Enlivant Reviews

94 reviews filtered by
2.9
Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Pros
  • Residents and families are fun to be around, like your second family (in 14 reviews)

• The residents are wonderful to care for (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, everyone in upper management are friends so be careful who you talk to (in 33 reviews)

• Conference calls after conference call to say the same thing over and over (in 30 reviews)

Gaining Back Confidence in Senior Care

Current Employee - Trifecta Member in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Trifecta Member in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility is offered for salaried members of the trifecta team. Regional Directors are receptive and work well with the community managers.
    Fun is one of the core values.

Cons

Being on call 24 hours a day and having to cover any position if no other employee is able to work.
    Management staff at the community level are not able to make decisions on their own.
    Low rate of pay for direct care staff.
    No reimbursement to further your education. Unclear on opportunities to advance/grow in the company.
    Care of residents need to be first priority. More training is spent on sales than on improving resident care.

Allow community managers to make more decisions on their level. Develop a plan to eliminate 24 hours a day on call.
    Mainstream paperwork to a minimum.

Great

Former Employee - Residence Director in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Residence Director in Eugene, OR

I worked at Enlivant

Pros

Great leadership great compensation and great support

Cons

long hours, tough to get promoted from with in

None

Outlook for this company looks promising

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good balance of work/life.
    corporate is aware of problems in communities as well as need to keep good employees.

Cons

pay is lower than other companies and so good talent is there only to pad resume

increase pay for those who do a good job and get rid of those who milk the system

Mission Driven .. Incredible Company!

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

The most down to earth amazing Executive Leadership team in the industry, hands down! Enlivant has given life to this organization like nothing I have seen in this business. I joined this team shortly after acquisition , any promise that has been made, Enlivant has delivered. I would recommend this company to anyone looking !

Cons

I do not have any cons to list :)

Single worst company I have ever worked for

I worked at Enlivant

Pros

There is comradely throughout the company - however, it is bonding over the horrific management

Cons

Dishonest, unethical. A complete mess of a management system where abuse is fostered.

Value your employees.

It's a New Day at Enlivant!

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Building a strong culture and overcoming many of the old ALC mindsets!
    Hiring the right folks as Executive Directors in the building - can see the difference.
    Exciting new changes - Findly, Selling Solutions are a great start.

Cons

Still figuring a couple things out - corporate office needs to be measured on their support of the field organization. Accounts Payable in particular is a mess.

Have to focus on the field and your investors both to be successful in 2015! Make sure we're creating a corporate structure to support the field and not simply settling for "good enough". Corporate teams need to be accountable much like the regional/divisional teams are.

Refreshing, Rewarding and Absolutely Remarkable!!!

Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been in the senior living industry for almost thirty years and have worked for a few of the industry's best providers of care to our nation's elderly. My previous companies evolved over time and, unfortunately, lost sight of their core purpose and strayed from their mission statements. For those of us in the senior living field for a long period of time, you have likely experienced the same. I joined Enlivant a year ago after meeting with the new executive leadership team who shared with me the journey Enlivant would be pursuing to reinvent the former Assisted Living Concepts. The more I listened and learned, the more this opportunity touched on every reason why I chose to make a career in senior living: care and service to the elderly, the ability to champion a culture I could embrace and help establish, a strong commitment to people and an avenue to make a remarkable difference in the lives of residents, families and employees. After a year, I can only say every single aspect of the new Mission, Vision and Values of Enlivant has become a reality. The employees at Enlivant, whether community based, field based or at the corporate support center, are forming bonds and relationships that create a feeling of family with a true sense of belonging. This is what people in our industry want and need to make their careers as rewarding and meaningful as possible. When you have a culture the evolves to where Enlivant's is today, the possibilities are endless and the rewards too many to count. If you work for one of those senior living organizations that lost their way, know that there is a company out there that offers everything you want, expect and deserve. I look forward to continuing this fantastic journey as we make Enlivant the most trusted senior living provider in the country.

Cons

There are no cons, only more upside as Enlivant continues to evolve and grow.

It is clear that you are staying the course and are 100% committed!! Keep it up!!

Terrible- expect to give everything for this job that is thankless and never gives you a break.

Former Employee - Wellness Director
    Former Employee - Wellness Director

I worked at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The residents are really the only pro of this job. They were the reason I went to work every day.

Cons

No time off, on-call 24/7, no holidays off, no vacation, not enough help, upper management is very "clicky", you are expendable to them, they don't care about their employees, pay is terrible, poor training

Treat your employees with respect, actually spend the time training your employees, give your employees time off- I was so burnt out with this job, don't have an employee on-call 24/7 and never give them a break- this is brutal!

Central Indiana

Current Employee - Care Service Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Care Service Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Residents are given the best care possible, floor staff and management want what is best for them. They are treated like family. Facilities have all been recently updated most are beautiful inside. Benefits are great and very reasonable in cost compared to other companies I have worked for.

Cons

Going through changes in regional management, but all I have seen are changes for the better.

Please keep going forward, keep the lines of communications open.

Glass half full

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lovely families, residents, great care is given. Training and motivation are improving. Company vision, mission, values and goals are clearly communicated. Regional and divisional support very involved. This is not be afraid, corporate is visiting culture. Excellent benefits and upward mobility.

Cons

Old attitudes, but those can change. I recently read a very poorly written review by a person claiming to be a nurse in my community-I am the only current nurse in our Enlivant house and our residents are well cared for.

Stay the course.