Enlightened

Updated October 2, 2014
Updated October 2, 2014
4.3

Antwanye Ford

Stop chasing other people's dreams and become Enlightened!

I have been working at Enlightened full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ever have that feeling where you wake up - smiling and excited to begin the day? If you answered no - stop by Enlightened to see what we are all about. I wish I could tell you this is coming from some suited up marketing person - but it's not. This is coming from someone who genuinely finds deep value in joining a team that is positive, energetic and most importantly - ethical. People that come and go have many reasons for doing so. People that stay and find a home here know this is a team second to none.

Cons

Those who find themselves deeply entrenched in something they love and honor - call it "passion." If you have a situation where you are spending hours watching time go by and you are unhappy - then you might have a "job" or "work." Don't confuse time with toil and work with

Continue to push the company beyond its comfort zone. Never give up! No points for second place!

SUCH A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!

I have been working at Enlightened full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Enlightened is a first class company who takes pride in doing things the right and giving back to the community. The employees are great people who are highly knowledgeable, easy to work with, and willing to help wherever there is a need. It is great atmosphere to work in as well. Leadership has a great vision of the direction they want the company to go in. Enlightened also does a good job with investing in their employees and developing them in a way that will benefit both the company and the individual.

Cons

I have no complaints about Enlightened. I couldn't be happier with where I am.

I've been in search of a career to love, not just a job, and I have finally found it at Enlightened.

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at Enlightened full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Supportive atmosphere, challenging work, fantastic coworkers, positive environment and a company that truly cares about the quality of work that it does and not just the quantity.

Cons

You have so many opportunities that its sometimes difficult to manage your schedule, it's definitely not your regular 9-5, however, I never wanted that so i wouldnt say its too much of a con.

The management seminars and internal training that we do I find to be very beneficial. I know they do take time out of the work day but I would love to do more. Its great to be able to learn about the different departments within the company and how they all work together as one efficient machine.

SUCH A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Enlightened full-time

Pros

Enlightened does a great job of investing in their employees. They are a first class company who takes pride in doing things the right way and giving back to their community. They are also widely respected among their consumers as a company with capacity to offer a wide range of services. The employees are good people who are easy to get along with and willing to help wherever and whenever needed.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Enlightened. They have been outstanding to me during my tenure here.

Keep staying true to the company's values. It has been working tremendously so far!! I couldn't be happier with the direction Enlightened is going.

Not a good company

Current Employee - Payment Processor
    Current Employee - Payment Processor

I have been working at Enlightened full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hours are good and no weekends.

Cons

No room for improvement and bosses don't care.

Appreciate your good workers instead of just hiring new people. Also, give your people raises to know you care.

I was satisfied with Enlightened, Inc.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Enlightened full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay structure is great. Although, no professional development; personnel- upper, mid & lower are very resourceful and helpful. The opportunity to be engaged in different projects is great.

Cons

As an employee, my compensation package was a pay check, and one is not given direct deposit to a bank account as an option. Hence, pay-checks are mailed out to employee's homes. However, pay- satisfactory.

Options in compensation package could be improved as it is proven in most cases that a satisfied and happy employee is highly productive. Institute a professional development package if possible as well as the option for direct deposit in addition to mailing checks.

An Enlightening Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Enlightened as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great dynamic of intelligent and innovative people, wonderful work atmosphere, extremely friendly and professional environment, the projects are very interesting and really make you think about what is possible. I feel like the company works well with people on all levels of their career and provides many opportunities to learn and grow in the field you are working in.

Cons

Sometimes there are long hours but it seems worth it for the feeling of accomplishment you get on completing a project.

I think the management team is very respectful to the needs of the employees and I would hope that they continue to be as caring and considerate to their employees morale, health and well-being as they are now.

Wonderful Small business

I have been working at Enlightened full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. Company has great visions and potential.
    2. Consistently awarded and recognized by clients and outside organizations for its innovative solutions and customer service.
    3. Leadership cares for its employees, while holding them to high standards.
    4. Provides opportunity for proactive, creative employees to present and bring their ideas to fruition. Fully supportive of those employees willing to do so.
    5. Fully support personal professional growth - pay for certifications and training.

Cons

1. As small government contractor the demands/changes created by clients can be overwhelming if not prepared.

Keep moving forward with current initiatives to improve communications and processes.

Enlightened, Inc. Prides itself in Employee Satisfaction

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Enlightened full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My experience with Enlightened, Inc. remains pleasant, educational and entails personal and professional growth. This is one firm that truly understands that employees' are the "blood line" of any organization. Hence, management at this organization strives to keep consultants satisfied and happy.

Cons

Although compensation is great, however, one has to wait two (2) pay periods; about a month prior to receiving the first pay check.

Please alter structure on initial pay to an employee. While learning the nature of a particular job function and working to fulfill requirements and meet aggressive deadlines, a new employee should not be stressed or consumed with personal financial matters. Thanks,

Enlightened takes leadership, expansion and passion to new levels.

I have been working at Enlightened full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Leadership inspires workers to empower themselves. Education, training and self development are at the forefront of Enlightened's growth. They are hiring. They are winning contracts. They are making all the right moves to push themselves further into excellence. 50% growth in the last year is no coincidence. That is the result of hard work and solid reputation. This will continue to grow as the team follows suite. Stay tuned for major changes as we skyrocket into 2014.

Cons

With so many positive changes - the only negative aspect is that it's easy to get lost in which path to engage. This requires a mature approach to self development and demands result driven leadership.

Never give up the fight. 2014 is the year of the warrior and Enlightened will charge the contracting battlefield with a small, but elite force.