Enlivant Reviews

Reset
2.8
Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Pros
  • I love making my residents and families happy (in 14 reviews)

• The residents are wonderful to care for (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is pretty much non existent in the Texas region (in 33 reviews)

• conference calls all the time at last minute notice (in 30 reviews)

Support Center-Operations

Pros

Very collaborative between all operating divisions. Awesome culture and management team. A fun and casual environment offsets some of the negatives associated with a really heavy workload.

Cons

The company has suffered from high turnover at a field level, so that has been challenging, but it is improving.

Aug 24, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value employees like you who are making a difference in the lives of seniors each and ... More

Amazing Company, amazing community!

Current Employee - Executive Director in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Madison, WI

Pros

This is a company who stands behind their values and follows through on their promises. Very focused on both the resident's and staff well-being. I have been with the company for almost 2 yrs and am continuously impressed with the support and direction given from the CEO to the community level. Our community is filled with loving care partners, a second to none Registered Nurse and dynamic and vibrant residents. I am proud to lead such a strong team and look forward to many successful years together serving the people of our community.

Cons

Sadly the Enlivant message is not always heard or kindly received by everyone in the organization. This is not a Con of Enlivant, it is however unfortunate that some rotten apples fall through the cracks and make their best effort to smear a truly wonderful company all the while posing as a team player.

Advice to Management

Continue to show the enthusiasm and support you have thus far! You are building loyal teams and engaging an organization filled with "Enlivant Proud" individuals.

Aug 21, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive feedback and for supporting Enlivant’s mission to enrich lives through building meaningful relationships and vibrant communities. Keep up the great work!

Team Approach

Pros

Love the community management team approach

Cons

High turnover on corporate level

Aug 17, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to hear you enjoy the community management team. We are sorry to hear your concerns regarding turnover and hope you will call the Employee Hotline (which is ... More

Absolutely love it

Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enlivant is the best company I've worked for. They are working hard to overcome the ALC rep, and that takes time. They are open to ideas, opinions, and value their employees.

Cons

It's practically like a start up sometimes, which isn't a bad thing! Just challenging at times. But I like it!

Aug 13, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. Keep up the great work!

Loving it!

Current Employee - Executive Director in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The regional team provides so much support and created an amazing Midwest Team! I feel like we all work together, ask questions, and work together for the common goal. The balance between the clinical and sales is great with a good balance of making sure the right people are brought into the right communities. I love the community leadership, directors who are open to working together, competent nursing with great attitudes, and dynamite sales teams! Also the residents and families that we serve are wonderful. The resident care partners, housekeepers, chef, assistant chefs, life enrichment, and concierge are a special group and make a huge difference on what we are accomplishing.

Cons

Definitely hard work to overcome the obstacles that ALC created, it's hard building the trust and relationship back and making tough staffing decisions to align with the mission, vision, and values.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and dedication! Give the Midwest Regional Team a huge thank you for all the difference they have made in the lives of our residents. Stay above the heads in beds and do what's right for the employees, building, and philosophy.

Aug 13, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive feedback and for supporting Enlivant’s mission to enrich lives through building meaningful relationships and vibrant communities. We truly value employees like you who are ... More

7. baker place

Former Employee - Head Chef in Bridgeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Head Chef in Bridgeton, NJ

I worked at Enlivant (Less than a year)

Pros

worked four days a week 10 hours a day every weekend off

Cons

no on call chef in case head chef was unavailable. pulled kitchen and housekeeping staff if short on cnas for a shift

Sep 2, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your suggestions and are always looking for ways to improve. If you are willing to provide additional information, we encourage you to reach out ... More

Changing for the better

Former Employee - Executive Director in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New company mission and core values are well thought out.

Cons

Difficult to get support from corporate when required to obtain it.

Executive Director

Current Employee - Executive Director in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Working with the residents is the biggest blessing.

Cons

Our divisional team is not sincere, very phony, not trust-worthy. We used to have great regional people who mentored and supported us. Suddenly they were gone. Too many changes with no explanations. Very disappointing.

Advice to Management

Don't blindly trust the divisional leaders. They don't necessarily make the right decisions and just want to put their own people in positions. Not fair to those who really made a difference.

Jun 26, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We value your feedback. We’re glad to hear you're enjoying working with the residents. It is our goal to provide a collaborative work environment, so we are disappointed to hear of some of your ... More

Great Vision!

Current Employee - Divisional Vice President of Facilities in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Divisional Vice President of Facilities in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Great environment, approachable executive officers, amazing people working in the field, supportive corporate support center staff.

Cons

That we are not the number one company in senior living! yet!!

Advice to Management

Keep listening and taking input at all levels. Continue to promote from within in all ateas Stay focused on growth and development and they will come!

Jul 29, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

CRM

Pros

If I could give this company negative stars, I would

Cons

Extraordinary bad company. Dishonest and unethical business practices. Upper management preaches a pretty sounding "mission", but in reality, employees are treated horribly. With no effective reporting system, the abuse here is rampant.

Advice to Management

My advice is to the owners. Your regional teams are abusive and dishonest. If you are unaware of this, which I hope is the case, do something about it. When dealing in a business that deals with vulnerable elderly and their families, employee retention and workplace satisfaction should be paramount. I would think that if you were actually serious about a building company that differs from the ALC reputation, that is talked about so frequently, you would want a leadership team that is honest and is interested in creating safe work environments. Every instance of reported abuse that I ever heard of, resulted in the reporters dismissal or forced resignation.

Aug 28, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your candid feedback. We take your concerns seriously and would like to discuss with you in more detail. Please call 888-777-4780 and ask to speak with a Human Resources Manager. Your ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed