Enlivant Reviews

Updated October 16, 2014
2.1

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Pros
  • The residents are wonderful to care for (in 13 reviews)

• Residents and families are fun to be around, like your second family (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, everyone in upper management are friends so be careful who you talk to (in 32 reviews)

• Conference calls after conference call to say the same thing over and over (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

Finally an Assisted Living Provider that can think outside the box!

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Incredible talent in the executive team. Thoughtful, compassionate, and crazy smart!

Cons

Legacy reputaion of the old company, ALC.

Keep following your instincts. We are making progress.

What did I get myself into?

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Care, compassion, integrity at the a HOUSE level. Small staff, small facility= family environment. Residents make your day.

Cons

Micromanaging, pessimistic, degrading, demanding, bonus hungry, unappreciative, REGIONAL "support" team.

Get over yourselves. Everyone does what you say out of fear not respect. It's all about who you know or who you are "close" with between the Southern regional and divisional teams. When your actions reflect the core values, maybe then the house staff will take you seriously. Everyone sees and knows what's going on. We aren't as stupid as you assume we are.

Concierge

Current Employee - Concierge in Huntington, IN
    Current Employee - Concierge in Huntington, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working with people. This job is not always sitting at a desk. I have done multiple things from filing, planting flowers, painting to power washing.

Cons

None. It has great health care and my boss is flexible on working schedule.

I like my boss and she works with you. She wants you to do your job at your best capacity. If you do, then she will work with you trying to get your schedule to work with your family.

Enlivant is the same shady company as ALC!!!!! Changed name same mess.

I worked at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The faciiities have gray residents. Much of the staff, that make $7 an hour, are there because they really care.

Cons

Corporate are a bunch of lying scumbags. They micro manage everyone! Jack Callison and the rest of corporate ONLY CARE ABOUT THE NUMBERS!!!!!!

I can't believe such an unethical corporation is in business. I hope the truth gets out!!!!!

Nobdody listens! Pay raises never came after 2 years! Regional was a joke!

Former Employee - Nurse
    Former Employee - Nurse

I worked at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Residents are lied too! Staff lied too! Promises not kept! Marketing and regional is a joke! Administrator's in charge of a nurses license even more of a joke!!!

Cons

There is no one taking a role in training marketers! They are a joke! No pay raises as promised! No one really cares about the residents or employees!

You lost all great staff and didn't care! We all had to leave after years of dedication and hard work. You put regional team together that was a total joke. Bring together a good regional team and listen to ALL your employees, especially the ones that have been there for awhile, although we have all had to leave. Start calling and asking some of us dedicated employees that had to quit why we left!

Think twice before taking this job!

Former Employee - Residence Director
    Former Employee - Residence Director

I worked at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The residents really appreciate you and the staff is usually close cause we can relate.

Cons

No money- broken promises. The fired the BEST Regional Team and brought in their own people. Always shirt staffed and give too many chances to unqualified Executive Directors

Think about brining back quality staff and management and pay the line staff what you promised!

Lead Resident Care Partner

Current Employee - Lead Resident Care Partner in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Resident Care Partner in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Insurance is really good. There is a 20 word minimum for the Pros which is not cool!

Cons

Company doesn't show any appreciation to house level employees and they are totally geared towards sales and aren't giving any focus to the operations side, house level is either overwhelmed with new communication all at one time or only pieces of important communication get passed down. There needs to be a more effective stream of communication between the support office and the house level but in order to do this the support office would have to have a working knowledge of the daily realities in a house.

This is directed to the regional and higher level: Hire from within for management positions, appreciate your employees because they are the ones that can make or break you or at least make it easier for you and staff tend to do a better job when they feel appreciated, learn the jobs of the house level, give a raise. My house had no employee employed for less than a year and it wasn't even recognized even though the house management told upper management multiple times and If you know this industry then you know that is never found. A

Great place to work.

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

New, energetic leadership. Refocused company mission that carries forward to the field. New opportunities. Demand in the market.

Cons

Challenging reimbursement in this industry, especially with no federal or state reimbursement. AL struggles with where to fit in the health care industry.

they will hire anybody

Former Employee - CHHA in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Former Employee - CHHA in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I worked at Enlivant part-time (more than an year)

Pros

the residents, working overnights there were no supervisors, well they did pay for my CHHA training so thanks.

Cons

the pay was horrible, they would hire anybody who walked in the door, always short staffed, not enough teamwork, supervisor wasn't involved enough and she would always complain about something, unorganized, coworkers were always late, OH and how could I forget?? I could NEVER take off because no one would cover for me, people were always quitting (I wonder why) so there was barely anyone who wanted to work.

PAY MORE. appreciate people for what they do. WE did everything. from dining, to washing clothes, to taking care of residents. I got certified and STILL didn't get paid enough.

It just doesn't make sense...

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are a few people who really care about what is going on within the company and our communities. Jack Callison seems to be genuine.

Cons

The people who really care and work hard are the ones who get terminated while the rest of them redirect blame and fly under the radar. The sales positions are the only truly measurable jobs. If you don't get people to move in based on what management wants, you'll be gone. And it doesn't matter why you're struggling, what the competition is doing, or what the condition of the building is. Regional and Divisional Management won't help you. They will wait to see what you can do, and get rid of you if you don't produce. It's a big game of how you look to keep people off of your back.

I think you have great ideas, even with training. But we see 7 different people (trainers, divisionals, etc.) who come in from out of town to ask us the same things about why we struggle and they come up with 7 different concepts that ultimately become unrealistic when our regional team gets back involved. I've seen more regionals come and go than I care to count. And please know that when we give you feedback from the field, that is us trying to help figure out what we can do differently. When regional management misconstrues our market feedback for excuses, it's quite offensive. Especially, when I've only seen my regional in building 5 times within the past few months. Finally, when a CRM has a rare marketing talent that gets the company/community some great recognition, a DVP should embrace it, not squash it. Bottom line is that Enlivant needs to get the right people in place on a Regional/Divisional level first. Unfortunately, I believe you already think you have found the right people.

Enlivant Photos