Enlivant

Enlivant Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison

Jack Callison

Pros
  • The residents are wonderful to care for(in 12 reviews)

• Residents and families are fun to be around, like your second family(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is a joke and has NO clue what they are doing or how to treat people(in 29 reviews)

• Conference calls after conference call to say the same thing over and over(in 26 reviews)

So happy to be gone!!! Just as bad as the prior company!!

Community Relations Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe residents and community. Liked the small facility and getting to know the people that lived at the facility.

ConsRegional never around. Hire Executive Dierectors that are horribly clueless!

Advice to Senior ManagementChanging from ALC means actually changing not business as usual.

Horrible Leadership at Regional Level

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers and residents are the only Pros. Families who care

Consexpectations to do everything Regionals say at your expense. Do everything the way they say when they never come to community and have no clue what works in individual communities.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of any old ALC Regional who does not care about anything or anyone but themselves. That is what is holding the new company back

Loved my job until Enlivant took over.

Community Relations Manager (Current Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsI love the residents and my trifecta team.

ConsSo far, Enlivant has made a ton of promises with no results. The only thing that has changed, is the amount of paperwork/ computer time. The sales reporting program is a joke. The new reports that are now required, are just duplications of what we do in STAR. The residents pay too money to live in an out-dated, run-down community. My community has never been updated since it was built in the early 90's. Also, everyone in upper management are friends so be careful who you talk to.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou want to know what Hot leads we have in each community??? LOOK IN STAR!!!! What is the point of all of the new duplicate reports? You want us to increase occupancy yet you decrease the time we spend trying to get leads by adding stupid reports! Now you're asking us to spend hundreds of dollars out of our own pockets to update our communities and then wait to be reimbursed. SEND US MONEY! Annnnnd... You expect us to check our e-mail every 15 minutes even during non-working hours! Sorry folks, I have a life outside of Enlivant.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

New name, same bad people!

Residence Director (Current Employee)

ProsYou are given most of the resources needed to care for your residents and run your community effectively.

ConsThe Divisional leadership was retained from the previous company and they have no integrity. They could care less about the residents or the staff. Now that the dust has settled with the transition to Enlivant, it's back to management by fear and intimidation. The focus is on sales without regard to resident care. There is no job security. Good people are starting to leave and will continue to.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf some of your current leaders were part of the previous company's demise, what makes you think they won't lead Enlivant down the same path?

Hopeful but still feeling dubious

Executive Director (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsLove the opportunity to have varied responsibilities every day.....I never know what a day will look like when I walk in the door and that keeps things fresh and keeps me energized....Love the residents and their families........love my staff- they work so hard and show compassion each day....

ConsThe recent change in the organizational chart with the Executive Director finally having supervision over the CSM and CRM is long overdue but will not help the situation if the ED is not truly able to hold these critical team members accountable. Being told by the RDO that the only notable change would be that the EDs will now be the ones approving exception reports and expense reports seems to defeat the purpose.........that is the least of what needs to change. The CRM doesn't even work a full 8 hour day, never follows through with responsibilities, makes excuses for why he can't get his responsibilities accomplished and the ED is not allowed to require more of him.....the CSM makes numerous clinical mistakes and when those are brought to the regional team, the ED is challenged for not being a team player and for being mean spirited. Unbelievable! Accountability is supposed to be the new mantra but it's only being given lip service- none of the changes on this level are real. The wages are also unreasonably low for the expectations on the house team and direct care providers......the work-life balance is ridiculous. In order to meet the expectations given the entire team needs to be equally committed........when 2/3 of the house leadership are allowed to do whatever they want, work few hours, not be accountable, etc- the ED has NO HOPE of a good balance of work and life..... have been looking for a new position daily for months now. There is no equity in how people are treated by the regional team. It's ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease realize that in many ways you all are on the right track but that the Regional Team is not representing the changes you say you want implemented in the way most of us think you intended. We appreciate your efforts and ideas but shutting out the house team from real communication with the Divisional Team is a huge mistake. The regional team does NOT want to hear any realities, they just want us to tell them we are all a happy team and that it's all OK........it's not and we are not given any opportunity without the fear of punitive action to express that. More communication between the Divisional Teams and the House leadership will be critical in truly moving your new agenda forward.

Looking forward to being part of Enlivants Future!

ProsCommunication! Enlivant's leadership team is awesome, we have more support and tools to do our jobs better.
    Working with my team members and doing what is right for our seniors who reside with us.

ConsTeam Members who expect change to have immediately! It takes time for change, we need to have patience and be positive!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving us forward, we will get there! Thank you for your support!

So far so good

Prosmuch more upbeat than ALC. Sales philosophy in keeping with most large companies. ALC was just the opposite

ConsALC prided itself in offering salaries that were about 25% less than what was standard for the area stating that employees had such a love for the elderly that they would take less $$ to be able to do it. We take exceptional care of our residents but we have bills to pay also and we are not working for a not for profit company. We are hoping that Enlivant will change this. An increase may also help the company keep its employees as the turnover is significant.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise salaries for those at house level (caregivers and management). Set up a comprehensive on-boarding and training program for new employees. Please don't throw a 3" binder at them and then have the new employees sign a paper stating that they are trained. I know that things are a bit crazy just now but communication from district to house level is crucial.

Enlivant is a joke. Any positive reviews on here were written by senior leadership, or the pathetic CEO himself.

CRM (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThe residents. That is all.

ConsThese people are the worst. I've never heard so many blatant lies in my life. They have done NOTHING to improve anything. It's all rhetoric. In fact, their first order of business was to increase rates across the board, and increase the community fees to one month's rent. The prices were already inflated! All a person really needs to do is refuse to pay the fee& it will be waived. Also make sure to not fully disclose how much money your loved one earns, as they will base their pricing on that. Nice. They are letting loyal employees go, meanwhile bringing idiots on board. Do a google search of the CEO, Jack Callison-you will see that he pulled all the same garbage at Holiday. There are blogs dedicated to "outing" him regarding all of his lies. This company is heading to bankruptcy-fast. My advice to employees (current & prospective) is to RUN.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying. You have no idea what you are doing, and it shows. You are the joke of healthcare.

It is the worst company I have ever worked for in 20+ years in healthcare!

Executive Director (Current Employee)

ProsThe residents are the ONLY reason anyone should even think about staying...

ConsEverything else. The management- new and old, is pathetic. They will blantantly lie and cover up abuse and neglect as well as violations to keep their numbers looking good. I was written up for reporting several cases of witnessed abuse as required. Documentation of verbal and financial abuse were swept under the rug as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign and take the minions with you, so that people who care more about the residents that the bottom line can treat these people like they deserve to be. Also, being the worst paying AL provider in the country, how about at least pretending to care about those working for you!?

CRM

ProsNew ideas are great...if they were actually followed through on

ConsHouse leadership teams lack communication and all team members are not valued. Very negative an hostile work environment.Confidentiality is not kept.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house on all levels... The teams need to be refreshed

Worked for Enlivant? Contribute to the Community!