Enlivant

Updated February 26, 2015
2.8

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Pros
  • Residents and families are fun to be around, like your second family (in 14 reviews)

• The residents are wonderful to care for (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, everyone in upper management are friends so be careful who you talk to (in 33 reviews)

• Conference calls after conference call to say the same thing over and over (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Great

Former Employee - Residence Director in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Residence Director in Eugene, OR

I worked at Enlivant

Pros

Great leadership great compensation and great support

Cons

long hours, tough to get promoted from with in

None

It's a New Day at Enlivant!

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Building a strong culture and overcoming many of the old ALC mindsets!
    Hiring the right folks as Executive Directors in the building - can see the difference.
    Exciting new changes - Findly, Selling Solutions are a great start.

Cons

Still figuring a couple things out - corporate office needs to be measured on their support of the field organization. Accounts Payable in particular is a mess.

Have to focus on the field and your investors both to be successful in 2015! Make sure we're creating a corporate structure to support the field and not simply settling for "good enough". Corporate teams need to be accountable much like the regional/divisional teams are.

Outlook for this company looks promising

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good balance of work/life.
    corporate is aware of problems in communities as well as need to keep good employees.

Cons

pay is lower than other companies and so good talent is there only to pad resume

increase pay for those who do a good job and get rid of those who milk the system

Glass half full

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lovely families, residents, great care is given. Training and motivation are improving. Company vision, mission, values and goals are clearly communicated. Regional and divisional support very involved. This is not be afraid, corporate is visiting culture. Excellent benefits and upward mobility.

Cons

Old attitudes, but those can change. I recently read a very poorly written review by a person claiming to be a nurse in my community-I am the only current nurse in our Enlivant house and our residents are well cared for.

Stay the course.

Mission Driven .. Incredible Company!

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

The most down to earth amazing Executive Leadership team in the industry, hands down! Enlivant has given life to this organization like nothing I have seen in this business. I joined this team shortly after acquisition , any promise that has been made, Enlivant has delivered. I would recommend this company to anyone looking !

Cons

I do not have any cons to list :)

Headed in the right direction quickly.

Current Employee - Executive Director in Inverness, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Inverness, FL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Enlivant is working hard to be the most trusted provider of senior care from the top on down. They have delivered on every promise to provide my community the tools needed to succeed. I'am proud to be part of this team.

Cons

As with any change in business, there has been growing pains, but the company listens and reacts.

We are headed in the right direction quickly. Continue to provide the outstanding training and support to our communities.

LOVE IT!!!

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Escanaba, MI
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Escanaba, MI

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

This company has been AMAZING for me as an employee. I have been working for this company since their acquisition of Assisted Living Concepts. I have never found more personal satisfaction in a career then I have with Enlivant. They are constantly recognizing our achievements, promoting our strengths, and providing on going training and support to aide us in achieving our maximum potential as individuals, but most importantly as a team. As a whole, Enlivant stands by it's mission/vision/and values and we are truly working towards becoming the nations most trusted senior living provider. I feel as though Enlivant has stood by me as an employee and I feel the possibilities are endless! I myself being a Community Relations Manager have never felt as though I am working. I feel as though my daily "job" is just SO much more then just a job. I have created not only working contacts, but friends, a second family if you will. These residents are truly remarkable individuals and they have so much to share and teach us all. The residents and their families have become an extension of my own family and everyday brings a new adventure! With that being said, I can only hope that the next person who embarks on an employment opportunity with Enlivant, puts as much heart into their job as they can because Enlivant certainly puts their heart into each and everyone of their employees.

Cons

Truthfully I feel as though this career I have is the perfect fit for me. This company allows me to be a mother and a full time employee because Enlivant focuses on balance between work and home. I honestly have no cons at this time.

I truly believe that every policy set forth for salary and hourly employees are extremely fair. I appreciate that Enlivant is moving in the new wave of times with their vacation/sick time for salary employees. Enlivant has offered me great insurance coverage and that is more then I can say for MANY jobs in our small area! Thank you Enlivant :)

Refreshing, Rewarding and Absolutely Remarkable!!!

Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been in the senior living industry for almost thirty years and have worked for a few of the industry's best providers of care to our nation's elderly. My previous companies evolved over time and, unfortunately, lost sight of their core purpose and strayed from their mission statements. For those of us in the senior living field for a long period of time, you have likely experienced the same. I joined Enlivant a year ago after meeting with the new executive leadership team who shared with me the journey Enlivant would be pursuing to reinvent the former Assisted Living Concepts. The more I listened and learned, the more this opportunity touched on every reason why I chose to make a career in senior living: care and service to the elderly, the ability to champion a culture I could embrace and help establish, a strong commitment to people and an avenue to make a remarkable difference in the lives of residents, families and employees. After a year, I can only say every single aspect of the new Mission, Vision and Values of Enlivant has become a reality. The employees at Enlivant, whether community based, field based or at the corporate support center, are forming bonds and relationships that create a feeling of family with a true sense of belonging. This is what people in our industry want and need to make their careers as rewarding and meaningful as possible. When you have a culture the evolves to where Enlivant's is today, the possibilities are endless and the rewards too many to count. If you work for one of those senior living organizations that lost their way, know that there is a company out there that offers everything you want, expect and deserve. I look forward to continuing this fantastic journey as we make Enlivant the most trusted senior living provider in the country.

Cons

There are no cons, only more upside as Enlivant continues to evolve and grow.

It is clear that you are staying the course and are 100% committed!! Keep it up!!

Community Relations Manager

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Support from our regional and divisional team is outstanding. It is so nice to come to a workplace that does not even seem like work. The community that I am working in is a family; from employees to residents.

while making sales calls, meeting new contacts and building relationships is so rewarding.

Cons

as a sales manager we need to, "hand off" the residents to the executive director and Care Service manager so that we are able to get back out into the community. If you get to attached to people this career may not be for you.

Great Opportunity for Growth!

Current Employee - Executive Director in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Midland, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've worked for this company for the last 2 1/2 years. First when they were under ALC and now since they are under Enlivant. There have been huge changes to the way operations are handled. Before we were promised lots of things that were never delivered, but the new company is delivering on their promises! The CEO, the divisional VPs, and the regional teams are all engaged in redeveloping this industry and creating a positive environment for residents and staff alike. It's apparent that they truly care about the company mission and it's not just another saying on paper. The training has improved over the last year!

Cons

If you don't want to work hard, then don't apply. Your success is dependent on you being flexible and adaptable to changes.

Jack, please keep up the good work.

Enlivant Photos