Enlivant

Updated November 19, 2014
2.0

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Pros
  • The residents are wonderful to care for (in 12 reviews)

• Residents and families are fun to be around, like your second family (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, everyone in upper management are friends so be careful who you talk to (in 33 reviews)

• Conference calls after conference call to say the same thing over and over (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Experience

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The residents are the best! Next is the companies emphasis on making a better program for both staff and residents. Also the focus on employee satisfaction is great. The new company is a breath of fresh air and definitely focused on achieving results. Also a great regional team for support and corporate directed marketing material for parties.

Cons

Almost like a start up company waiting for all the changes to come is hard sometimes. Also the negative attitudes from some of the staff is hard. The trifecta teams are great in concept but in actuality don't work as well because it leaves the members feeling untouchable and sometimes to friendly with the other staff.

Make sure to give clear expectations too your trifecta teams so there is a balance. Also really evaluate who you place in those roles.

Sales and Marketing

Current Employee - Residence Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Residence Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love my position. I love helping the residents and families. I am not tied to an office all day and get to be in the community networking and planning events for the community. I do work a lot of hours, weekends once a month and if there is an event I have to be there. A family member became very ill and they let me leave with a week paid vacation after being there a short time, they seemed to care that a family member was very ill.

Cons

I put in long hours. Some of the other staff members are unprofessional. The training is not good at all. I mostly have to learn everything on my own such as their computer system. I often work from home after hours to catch up on entering leads, sales calls, etc. There is no time for the Executive Director to help with training and they seem not to care so I don't even bother to ask anymore because I am looked at as if I am a fool. The company would run a lot more sufficient if they invested time into training correctly and not leaving new hires alone to learn. There is no communication and things get confusing quickly inside the community itself.

Some of the larger corporations invest time in their employees and train them properly, this would help Enlivant to retain and keep the ones who really love their positions such as myself. I believe I get pushed to the side and my concerns get ignored or like I am trying to cause trouble. I love my position and would love to stay for many years but with the "no training" I have received I believe I could be let go. I have been in Sales/ Marketing for over 20 years, I started very young, I am more than qualified for this position and have even worked for Fortune 500 company, was laid off do to the recent economy. The short time I have worked in my community the number of residents have risen. If I had the proper training, there is no telling what an impact I could make and with a professional team inside the community we all could be very successful. It's a shame such a beautiful place! I do make a decent salary for what I do. It's not your typical sales position where you can make up to six figures. I am not paid commission for new residents but they do offer bonuses but the bonuses are split between Executive Director, RN and self. The Executive Director and RN are able to put notes into what they call "STAR" keeps track of leads etc. so notes can be changed from what the salesperson enters, gets confusing. Several of my notes have been changed, so that they could make themselves look good, like they had gotten the "sale" which I believe is very wrong. I went in on a day off and gave the tour and they changed the notes to make it look like they did!! I believe the Sales/Marketing should be the only one to enter the notes into the system, it would help with less confusion. Very unprofessional behaviors by most of the staff. I bite my tongue most every day. I stay because I love the residents and I love what I do.

SUICIDAL!!!!!!

Current Employee - Residence Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Residence Sales Manager

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

The facilities are filled with cool residents.

Cons

Corporate micro manages everyone. They are critical and cruel to staff and residents. There are no real values in place. Employees walk on eggshells to keep their lowpaying crappy job.

Take care of your employees....ha! Simple advice ....will take long time to implement.

Disheartening. ...

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Residents, Families and House staff. Being able to help people everyday.

Cons

Regional "Support" team??? Don't even acknowledge staff when in the building. When taking concerns to them they just cover it up.Call the hotline you say? Don't bother to do that. They'll just tell them that you called (yes, their words) and then HR will tell you they investigated it when they haven't even been to the building to actually look at the evidence or asked you to submit it for review, but instead take the word of someone that was part of the cover up to begin with and try to make it good to tge employees effected. . They continue to allow people to remain in their leadership positions with multiple class 1 2 & 3 infractions simply because it must be easier that way. It is very hard to follow the core values and be a postive employee when your leadership at the house and regional level can't even do that.

Follow your own policies. Don't allow the wrong people to lead simply because its easier and their budgets look good. It takes more then those items to become " the most trusted senior living provider" and it needs to start with you! It is hard for your good staff to want to enforce and carry out missions, values and be positive everyday when you allow people stay in the roles when not only breaking policy, but actually even breaking federal law and you allow it to be covered up. We are in small communities, with " intimate settings" and when you allow this to happen its also hard to be say our goal is to be that most trusted provider when in our communities, people talk and their faith in us to care for seniors decreases when they hear about what occurs on the inside and is covered up multiple times over last few years. Make some hard changes, Have the right leadership in place to allow our communities to grow and prove we are not ALC anymore.

Residents are the best part of the job

Current Employee - Nurse in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Nurse in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Residents are the only good part of the job. All the overtime you can get if you want it.

Cons

Management doesn't have a clue about what the employees do, never feel I am valued as an employee.

Train your employees better, ask for input from employees. We are the ones who are there every day and know what works best for the residents.

Mess

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Residents and family are great, caregivers are amazing hard working caring individuals.

Cons

Management is a JOKE! I would not working for this company again. People are to catty to much. Only care about money and not making their residents or workers happy. The works are OVER WORKES AND UNDER PAID.. PLACE IS SUCH A JOKE.

Care more about the hard working people that don't sit at a desk and that are actually busting there butts to keep the place running.

Money hungry company

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

The residents are nice, the facility is clean.

Cons

Some residents are not appropriate for assisting living, regional managers only care about how many apartments they can fill not about the quality of care.

Listen to your employees. Money isn't everything.

Stupid is as stupid does.

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The residents and families are fantastic. The staff at the house level are extremely caries.

Cons

Regional and Divisional Teams are without compassion and truthfulness. Terrible pay for all levels at House--probably reserved for the mighty-but-clueless Regionals. They come to your house to purportedly provide assistance and training, but show up late, sit on their laptops or telephones, rip the house management----heads for beds.....census....census.....Oh, and if you are in management, expect phone calls 24/7. When the regionals are out drinking, expect an early morning mystery shop call so your team calls you bright and early to wake you up. Fun stuff!! Very teambuilding!! not

Compassion, humility, integrity, fun.....you ought to figure out what is going on in your business. Your top leadership is so weak, intimidating, spiteful, and greedy.

What did I get myself into?

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Care, compassion, integrity at the a HOUSE level. Small staff, small facility= family environment. Residents make your day.

Cons

Micromanaging, pessimistic, degrading, demanding, bonus hungry, unappreciative, REGIONAL "support" team.

Get over yourselves. Everyone does what you say out of fear not respect. It's all about who you know or who you are "close" with between the Southern regional and divisional teams. When your actions reflect the core values, maybe then the house staff will take you seriously. Everyone sees and knows what's going on. We aren't as stupid as you assume we are.

SUICIDAL

Current Employee - Executive Director
    Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only reason I work for Enlivant.........

Residents
    Residents Families
    Community Staff

The relationship I've built with the residents is the only reason I have stayed this long!

Cons

Lies, Lies, Lies and More Lies!

Starting with Jack down to Regional Team Leaders is the attitude pattern of Use, Abuse, Neglect, and Screw Everyone!!!

The so called MISSION, VISION and VALUES the company claim to live by is a JOKE!

Heads in Beds is all that matters to you all. The financial issues are well known about and will only get worse with the poor judgment and horrible leadership of Jack.

Once the lawyers and labor board finish their investigation Enlivant will be in the same place as ALC.

YOU ALL NEED TO LEAVE!!!