England Logistics Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Jason Beardall

Pros
  • Those on the floor are a hard working group of people who are very talented at what they do (in 8 reviews)

• You work with some great people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • England expects the senior account managers to do their job with no help or support (in 10 reviews)

• They shouldn't start "grading" you on your quota until you've had a few months to build your book of business (in 4 reviews)

Exceptional culture!

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

I enjoy working in a competitive empowering environment. I've been privileged too work with many who represent all departments here at corporate. England Logistics has provided that for me. The company encourages personal growth and the mentoring I have received has given me the opportunity to advance professionally. The working atmosphere is dedicated to competitive performance at the same time attracts a family environment. You love working with the people you do. Exceptional people to work for and with! Its enjoyable to watch within the marketplace our growth along with National and International brands.

Cons

The phrase (cons) is not a phrase I personally would use. The realty is, the opportunity within England Logistics requires and attracts individuals who are self motivated, exemplify great confidence in their abilities and performance while succeeding in a team fostered movement. That individual thrives in a healthy competitive relationship building opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep the existing open doors active in providing synergy and progressive opportunities for success. It's working!

Opportunities Abound

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for England Logistics for over 5 years and have performed in a number of different capacities. As a company that has always enjoyed incredible growth rates despite economic conditions, and is just generally progressive in nature, the opportunities for professional growth are nearly unlimited. It seems weekly, but realistically more like monthly, announcements for new opportunities are circulated as divisions are expanding and adding new roles. Many, many individuals have cut their teeth on their first management positions at EL as a result of hard work, drive and ambition. Cross divisional transfers are also very common as employees spread their wings and learn about different divisions in the company ultimately enriching their knowledge and furthering promotion opportunities.

Cons

England Logistics isn't for you if you don't take pride in your work, aren't willing to come in and work hard every day, and embrace the support and guidance available and offered by your peers and supervisors. It can definitely be a tough place to work as the company is very metrics driven and always in touch with individual and overall performance. Success is celebrated and when things aren't going as well as planned, coaching and supporting is readily available.

Advice to Management

EL moves very quickly and is always self assessing in order to course correct where needed and continue accelerating where appropriate. Don't leave your employees in the dark about these initiatives. We work with the most amazing people that have great ideas and aspirations for the future. They'd love to participate in the entire ride.

Great culture

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

England Logistics has the best corporate culture of any company I have been around. The company is very helpful in giving you the best chance to succeed while fostering personal growth. Great people work there and great management team.

Cons

Promotions may be hard to come by with little opportunity. Sometimes very stressful and busy work environment that is under staffed at times.

Great Place to Succeed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at England Logistics for just under two years and have found it to have extensive opportunities. England has improved a lot since my hire date. The company is engaging more and more in employee satisfaction/ retention while continuing to achieve new levels of success.

Cons

The logistics industry is a grind, it is not for everyone. Freight never stops moving and work is always needing to be done.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees, enact change, and care about their well being. That is how we win at being a business.

Great people. Great company.

Current Employee - Capacity Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Capacity Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Transparency is a plus.

Cons

Health insurance is pretty expensive.

Stretching and Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

England Logistics stretches their people in developing their strengths, addressing their weaknesses and overall achieving their full potential. Like anything worthwhile in life growth and success at EL is hard work. But it is also rewarding, both financially and non-financially. Great people to work with and leadership that is open to feedback and committed to improving.

Cons

Benefit plan(s) are solid, but comparatively expensive for the employees. (But I understand that this is even being looked into.)

Advice to Management

Keep engaging the people in making it better, company wide, at the division level and within each individual team. Don't leave any area evaluated.

Good

Pros

Good coworkers Focus on developing employees as individuals and give all the needed tools for success. The work hours are great and there is room to move up. Pay carries by performance

Cons

The health insurance is extremely expensive and the other benefits are not that great. There is a high turnover rate as it is a job that measures results and not everyone can handle that.

9. Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

The people I work with everyday make coming to work easy. I have some of the best support staff and managers around me to make me successful.

Cons

LTL has more problems and added fees than everywhere else in the company. Account managers are held to the same standard as others in other divisions who can make lots more money.

Advice to Management

Revamp your "ramp schedule" and make it so the tenured employees don't end up with everything going back to the house.

10. Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Tazewell, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Tazewell, TN

I worked at England Logistics (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and great Bonuses

Cons

Very political environment due to the small town

Customer Service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Tazewell, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Tazewell, TN

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly staff. A decent place to work in a small town. Management is easy to work with and communicate with.

Cons

Very High paced work flow. A very high stress environment, sometimes so busy you cant even take a break.

RSS Feed </> Embed