Enlivant

Enlivant Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison

Jack Callison

Pros:
  • "The residents are wonderful to care for"
    in 12 reviews
  • "I love making my residents and families happy"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management is a joke and has NO clue what they are doing or how to treat people"
    in 28 reviews
  • "You have to adjust your schedule to be in the house when you have conference calls (See Point"
    in 25 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Management doesn't invest in its employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe residents and staff at the facility level are great.

ConsLittle training; way below average pay; high turnover; higher than token commissions are nearly impossible to achieve; outdated and cumbersome I.T. system; hardly any marketing money available; no advertising; employees get cheated out of vacation time, personal days, and sick days.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain and compensate you employees better. Reduce turnover. Stop taking away benefits and commissions. Spend more money on marketing and advertising. Management needs to regain trust and be more in tune with its employees.

Drinking the kool-aid and loving it!

ProsEnlivant cares about their people, their residents and most of all making sure that the houses are taken care of both financially and emotionally!

ConsNew company, New Management...but overall a good beginning!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, so far so good!

New Divisional Team in the Midwest is clueless!!!!

ProsGood employees at the community level.

ConsThe entire new Midwest divisional team is confused their selves on what to do and where to prioritize their efforts. They give no leadership and then fire people when they don't like them. It is no wonder the numbers are where they are. Good luck!

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Senior leadership-look very carefully who you have in the Midwest Divisional Team.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company needs improvement

WellnessDirector (Current Employee)

ProsThe Residents are the reason. They are wonderful!

ConsThe company hiring incompetent people for RD's or ED's like Marketers who have no management experience running or managing a building or employees.Who think they know everything and know nothing. Also who want to be in charge of everything including the medical aspects of care. That should be left to the Wellness Director or RN .Corporate does not support the good nurses. Salary is low for an RN. Now you are expected to rotate weekends, 8 hours on Saturday and Sunday and rotate working 11-7 on weekdays so someone is always there for potential tours. No salary increase was given for working longer hours on the weekend or evening hours. The company is sells driven. 24/7 call without compensation. They claim you get bonuses but where are they?

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring about the residents in your buildings, and start supporting your RN's. They are the Professional's!

Back to the Future - New name same old garbage.

ProsThe residents we care for are the only thing that keeps some of us going. Not much else positive about this company.

ConsUpper management have no idea what's going on in the field. Divisional Directors in Central are a joke. They have no clue and are as ruthless as they come. We are being told it's ok not to follow our written policies. We work our tails off while they pop in and have nothing nice to say. They certainly don't practice our company values. Next to the word demeaning in the dictionary are pictures of both, ops and clinical. Our executive VP of Quality and Care Services just resigned which is a huge blow and very telling about the future of this company. All these new folks come in and treat us like idiots when some have no clue what the assisted living industry is all about. They think it's all about numbers. We'll let me clue you in, it's all about people and if you would step out from behind those reports, you just might see that. Let me give you an analogy you might understand. If you're in the hospital on a monitor and it malfunctions and shows you are doing fine but you are not breathing, do you want me to go by what the monitor says or by what I actually see?

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are losing the one person at the top that people truly respect. You continually roll out new stuff and I think it's just to justify your jobs and high priced salaries. You make changes without fully understanding the impact of those changes. Then, once you make a change, you can't communicate it appropriately because you all can't agree on how you want us to implement the change. Get your heads out of the sand.

Executive director

Executive Director (Current Employee)

ProsLove the small community and home like feel. Residents and families are fun to be around, like your second family!

ConsConference calls after conference call to say the same thing over and over. I think I'm up to 5 a week, and that's not including the monthly ones. They expect you to update your building with your money, then takes days for them to approve your expense report. Then they come into your building and tell you they don't like the color you painting something or the pictures you buy! No support from regionals. They are only out in the field 3 days a week now, with taking mon & fri off for conference calls, which doesn't allow you to take a long weekend. No raises for anyone since Enlivant took over, but they have been reviewing it for over a year they say! Slowly going back to old ALC!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all ALC regionals still employed here. Think about the line staff like you said you were going to do. Turnover at the management level is getting bad again!

So happy to be gone!!! Just as bad as the prior company!!

Community Relations Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe residents and community. Liked the small facility and getting to know the people that lived at the facility.

ConsRegional never around. Hire Executive Dierectors that are horribly clueless!

Advice to Senior ManagementChanging from ALC means actually changing not business as usual.

Loved my job until Enlivant took over.

Community Relations Manager (Current Employee)
    Lubbock, TX

ProsI love the residents and my trifecta team.

ConsSo far, Enlivant has made a ton of promises with no results. The only thing that has changed, is the amount of paperwork/ computer time. The sales reporting program is a joke. The new reports that are now required, are just duplications of what we do in STAR. The residents pay too money to live in an out-dated, run-down community. My community has never been updated since it was built in the early 90's. Also, everyone in upper management are friends so be careful who you talk to.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou want to know what Hot leads we have in each community??? LOOK IN STAR!!!! What is the point of all of the new duplicate reports? You want us to increase occupancy yet you decrease the time we spend trying to get leads by adding stupid reports! Now you're asking us to spend hundreds of dollars out of our own pockets to update our communities and then wait to be reimbursed. SEND US MONEY! Annnnnd... You expect us to check our e-mail every 15 minutes even during non-working hours! Sorry folks, I have a life outside of Enlivant.

Hopeful but still feeling dubious

Executive Director (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsLove the opportunity to have varied responsibilities every day.....I never know what a day will look like when I walk in the door and that keeps things fresh and keeps me energized....Love the residents and their families........love my staff- they work so hard and show compassion each day....

ConsThe recent change in the organizational chart with the Executive Director finally having supervision over the CSM and CRM is long overdue but will not help the situation if the ED is not truly able to hold these critical team members accountable. Being told by the RDO that the only notable change would be that the EDs will now be the ones approving exception reports and expense reports seems to defeat the purpose.........that is the least of what needs to change. The CRM doesn't even work a full 8 hour day, never follows through with responsibilities, makes excuses for why he can't get his responsibilities accomplished and the ED is not allowed to require more of him.....the CSM makes numerous clinical mistakes and when those are brought to the regional team, the ED is challenged for not being a team player and for being mean spirited. Unbelievable! Accountability is supposed to be the new mantra but it's only being given lip service- none of the changes on this level are real. The wages are also unreasonably low for the expectations on the house team and direct care providers......the work-life balance is ridiculous. In order to meet the expectations given the entire team needs to be equally committed........when 2/3 of the house leadership are allowed to do whatever they want, work few hours, not be accountable, etc- the ED has NO HOPE of a good balance of work and life..... have been looking for a new position daily for months now. There is no equity in how people are treated by the regional team. It's ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease realize that in many ways you all are on the right track but that the Regional Team is not representing the changes you say you want implemented in the way most of us think you intended. We appreciate your efforts and ideas but shutting out the house team from real communication with the Divisional Team is a huge mistake. The regional team does NOT want to hear any realities, they just want us to tell them we are all a happy team and that it's all OK........it's not and we are not given any opportunity without the fear of punitive action to express that. More communication between the Divisional Teams and the House leadership will be critical in truly moving your new agenda forward.

Horrible Leadership at Regional Level

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers and residents are the only Pros. Families who care

Consexpectations to do everything Regionals say at your expense. Do everything the way they say when they never come to community and have no clue what works in individual communities.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of any old ALC Regional who does not care about anything or anyone but themselves. That is what is holding the new company back

Worked for Enlivant? Contribute to the Community!

Enlivant – Why Work for Us?

The Enlivant Environment Since 1981, when we opened our first community, we’ve delivered a pioneering approach to assisted living designed to give residents a supportive, stimulating environment where they will thrive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enlivant reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enlivant CEO Jack Callison. All 214 reviews posted anonymously by Enlivant employees.