Enlivant

Enlivant Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison

Jack Callison

Pros:
  • "The residents are wonderful to care for"
    in 12 reviews
  • "I love making my residents and families happy"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management is a joke and has NO clue what they are doing or how to treat people"
    in 28 reviews
  • "You have to adjust your schedule to be in the house when you have conference calls (See Point"
    in 25 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Non Clinical Management in charge?

Wellness Director (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible work hours and decent wage

ConsThere really is no leadership in this company. Regionals only come to your building to tear you down and they made non clinical management the boss of the houses. WDs don't even report to their Regional Nurse they report to someone who doesn't have the scope of practice to make nursing decisions. Wow, dangerous place to be a nurse.

Advice to Senior ManagementJack please really think about the changes your making. Someone is going to get severely hurt or die by making non clinical personal the leader of your team. You want great care given to people and watch your bottom line? Focus more on team building between your management groups and less time empowering people that don't even know what to look for with some of these chronically ill people your taking in.

I had the opportunity to learn a lot.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    North Augusta, SC

ProsThe company provided a lot of training.

ConsSuch a large company there is a disconnect

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are a team always

The worst place I have ever worked

Executive Director (Former Employee)
    Vancouver, WA

ProsThey have wonderful properties and have the potential to be the best in the business

ConsMicro manage every detail and treat their managers like children. Focus only on moving people in and not about the care they receive. They buy the worst food for their residents and charge them 4 star hotel prices

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the competitors, they focus on the residents and give them value.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do you enjoy being intimidated, completely confused and wondering how a company can treat people so poor....work for ALC

ProsCould have really enjoyed the work and made a difference to the elderly residents.

ConsSales staff are malicious and outlast the good, underpaid, poorly trained, hard working staff. No way to get anything done because management pours on more, more, more. HR likes to beat the NO UNION policy....over & over & over with every meeting or convention. Then proceeds to suggest agreement with the companies political views.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new ones (management that is) .....especially Regionals

All they care about is dollar amounts and not the residents

Executive Director (Current Employee)
    Cleburne, TX

Prosthe residents are sweet and make you feel good

Conspay is awful ,never time off ,phone calls 24 hrs a day 7 days a week

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your residents,treat all staff management to housekeeping w respect, get out of the 80 s on furnishings and buy transportation for your residents,they pay enough for it.

Lead cook

Lead Cook (Former Employee)
    Carroll, IA

ProsThe clients were awesome. And there children were appreciative . It was nice only working four days. I had more time with my child at the time

ConsPay long hours. To much work for one person company is money hungry and that is all. The didn't care about the people

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees what they are worth

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Very good!

Manager Assistant (Current Employee)
    New Castle, IN

ProsLoving Residents, Clean building, Great family atmosphere, Partial Caring Staff, Easy to find.

ConsLacks teamwork on occasions, food is medium, corporate lacks care for residents and employees, not very well planned activities, poor communication

Advice to Senior ManagementMore caring

Only a company for "a job," not a career.

Management Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsThe bond you create with your residents and co-workers is what gets you through some days.

ConsRegional, divisional, much less corporate does not appreciate some of their outstanding employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementOPEN YOUR EYES. There are some amazing employees at the house level. Don't focus so much on the trifecta. I have seen some co-workers leave to go work for the competition, because they know there is no room for advancement. It's sad that they truly wanted to have a career with ALC, but no one outside of the house management knew they existed.

Supposed to be improved and all about integrity, I was forced to resign after 2 years with no disciplinary action at all

Regional (Former Employee)

Prosthose at the communities who care

Consanyone in management who allows DVPs to do whatever they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally look at any regional/divisional management who worked under the "old" corporate.

Very Scary Company

Lead Med Tech (Former Employee)

ProsThe residents and their Families and most of the House Level employees

ConsALC has no business being in the people caring business, Upper Management is not genuine,Concerned or Caring about their employees or residents. I was a 5 plus year employee and the turn over rate for Caregivers,RD's, WD's, and Sales was ridiculous! I never rec'd a thank you for all my dedicated service especially during times when we had no WD,RD or Sales Staff! I was a Lead Med Tech and our caregivers and myself did it all there, Housekeeping, Laundry,Dining Services, Maintenance,Scheduling, Resolving staff conflicts, Dealing with family concerns, Nursing duties. Wow just mind boggling that the Company did not care to appreciate such dedicated employees, but what kept us going? The families....They noticed and were so thankful that we were there!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWould you put someone you Truly cared for in one of your houses? I seriously doubt that you would. Shameful.....

Worked for Enlivant? Contribute to the Community!

Enlivant – Why Work for Us?

The Enlivant Environment Since 1981, when we opened our first community, we’ve delivered a pioneering approach to assisted living designed to give residents a supportive, stimulating environment where they will thrive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enlivant reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enlivant CEO Jack Callison. All 214 reviews posted anonymously by Enlivant employees.