Eni

Eni Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Eni CEO Claudio Descalzi

Claudio Descalzi

Pros
  • Work life balance on 28 days on off rotation really getting me to focus on life and work adventure (in 8 reviews)

• Technical level is good; good technical professional growth, most of the time friendly environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I work here as a consultant and I've never seen an environment like this: parasitism, bureaucracy, incompetent executives, no meritocracy at all (in 4 reviews)

• Very poor HR management at HO level (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

OK just ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBonus system is set up ok. Pay is ok just ok.

ConsPay needs to be more competitive with other operators. Favoritism among Italians. Much workload stress. Management just passes the buck so to speak when it comes time go get work done. Passing work off to much lower management level people. Heatlh insurance is HORRID. Health insurance company takes forever to pay doctors who in return send you all kinds of nasty letters and bills.

Advice to Senior Managementbetter pay better benefits.

Standard System administration task load.

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsInteresting environment. The company is a multi-national, a subsidiary of Eni, which is the former Agip - the Italian national oil company. As such the culture there is different from most American companies, the Italian culture bleeds through to this American subsidiary.

ConsGetting initiatives off the ground is very difficult. There is alot of wait and see. Often no one wants to be the decision maker.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to move initiatives forward into production.

The mirror of Italy...

Knowledge Management Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsIf you're an employee there are some pros: low work load, benefits, in the summer free friday afternoon, no one will fire you unless you kill someone.

ConsI work here as a consultant and I've never seen an environment like this: parasitism, bureaucracy, incompetent executives, no meritocracy at all. This is a real mirror of Italy unfortunately. There are people I can consider smart, but just few people. Without consultants this company would be dead. I'm trying to run away.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're there just for political connections, just for filling empty spaces.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

no sense

Project Control (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Proschallanging, friends, Okay, down town

Consnot systematic, troubling, not easy

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Low Incentive in terrible atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Proshigh salary, easy work schedule, minimum hours

Consno bonus structure, no promotions, management does not care for change

Excellent managements and coworkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMany opportunities for learning and expanding upon skill set

ConsBureaucracy can make accomplishing anything difficult, senior management rarely stays for very long

Advice to Senior ManagementAct upon known problems rather than ignoring them or hoping they will get better before you transfer to the next opportunity

Honestly it was the worst experience of my life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood salary, great benefits (10% 401k match), short work week (37 hrs), and lots of vacation (5 weeks).

ConsHorrible management, endless bureaucracy, managers moved in and out of positions every 1-2 years. Very cold and unfeeling company. Management used a recorded video (that was delivered via email and didn’t work on half of the company computers) informing ~150 employees that the office was closing and that they might (or might not) be offered a transfer. Severance was unfair and health insurance stopped on the day you left the office. Horrible experience.

OK

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood Compensation and time off

ConsLittle room for advancement if non Italian

overall a good, stable company to work for

Back Office (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgood hours, benefits, senior management are very nice...

Conspay is on the lower end...

Advice to Senior Managementshould offer more merit based compensation

not so much stressful, time and space for the family

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossalary is quite good, on the average for the Italian market. it is required to travel. you can have the possibility to meet international diversity while at work

Conspeople management and career advancement, not fair. sometimes you get stuck in a place with no reasons while you see Others progressing with appearently no reasons as well. italian and anglish spoken is required

Worked for Eni? Contribute to the Community!