Enlightened
www.enlightened.com Washington, DC

Enlightened Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Antwanye Ford

I was satisfied with Enlightened, Inc.

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsThe pay structure is great. Although, no professional development; personnel- upper, mid & lower are very resourceful and helpful. The opportunity to be engaged in different projects is great.

ConsAs an employee, my compensation package was a pay check, and one is not given direct deposit to a bank account as an option. Hence, pay-checks are mailed out to employee's homes. However, pay- satisfactory.

Advice to Senior ManagementOptions in compensation package could be improved as it is proven in most cases that a satisfied and happy employee is highly productive. Institute a professional development package if possible as well as the option for direct deposit in addition to mailing checks.

An Enlightening Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsGreat dynamic of intelligent and innovative people, wonderful work atmosphere, extremely friendly and professional environment, the projects are very interesting and really make you think about what is possible. I feel like the company works well with people on all levels of their career and provides many opportunities to learn and grow in the field you are working in.

ConsSometimes there are long hours but it seems worth it for the feeling of accomplishment you get on completing a project.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the management team is very respectful to the needs of the employees and I would hope that they continue to be as caring and considerate to their employees morale, health and well-being as they are now.

Wonderful Small business

Pros1. Company has great visions and potential.
    2. Consistently awarded and recognized by clients and outside organizations for its innovative solutions and customer service.
    3. Leadership cares for its employees, while holding them to high standards.
    4. Provides opportunity for proactive, creative employees to present and bring their ideas to fruition. Fully supportive of those employees willing to do so.
    5. Fully support personal professional growth - pay for certifications and training.

Cons1. As small government contractor the demands/changes created by clients can be overwhelming if not prepared.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving forward with current initiatives to improve communications and processes.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enlightened, Inc. Prides itself in Employee Satisfaction

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsMy experience with Enlightened, Inc. remains pleasant, educational and entails personal and professional growth. This is one firm that truly understands that employees' are the "blood line" of any organization. Hence, management at this organization strives to keep consultants satisfied and happy.

ConsAlthough compensation is great, however, one has to wait two (2) pay periods; about a month prior to receiving the first pay check.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease alter structure on initial pay to an employee. While learning the nature of a particular job function and working to fulfill requirements and meet aggressive deadlines, a new employee should not be stressed or consumed with personal financial matters. Thanks,

Enlightened takes leadership, expansion and passion to new levels.

Washington, DC

ProsLeadership inspires workers to empower themselves. Education, training and self development are at the forefront of Enlightened's growth. They are hiring. They are winning contracts. They are making all the right moves to push themselves further into excellence. 50% growth in the last year is no coincidence. That is the result of hard work and solid reputation. This will continue to grow as the team follows suite. Stay tuned for major changes as we skyrocket into 2014.

ConsWith so many positive changes - the only negative aspect is that it's easy to get lost in which path to engage. This requires a mature approach to self development and demands result driven leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever give up the fight. 2014 is the year of the warrior and Enlightened will charge the contracting battlefield with a small, but elite force.

A growing IT firm in DC is a great place to be...

Washington, DC

ProsWork/Life balance is good - expect a work hard play hard mentality. If you have a passion for what you do you will definitely find support, and opportunities for professional development. It is a growing company and so there are many ways to contribute to the company's success.

ConsNone to share at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue driving home the culture and values, and supporting opportunities for professional growth.

I've been with Enlightened a little over 5 months, and I couldn't be happier!

Washington, DC

ProsThis is not a 9-5 job and it's not a clock in/clock out, get your paycheck routine, but if you're committed to working hard and being part of a team environment, then Enlightened is the place for you! We have a lot of fun, but we work very hard, and the payoff is amazing. But, be prepared to be on call evenings and weekends, and put in a lot of hours during proposal season. As a new employee, I have to say that I couldn't be happier.

ConsLate nights, early mornings (not too early!), weekend and evening work. Expect calls from Management late into the night.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with what's working - maintain an open-door policy and continue increased interaction with staff. Enlightened is in a period of exciting growth, and the fragile culture needs to be nourished and encouraged.

Good Pay, but that's IT!

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsGood compensation. Good people around the office.

ConsUpper management is crap! Snobby executives that are selfish.

Flag Review
    Enlightened HR Generalist responded to this review Nov 29, 2013 EditDelete
    Dear Reviewer,

We are glad you enjoy the individuals you work with, and the compensation for your position. It is Enlightened's goal to provide a rewarding and challenging work environment that
    ... More

It's like riding a roller-coater.

Washington, DC

ProsThe people here are great to work with.
    Management will give you ample opportunity to prove yourself.
    Th projects are interesting and challenging.

ConsLack of communication from Executive Management.
    PTO policy is less than ideal.
    Executive Managemtn shows favoritism and does nothing to try and hide it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your employees abreast of the changes and status of the company.
    Do a better job of realizing negative corporate climate shifts.
    Threats and uncomfortable working conditions do not breed creativity and success.

My professional experience has been very gratifying.

Washington, DC

ProsEnlightened is a small "family friendly" environment. Employees have the opportunity to advance professionally if an interest is expressed and the ability to perform the task is demonstrated. It is a great place to work if you don't have a family and your career is your life.

ConsWork/life balance is not a priority. Employees work extremely hard and are not rewarded for their efforts.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt the work-life balance philosophy. Consistently reward your employees by providing feedback, recognition for job performance, and annual reviews with salary increases.

Worked for Enlightened? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enlightened reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enlightened CEO Antwanye Ford. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Enlightened employees.