Engility

Updated October 30, 2014
Updated October 30, 2014

Engility President & CEO Tony Smeraglinolo
Tony Smeraglinolo

Pros
  • The busy-bee workers are all great people (in 5 reviews)

• When the company was still with L-3/MPRI is was a great company to work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • First thing Engility management was to take away 401k matching (in 8 reviews)

• No raises, bonus', no 401K match and refuse to negotiate on benefits, leave etc (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Senior Systems Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Charleston, SC

I worked at Engility full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has great benefits and flexible work hours.

Cons

Since the company is fairly new, it is in the process of constant re-organization and bosses seem to change every 6 months.

Great teammates, but the company does not support its employees to the fullest

I have been working at Engility full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very professional employees, good work environment

Cons

Not the best compensation packages, low IRA matching, very confusing benefits center, corporate does not always have the employees best interest in mind.

Cant Complain

Current Employee - Accountant in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Engility as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

So Far so Good I don't have any complains. I have seen how they allow individuals grow and try new things and move to other department in the company and in that aspect we are all very happy. I like to excel in all I do and they allow me to do just that. Its still a young company and it will take a little while for them to settle down and mature. five years from now it will be amazing.

Cons

There is nothing I can complain about. just all the co-workers that like to whine....and whine some more.

Work harder to maintain the Employee moral on a higher Level. A happy employee is an employee that work happier, Produce more, live happier and is physically and mentally happier.

Very hands-on project approach

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Engility as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Interns are involved within their project team and tackling real projects. Gained valuable knowledge and overall had a positive experience during the internship.

Cons

Sometimes felt a little distant from the supervising manager during the internship.

Average employer.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Engility full-time

Pros

Office culture is fairly laid back and friendly.

Cons

Benefits were reduced, time off was reduced. 401k matching was cut. Raises have been on hold for a couple of years. Cut office manager, duties were distributed around office.

fulfilling

Former Employee - Senior Prncipal Engineer in Lexington Park, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Prncipal Engineer in Lexington Park, MD

I worked at Engility full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People that work at the Lexington Park location are fantastic

Cons

Since L-3 Communications spun off the Engility group into its own company, the management seems to be inconsistent finding opportunities for the work force.

Keep closer contact with those who the company is supporting at the Patuxent River and St Indigoes facilities, Keep them confident in the work force and get them to provide more work for the group to perform.

Mixed feelings about this company

I have been working at Engility full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lean so great job experience. My manager is great, the people are great to get along with.

Cons

Lean so over worked. No pay increase last year interested in seeing what this year brings.

Positive experience.

I worked at Engility (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work to life balance. Benefits were on line with other companies. Not a lot of upward mobility.

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with employees. HR took forever to answer a question or did not get to you.

Poor opportunities for employees of bought out company

Current Employee - Senior Staff Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Analyst

I have been working at Engility full-time (more than an year)

Pros

About the only pro that I can find is that my work location hasn't changed since my company was bought out in January.

Cons

Engility has a motto of "One Engility". While this is catchy, it really means that the employees that came from a company that was bought out by Engility get stuck with the same policies and poor compensation and benefits that legacy Engility employees have. One perk I received when hired by my legacy organization was more vacation than the standard policy. Now that I am getting transitioned into Engility, I am losing a week of vacation time. Management has been silent to inquiries other than to say that we are "One Engility".

Other benefits are much worse that my legacy organization. I'll end up paying nearly 4K more in medical premiums next year because of the changes on top of my high deductible. When I sent inquiries, I received no response from HR or management and the one interaction I had with HR in a webinar I was told that it was inappropriate to discuss premiums at this time and that if I had concerns I should go to my management and relay the concerns up the chain.

The CEO has said that if there are concerns they could be sent to him personally but so far, I have received no acknowledgement that my questions were ever received, let alone replied to.

This company might be OK if you can negotiate up front for a salary that will help pay for benefit costs but I've found no recourse as an employee of the bought out company. I pretty much have to live with what I've been given or go find something else.

Pay attention to your employees. Sure we are in a difficult environment with government contracting but you are nothing without your employees and if you won't listen to their concerns, they you are no better than anybody else except what maybe you can bid for on a contract.

If you say you are going to do something, do it. Don't say that if you have concerns contact us and then never respond. Communication is the life blood of an organization and poor communication breeds mistrust and misconceptions. If you want your employees to understand why you are doing something, please tell us.

While "One Engility" is a great tag line, remember that your decisions impact real people. 4K increase in benefit costs for an employee isn't very sustainable. I work to support my family, and if I can't do that working for you, I'll go somewhere else.

Had a great internship experience, everyone was very helpful and nice.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer

I worked at Engility as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great boss, everyone was happy to answer questions and help out.

Cons

did not have an in depth view of the client site where many employees worked