English Construction Company

Be The First To
Add Photos

Doug Dalton Jr.

1 Employee Review

My experience working for English has been very knowledgeable and rewarding.

Human Resources Assistant and Benefits Manager (Current Employee)
Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at English Construction Company full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSome of the best reasons to work for English Construction is the learning experience. You get the chance to learn other tasks and advance to other positions. English also pays for any job related classes that you would like to take to help better your career.

ConsOne downside downside to working at English is that you don't get to see the people in the field a lot. You interact with the people in the field on a day to day basis and sometimes it is more rewarding to be able to match a face with the voice.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice that I would give to management is Competency-Based Interviewing is the most effective method of interviewing and can be used in all types of interviews. Certain companies only use the standard type interviews with the common questions. Management should shake things up a little because a lot of applicants research and rehearse their interviews, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I just think that switching interview questions up a bit makes the interview more interesting and you learn more about the applicant.

I am neither a current nor former employer.

Worked for English Construction Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at English Construction Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for English Construction Company CEO Doug Dalton Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by English Construction Company employees.