. We make the most of Braddock Road though and have cozied up to the space. It's a nice building which helps. A lot of us still bike to work and there is a bike rack in the garage. Free gym in the building is also great to take advantage of.

Advice to Management

Leadership training was fantastic I hope that it is continuing! Also grateful that we brought the 401K back!!

Difficult place to work - constant layoffs

Former Employee - Analyst in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Engility

Pros

Convienant location at Braddock Metro

Cons

Before it became Engility, was an awesome company as MPRI. Focused on employee happiness and teamwork. Now, not at all. Financially driven, constant layoffs. I left happy to get out of there.

Advice to Management

Value your people over the bottom dollar.

Be Careful

Former Employee - Director, International Business Development in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Engility full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some really great guys there - - especially the former MPRI team, plus some of the Operations Managers and PMs

Cons

CEO is completely clueless and immoral. Ethics is a joke. Corporate BD "leadership" is a joke....shallow people with no vision...and no character.

Advice to Management

Fire the Executive BD staff....promote best Director-level guys to take over.

5. Most aggressive company in the market when it comes to trying to be competitive in tough market

Current Employee - Director in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Engility full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management mindset that the first rule of being an "employer of choice" is to continue to be an employer. Doing everything they can to retain and win new jobs in a tough market. Love the values of the company (customer focus, differentiated, servant leadership, and earned trust) and believe the management really tries to lead using these values. Very good effort to communicate to employees with transparency. Leading consolidation in the industry through acquisitions.

Cons

Changing strategies and organization structure quickly (trying to be agile) but creates some disruption and change fatigue. Previously had lots of work in Iraq and Afghanistan and that creates challenges (business shrinking) as that work goes away. Very lean infrastructure means that there is little slack so high are expectations all the time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It will pay off when the government starts awarding programs again. Keep making acquisitions and integrating them into the company so we can get new customers and expand our offerings. Adding technical discriminators to lowest cost provider positioning will help us win both LPTA and best value work in the future

6. It is definitely dog eat dog and management promotes that.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Engility full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it's a job is the best I can say

Cons

No guidence from management at any level because folks are more concern with keep their jobs

Advice to Management

Tell the truth so that employees can make an informed decision

Stay Away

Former Employee - Buyer in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Buyer in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Engility full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When the company was still with L-3/MPRI is was a great company to work for.

Cons

Management, salary, they took away the benefits/ 401K matching, always in turmoil.

8. Stay away

Former Employee - Deputy Program Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Deputy Program Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Engility full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not run by people who have a good business background. Friends put friends in positions. Those in lower positions are better suited for upper management. They are having current employees interview for their jobs. Layoffs will be coming at the end of the month. Current CEO cutting the the bare bone. Employees are on edge.

Cons

Was L3 MPRI. At one point had the best reputation in the industry until greed and placing of the wrong people in key positions took over.

Advice to Management

Clean house. The biggest waste of money is the business development department. They are paid the highest salaries and don't generate any business.

RSS Feed </> Embed