Enlivant

Enlivant Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison

Jack Callison

Pros:
  • "The residents are wonderful to care for"
    in 12 reviews
  • "I love making my residents and families happy"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management is a joke and has NO clue what they are doing or how to treat people"
    in 28 reviews
  • "You have to adjust your schedule to be in the house when you have conference calls (See Point"
    in 25 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Horrible Leadership at Regional Level

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers and residents are the only Pros. Families who care

Consexpectations to do everything Regionals say at your expense. Do everything the way they say when they never come to community and have no clue what works in individual communities.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of any old ALC Regional who does not care about anything or anyone but themselves. That is what is holding the new company back

New name, same bad people!

Residence Director (Current Employee)

ProsYou are given most of the resources needed to care for your residents and run your community effectively.

ConsThe Divisional leadership was retained from the previous company and they have no integrity. They could care less about the residents or the staff. Now that the dust has settled with the transition to Enlivant, it's back to management by fear and intimidation. The focus is on sales without regard to resident care. There is no job security. Good people are starting to leave and will continue to.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf some of your current leaders were part of the previous company's demise, what makes you think they won't lead Enlivant down the same path?

Looking forward to being part of Enlivants Future!

ProsCommunication! Enlivant's leadership team is awesome, we have more support and tools to do our jobs better.
    Working with my team members and doing what is right for our seniors who reside with us.

ConsTeam Members who expect change to have immediately! It takes time for change, we need to have patience and be positive!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving us forward, we will get there! Thank you for your support!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

House leadership position for over five years.

Wellness Director (Current Employee)

ProsI love long term care for the elderly, and this level of care is so much better than over-regulated nursing home care. I have many co-workers who are dedicated to our residents and we are all like family.

ConsPoor pay. Too much work for the house nurses! Houses not allowed by regional teams to embrace their own identity.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe were all excited for the changes coming with our new owners! But our regional team has the old culture so ingrained in their heads, that our hopes are quickly fading. Regional teams should be there to encourage and assist; foster positive outcomes. Instead they continue to demand too much, criticize, play head games, play favorites, and drag us down every time they are in the house. We are warned not to go above regionals because they (divisionals) do not want to hear from us; made to sign papers that we will not say anything negative in meetings; warned not to say anything possibly upsetting or contrary to the regionals. RDO does not answer phone, return calls or emails. Please reassure us your vision is genuine. We are all anxious for a positive change.

OK job

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsGet to work with great clients and families! Dont need a degree to be trifect level because they dont pay enough for that level of managers and the higher level manager leave because they can make more ANYWHERE else!

ConsToo many hours for low salary, little to no training, dont figure in bonuses as earnable it doesnt happen because its based on how the building does more than sales efforts (if the RD, WD and staff dont do their job sales pays for it by losing bonuses).

Advice to Senior ManagementDont base bonus on census if RSMs arent suppose to be worried about move outs!!

So far so good

Prosmuch more upbeat than ALC. Sales philosophy in keeping with most large companies. ALC was just the opposite

ConsALC prided itself in offering salaries that were about 25% less than what was standard for the area stating that employees had such a love for the elderly that they would take less $$ to be able to do it. We take exceptional care of our residents but we have bills to pay also and we are not working for a not for profit company. We are hoping that Enlivant will change this. An increase may also help the company keep its employees as the turnover is significant.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise salaries for those at house level (caregivers and management). Set up a comprehensive on-boarding and training program for new employees. Please don't throw a 3" binder at them and then have the new employees sign a paper stating that they are trained. I know that things are a bit crazy just now but communication from district to house level is crucial.

Meaningful Pursuits Coordinator.....Hard working and underpaid!

ProsI really love my job and what I do. I love making my residents and families happy. I have become very close to ALL of them. Everyday I can see that I make a huge difference in them

ConsWe are all are very hard workers. But the pay we get is terrible. If your not Salary , then your not making a dime! Corporate expects us to work our butts off, they are constantly changing something. I feel that we are not appreciated for all the hard work we do, I never get a "good job" or " your doing great" It's not that im always wanted a pat on the back, but we all deserve a compliment every once and a while and if we could make a little more than what we make now it would be much appreciated...

Enlivant is a joke. Any positive reviews on here were written by senior leadership, or the pathetic CEO himself.

CRM (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsThe residents. That is all.

ConsThese people are the worst. I've never heard so many blatant lies in my life. They have done NOTHING to improve anything. It's all rhetoric. In fact, their first order of business was to increase rates across the board, and increase the community fees to one month's rent. The prices were already inflated! All a person really needs to do is refuse to pay the fee& it will be waived. Also make sure to not fully disclose how much money your loved one earns, as they will base their pricing on that. Nice. They are letting loyal employees go, meanwhile bringing idiots on board. Do a google search of the CEO, Jack Callison-you will see that he pulled all the same garbage at Holiday. There are blogs dedicated to "outing" him regarding all of his lies. This company is heading to bankruptcy-fast. My advice to employees (current & prospective) is to RUN.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying. You have no idea what you are doing, and it shows. You are the joke of healthcare.

It is the worst company I have ever worked for in 20+ years in healthcare!

Executive Director (Current Employee)

ProsThe residents are the ONLY reason anyone should even think about staying...

ConsEverything else. The management- new and old, is pathetic. They will blantantly lie and cover up abuse and neglect as well as violations to keep their numbers looking good. I was written up for reporting several cases of witnessed abuse as required. Documentation of verbal and financial abuse were swept under the rug as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign and take the minions with you, so that people who care more about the residents that the bottom line can treat these people like they deserve to be. Also, being the worst paying AL provider in the country, how about at least pretending to care about those working for you!?

Concern former employee

Lead Psa (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsEnjoyed working there love the residents

ConsRD ,Wd just sit in chair most of time lead psa order all medicine. & fax doctors & do employee work days WD never looks in mar not concern about residents care and all hands are not on deck when needed not following all demands

Advice to Senior ManagementHire dishwashers an dining setting psa will have more time for residents care and psa need to be certified cna and Med aids

Worked for Enlivant? Contribute to the Community!

Enlivant – Why Work for Us?

The Enlivant Environment Since 1981, when we opened our first community, we’ve delivered a pioneering approach to assisted living designed to give residents a supportive, stimulating environment where they will thrive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enlivant reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enlivant CEO Jack Callison. All 215 reviews posted anonymously by Enlivant employees.