England Logistics Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Jason Beardall

Pros
  • Those on the floor are a hard working group of people who are very talented at what they do (in 8 reviews)

• You work with some great people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • England expects the senior account managers to do their job with no help or support (in 10 reviews)

• They shouldn't start "grading" you on your quota until you've had a few months to build your book of business (in 4 reviews)

Good Place to Work

Former Employee - After Hours Account Manager Support
    Former Employee - After Hours Account Manager Support

I worked at England Logistics

Pros

Solid company culture, reasonable bosses

Cons

Some less than stellar co-workers

Employee

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are great

Cons

Nepotism, low salaries for the grunts, feels like big brother is always watching with cameras every where. Random drug testing. Management thinks they are too good for the grunts. Fake and back stabbing. It is a circle of same stuff always coming back after saying things will change. Drinking on lunch.

Advice to Management

Let the Managers manage. *president has his hands in everything when he has managers to do it. Bad idea because he is not an expert. That is what the managers are for. It really affects a lot.

England Logistics

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager (Fuel) in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager (Fuel) in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love being apart of the E.L. team. The last 14 months have truly been full of career-enhancing experiences. I have been able to surround myself with amazing talent that has truly made me a better professional and person. I feel like I am being refined every day in sales techniques and becoming a future leader. I am impressed at how our President, Jason Beardall has been involved in every level of our company. What other president plays "Wiffle" baseball with his employees during an annual Summer Games? That is the culture here at E.L., and why it is easy to want to work hard and be successful.

Cons

Could you please add popcorn to the free soda in the break room.

Advice to Management

N/A

Mediocre Company

Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics

Pros

I actually work with a really great group of people. This company has potential but the will NEVER achieve it because of the way the England family and company is. Its disappointing.

Cons

Where do I start..... They try as hard as they can to act like this place isn't a call center, but that is all you do. ITS A CALL CENTER.

-They required account managers to have a bachelors degree. All you do is sit and talk to truckers on the phone all day everyday.

-For Christmas they gave us 1 day off. Our Christmas breakfast was a doughnut and a fruit cup. The gave us a 5 dollar battery to charge our phones with. That isn't a joke.

- About 20% of people only hit their goals. Which means... they are almost impossible to hit. The only reason 20% hit is because they are normally the new people that their goals are low at the start.

-The benefits are terrible.

-The "company culture" or theme " Winning it, Loving it" is a bunch of BS. I don't know of a single person on my team of 20 people that like working at England and I have met very few that like and enjoy working at England.

- They have the right to change your pay whenever they feel like it.

-You make well below industry standard.

Advice to Management

How about you build a company that people actually enjoy working for, instead of just having people act like they enjoy it. Make this a career and stop treating your customers and employees like CRAP!

6. Operations Support

I have been working at England Logistics

Pros

I got the job at England when I was facing a very difficult time in my life. I'd been out of the workforce for a number of years and just wanted to get my foot in the door with a company. I am so glad it was England Logistics. It wasn't long until my desire to work hard and be professional was noticed and I had the opportunity to promote to positions with more responsibility quickly. Besides the financial benefits that improved my quality of life I have had the privelege of working with amazing, fun, talented people. Since I have been at England there has been a great focus on the "people" helping develop and recognize and support those who are dedicated and work hard every day. I do have a high stress, very busy job, but not a day goes by that I don't laugh and have a good time with those whom I work with.

Cons

The programs being developed and implemented to focus on individual growth and development are excellent and helping with any "cons" that may exist.

Great company & opportunity...has it challenges, but what workplace doesn't?

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at England Logistics

Pros

There are some great opportunities to learn and grow in your career here. The company does a great job of hiring good people & working to foster a good culture. Those who bring value in their role will be rewarded with opportunities for advancement & progress.

I was fortunate to be in a position that granted me exposure to executive leadership and be involved in many strategic initiatives. The senior leadership is excellent & most anyone who does not agree simply does not understand them or has not had enough time with that team to understand them. They know what is good for the business & have the employees and business at heart when steering the ship.

This is a successful company. It feels good to be a apart of a company that can set and achieve worthy goals & this company does. In the 5 years I spent here there was consistent year over year growth even during difficult economic times. The growth creates opportunity & for those who prove themselves finding opportunities is matter of when, not if.

Great coworkers means great relationships. This is one thing that most everyone who has spent time here will tell you...the people really are great.

Cons

Can be stressful and at times demand more than your ideal work/life balance situation would prefer. Depending on position/dept some managers are very demanding & hold that as a virtue which proves them to be hard working. While they may in fact be hardworking, they sometimes choose the wrong way to display it.

Pay is not always competitive with market & that is sometimes acknowledged & accepted as a good thing, but employees will never see it as a good thing. It should be stated however, that those who create value for the company do get rewarded & will have opportunities for advancement in pay & responsibility. I think some don't get that far here because they aren't willing to begin in a place they feel is less than fair and as a result both the company & employee can loose out.

With so much growth a lot of folks find themselves in middle management positions who may not truly have the experience in leadership they need. In some cases they may also lack the experience in their field. This can be frustrating & difficult for others, including other managers. E.L. does invest in training managers in leadership, but could do better

Retention is a big area of need for improvement. This is acknowledged & a high area of focus, but a difficult problem to solve, particularly in a strong labor market. Even departments/teams with low turnover are affected by the churn.

Advice to Management

Continue to work to build a great culture & begin to do even more to live that culture. Find ways to grant more autonomy to all employees. Do not suppose that because someone is a manager, the others on their team work for them...they work for the company, just like the managers do and should be respected accordingly.

Let go of things that don't make sense for the business, but are done simply because they always have been. Look for opportunities to be transparent as much as possible. Try to get front line employees more face time with executives to that they can better understand each others roles & challenges.

Find more creative ways to uphold the high standard & expectation that the company has of its employees while still allowing the employees a say in how to accomplish those things.

Overall this is a great company to be a part of, but it could be even better & I believe it will be as the improvement efforts continue. Not everything was sunshine & rainbows, but under the right circumstances I would work here again, which probably speaks more strongly than anything else I could say about it.

Constantly challenged

Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working here has pushed me to learn and grow. There are no excuses, the high expectations are set by you peers who push themselves everyday. Opportunity is everywhere if you are up for the challenge.

Cons

Compartmentalized groups, sharing information between divisions and teams will make us stronger.

Advice to Management

Senior management should spend some time on the floor in both sales and support. See our strengths and challenges up close so we can really fight the same battle.

Wow

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people you sit next to and interact with on a daily basis are the only pro. I can't believe Marketing actually asked for free popcorn to go with the free soda in one of the reviews. YES FREE SUGAR PACKED SODA WHERE 50% OF THE EMPLOYEES ARE OVER WEIGHT. What a great company. I guess it makes up for the commission structure.

Cons

Where to start.....the moment you walk in the door you feel like a number.
    The marketing team and management have been busy typing outstanding reviews.
    If you are able to have a candid conversation with an account manager, they will tell you they feel very under appreciated and beat down. When business takes a spike upwards and the commissions start to become really nice, the commission structure gets changed, and you will end up making less than what you were previously making....SO CROOKED!! I have seen it happen three times since I have been with the company. This is not a long term career job. Stay away

Advice to Management

WAKE UP!!! Hire and promote from within, there are many qualified people in the ranks.
    STOP 3DX or at least the way it is implemented.

Senior Account Manager

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fun atmosphere
    - Goals are clearly defined and attainable
    - You are compensated well for your work
    - Your supervisors are called Lead Coaches and their job is solely to help you be successful
    - They have several levels of achievement that allow you to move up in the company in salary and position

- I have recommended this job to several friends who have also worked with me and enjoy it as well.

Cons

- The main con I would say would be that there is a steep learning curve and it is not for everyone, this job requires individuals to be internally motivated
    - Your success is in your own hands, how hard you work will directly affect your paycheck (double edged sword, this can help or hurt some people)

Advice to Management

Invest more in continuing education training, they do a good job of getting people up to speed to start their jobs but there isnt much back end training except for a program called Summit. The program is good at helping people learn good life skills but I would like to see technical sales trainings that are department specific.

Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Leadership, Friendly Environment, Room for Growth, Diversity

Cons

From my position I see no Cons, I have a wonderful Leadership Team that allows me to do the job I was hired to do. Who provide me with great support and respect.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward!

RSS Feed </> Embed