Enlivant Reviews

Reset
2.7
Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Pros
  • I love making my residents and families happy (in 14 reviews)

• The residents are wonderful to care for (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is pretty much non existent in the Texas region (in 33 reviews)

• conference calls all the time at last minute notice (in 30 reviews)

Executive Director

Current Employee - Executive Director in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Working with the residents is the biggest blessing.

Cons

Our divisional team is not sincere, very phony, not trust-worthy. We used to have great regional people who mentored and supported us. Suddenly they were gone. Too many changes with no explanations. Very disappointing.

Advice to Management

Don't blindly trust the divisional leaders. They don't necessarily make the right decisions and just want to put their own people in positions. Not fair to those who really made a difference.

Jun 26, 2015Director, Talent Acquisition

We value your feedback. We’re glad to hear you're enjoying working with the residents. It is our goal to provide a collaborative work environment, so we are disappointed to hear of some of your ... More

CSM

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

In my career in long term care, so far this is the best company I have worked for. The negative reviews are going to happen in every company, especially disgruntled employees. I must say in our region, there is none of the negative issues I have read in reviews. YOU HAVE TO LOVE WHAT YOU DO! Perhaps that is the difference. I love what I do. I have learned so much from the greatest generation.

Cons

As with any company, especially in health care, there is drama and shift wars at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and for listening. I have seen action on concerns brought to company leadership teams.

Jul 6, 2015Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you love what you do. We truly value employees like you who are making a difference in the lives of seniors each and every day.

Dog and pony show

Current Employee - Executive Director in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Active employment with below average employment benefits.
    Resources are poor, corporate staff with top down management and sole purpose to but bandsids on issues not redoling the.

Cons

Company is transparent about achieving high revenue margins despite walking over people or disposing of them as they are all replaceable.
    Unsafe conditions for residents left behind closed doors.
    Unethical businesses practices
    If you drink the kool aide you will be retained (as s good cult would), if you speak up or challenge unethical practice you are to be monitored and moved out.

Advice to Management

How do you sleep at night?

Jul 6, 2015Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your candid feedback. We take your concerns seriously and would like to discuss with you in more detail. Please call 888-777-4780 to speak with our Human Resources Manager.

Census, census, census

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great industry with lots of growth opportunity.

Cons

The regional teams, in most regions, aren't licensed administrators and don't understand the regulations and they pressure directors to take inappropriate people to get their bonuses and then lie when questioned about it.

Advice to Management

Find GREAT people who have a track record as a licensed administrator and pay what it takes to keep them. And only hire Regionals who have done the jobs they are supervising. The resumes of the Regionals are quite entertaining.

Jul 6, 2015Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your suggestions and are always looking for ways to improve. We’d like the opportunity to discuss your concerns further; please call us at ... More

The worst

Current Employee - Residence Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Residence Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Residents are the only good thing! Feel badly for these people that pay a high amount of money to live in a place where no one cares.

Cons

Everything:
    Poorly run by people who are unprofessional, treat residents like a number. Treat employees awful

Advice to Management

Get all new management! Your communities are run by very unprofessional, back stabbing people who could care less about the residents!

Jul 6, 2015Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to hear you enjoy working with the residents. We are sorry to hear of some of your concerns and hope you will discuss these with us further. Please call us at ... More

Executive Director

Current Employee - Executive Director in Rowlett, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Rowlett, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Very Good benefits
    Young company with lots of opportunity to grow
    Aggressive brand
    Resident minded

Cons

Systems are very antiquated
    Too many different vendors

May 29, 2015Director, Talent Acquisition

We value your feedback. We’re glad to hear you're enjoying many aspects of working for Enlivant. We appreciate your suggestions and are always looking for ways to improve. We’d like the opportunity ... More

NIGHTMARE

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The residents are wonderful and they need employees who are treated well so they can stay and care for them.

Cons

Everything:
    Unethical
    Lying
    Short staffed
    High turnover
    No training
    No Respect to staff or RESIDENTS
    residents FALLING everyday
    poor medication training lots of wrong meds given to residents
    terrible pay
    ridiculously long hours
    LYING upper management

Advice to Management

They won't take it I have tried!!!

Jul 6, 2015Director, Talent Acquisition

We value your feedback. We’re glad to hear you are enjoying working with the residents. It is our goal to provide a comfortable, collaborative work environment, so we are disappointed to hear of your ... More

Most are dead on!

Former Employee - Rcp
    Former Employee - Rcp

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Only thing good about there is residents, family and benefits ( some)

Cons

most of the reviews on here that are negative are dead on, you'll notice that most of the positive ones are the ones that are upper management and salary! What the caregivers are paid and what they go through with in house management is total abuse! I would NEVER recommend anyone to go there as long as the management is the same... Some upper corporate management look right at you and lie through her teeth! Would not want to be associated to the place!

Advice to Management

Stop lying! Most if not all employees no a lie when they hear it, you come in all smiles and say what's good and know that everything you've said will never go anywhere! It's a very sad, sad company! If you really cared about the residents you would listen to them and get rid of the people that upset them and employees so much!

Jun 26, 2015Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We take your concerns seriously and would like to discuss with you in more detail. Please call 888-777-4780 to speak with our Human Resources Manager.

ED

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Enlivant

Pros

Residents and family, and staff, were the best part of this job.

Cons

Too much marketing pressure is put on everyone.

Advice to Management

Improve the way you treat the management staff, make them feel more important than the bottom line, and the bottom line will improve.

Jun 26, 2015Director, Talent Acquisition

A company where profit is all that matters

Former Employee - Cook in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Cook in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Enlivant

Pros

Work with some caring people. Residents are friendly. Not a micro managed role. That's all the pros. Anyone who says otherwise probably has shares in the company.

Cons

This company does not care about it's ground level employees. A lot of the claims on other reviews are from people who've never stepped into an assisted living facility. The policy of answering the phone in 3 rings jeopardizes quality care of residents. The pay and benefits are atrocious. Out dated policies on firing employees i.e they don't. Let employees steal without recourse.

Advice to Management

Stop the compulsive lies and get out of the game while you are ahead. You can change the company name all you like but you are still bottom of the barrel. It will be interesting to follow the law suits as they start arising.

RSS Feed </> Embed