England Logistics Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
74 reviews filtered by
2.2
Jason Beardall

Pros
  • Those on the floor are a hard working group of people who are very talented at what they do (in 8 reviews)

• Made a few life long friend and met many great people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The turnover for Account Managers has to be very high (in 10 reviews)

• They shouldn't start "grading" you on your quota until you've had a few months to build your book of business (in 4 reviews)

Vickie Webster

Former Employee - Senior Capiticy Manager in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Capiticy Manager in Livonia, MI

I worked at England Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I loved working here and will miss all the people who I was in daily contact with

Cons

Some managers need a little more training, they need to learn when to address an employee on the floor or take a conversation in office.

Look at all employees as equal no matter which division they are working for.

2. Top Level Doesn't Seem to Care

I worked at England Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with on a daily basis, but expect to see high turnover. Work hours are 7-4, it's nice getting done by 4. The best part to any day is when work is finished up.

Cons

It's all been said before, just check the previous reviews. There's an archaic workplace mentality of bosses ruling their underlings. Don't expect your voice to be heard or any chance at positive change received and implemented.

Let your employees know that their valued, in particular by way of compensation. Institute some real incentive plans for your salespeople. Realize that capacity managers deserve as much as account managers.

Stepping Stone at Best

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at England Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Your co-workers will be amazing. The Account Managers at England Logistics are some of the hardest working most ingenious people you will meet. Potential for decent incentive pay in some departments (Factoring, FTL)

England Logistics will hire just about anyone with a college degree. If you're looking for a place to start your career and you can tough it out for a few years while showing results it's not a bad choice. After that you'll already be ready to move on.

Cons

No non-monetary recognition, your "voice" will never be heard, all of the benefits are terrible.

They never let off the gas pedal. When you look at the faces of England employees you'll notice that they are tired and disgruntled. The company has a higher than normal turnover rate among Account Managers (sales). Every support department is understaffed and overworked.

Although the company grew remarkable over the time I was there they also cut commissions in most departments.

Where do I start. Pay better commissions, your Account Manager's are making the company insane amounts of money and often complain that they feel under-compensated. Get a real benefits package. Give people a break and allow them to relax at work a little. Happy employees are far more productive employees. Stop hiring managers from outside the company, it makes your top Account Managers feel uncared-for.

Not a career destination company.

I worked at England Logistics full-time

Pros

Coworkers, I am still in contact with quite a few great people.

Cons

Unless you can get in the back pocket of the president you don't stand a chance at advancing. You may close a deal and feel like you are in good graces but your time there will eventually run its course, it always does even if you found a way into said "back pocket." This is not a company to go to if you want a career. They will drain the life out of you.

Train your managers to coach and empower employees rather than to shift blame and cover themselves. Work life balance is also huge; not allowing an employee to take a week off is going to continue draining employees and keep making people dislike England Logistics.

Bad company to work for.

I worked at England Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

has a base salary but you will not earn much more than the base pay; decent benefits.7-4 monday-friday work

Cons

you have a certain amount of margin that is required but it is always increasing so you dont earn commissions. they fire so many people.

train better & more

Keep looking if you get a job here. You won't last long.

I worked at England Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked with some really great people there. It's unfortunate the leadership doesn't utilize those people and develop their talents. I honestly can't think of any pros to working here.

Cons

There are too many cons to put down. 1) I wasn't placed in the position I interview for 2) I didn't receive any training 3) The company didn't even provide me with much leads. Most my leads came from my own efforts. Any leads I received were old leads that were called on too many times. 4) The management treat employees very badly. No rewards that are tied to performance. 5) Benefits are very poor and expensive 6) I saw employees get fired or quit almost daily. Very high turnover. You have one bad month and they'll fire you. 7) They practice 4DX here but they do it wrong. They don't give you metrics that are measurable. There was no way of measuring a quality call. Everyone just made up numbers at the end of the week. 8) I never got any credit for any cross sales

These guys don't care about any advice. I've seen upper management get fired because they disagreed with Beardall on some strategies. They fire people over the weekend! I know of people there who went home Friday and get a call early Monday morning telling them don't bother coming in.
    They don't develop any employees. I never once received a performance review.
    Live the values you preach.
    Be fair and honest.
    Respect your employees.
    Leadership by example.

High turnover

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at England Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good people on the floor

Cons

Sales ramps are ever increasing and poor commission on margin

Worse company I've ever worked for!!

Former Employee - Freight Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Freight Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at England Logistics

Pros

I get to go home when the bell rang!

Cons

too much pressure and are always expecting more than what you can contribute. We are just numbers at that place and no real value on people.

Take responsibility for what you say your going to do.

Sad to see how much has changed in the last few years.

I worked at England Logistics

Pros

Made a few life long friend and met many great people. Fun depending on who you report to.

Cons

Overworked employees. Stressful. Changes are demanded and needed, but upper management are not willing to sacrifice any sort of hits on margin/revenue to allow changes.

I hope the best for this company. Management need to focus on working with their teams and building up moral within their net instead of treating them like work horses because they fear of what needs to be reported number wise each week.

Suck the life out of you

Former Employee - Administrative
    Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at England Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company with a long history in the Transportation business.

Cons

The dictatorship mentality of the High level management is borderline hostile at all times. Constant fear of being fired. No goals are appreciated if you do well on a goal then the goal was too easy and made unattainable the next period for a bonus. Use lower wages with promises of bonuses to get results then make things like "manager discretion" part of the bonus metrics. Which means if the manager feels like it they cut it with no real reasoning. I compare the enviroment to a Nazi boot camp. All numbers, and will work you to the ground, keep you away from your family and never appreciate you. The high school click atmosphere is the worst. If you get on Beardall's hit list you will never do anything right again and always have a bulls eye on your back with no growth potential, there is no mentoring. Very clicky, if you are a yes man you will succeed and grow but if you have ideas and opinions outside of the tyrant leader you will be beat down till you quit or are fired for some off the wall reason. If you are not in a revenue producing position you will always be a second class peasant.

Stop micro managing, Listen to your mid management feedback on process improvement. Reward work not Friends you want to promote that haven't put in the work to earn it. Focus on retention, retraining the constant new employees due to high turnover cannot be the best way to manage profits.