Enlivant

Updated December 16, 2014
2.0

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Pros
  • Residents and families are fun to be around, like your second family (in 14 reviews)

• The residents are wonderful to care for (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, everyone in upper management are friends so be careful who you talk to (in 33 reviews)

• Conference calls after conference call to say the same thing over and over (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Great changes

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with residents. Strong focus on local communities since company changed to Enlivant. Regional staff are very good and offer help when ever needed. Freedom given to do your job and have a personal life.

Cons

Being a new company there are alot of changes. Most are good, but there is a lot going on and changing all at once.

Keep working on your employees longevity.

Money hungry company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

The residents are nice, the facility is clean.

Cons

Some residents are not appropriate for assisting living, regional managers only care about how many apartments they can fill not about the quality of care.

Listen to your employees. Money isn't everything.

UGGGGGHHH

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

The residents are fabulous and deserve real care.

Cons

No Training.
    Short Staffed.
    Overtime expected!
    Belittleing attitude from upper management!
    Low Pay.
    No structure.
    NO SUPPORT!!!!

Put your parents in these communities. HA

Ugh

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

Love the residents and families. Great concept, small communities

Cons

Cons are the same as the other 200+ on this site. You are only as good as your last move in, no regional support, underpaid, costs you money to do your job, poor training, inept Directors, lazy staff

Hold your staff accountable for living up to the core values. These aren't just words on paper. The folks living in these communities are someone's mother, father, grandparent. Do the RIGHT thing by them. Spend quality time in these communities, not 1/2 day here, 1/2 day there. Find out if you have the right people in place. Not by numbers on a spreadsheet, but their heart and character. I can come up w/ nifty sayings and logos too, but if you dont have decent human beings to back them up, Enlivant is just ALC shined up.

ALF

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

I love the residents and community staff

Cons

On call can be a pain

Lack of communication/unprofessional

Current Employee - Residence Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Residence Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are good and that's all. I only stay with this company for the benefits.

Cons

Awful communication. Training is not good and you often to have to learn on your own. Co workers aren't helpful and they are unprofessional, not all but the ones who are suppose to be the leaders look down on everyone and I am a manager! They talk about "teams" but it is far from a team effort because not all are team players, makes for a very stressful position when you can not get other managers to work. It's all a numbers game to them and they really do not care about the residents. There are many rules and laws being broken in these communities. If you want to be stressed, sit on conference calls, they are good for calling conference calls all the time at last minute notice. I never have been treated so rudely by a company that claims to take care of others. I would never place a loved one with the community that I work in I cant say about the other communities. Makes it hard to sell something that you do not believe in.

Coming from Management position myself with the company. They have hired Managers from within that are young and inexperienced, assuming they hire them because they will accept less salary than a mature person with experience. This is hurting the company.

Disheartening. ...

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Residents, Families and House staff. Being able to help people everyday.

Cons

Regional "Support" team??? Don't even acknowledge staff when in the building. When taking concerns to them they just cover it up.Call the hotline you say? Don't bother to do that. They'll just tell them that you called (yes, their words) and then HR will tell you they investigated it when they haven't even been to the building to actually look at the evidence or asked you to submit it for review, but instead take the word of someone that was part of the cover up to begin with and try to make it good to tge employees effected. . They continue to allow people to remain in their leadership positions with multiple class 1 2 & 3 infractions simply because it must be easier that way. It is very hard to follow the core values and be a postive employee when your leadership at the house and regional level can't even do that.

Follow your own policies. Don't allow the wrong people to lead simply because its easier and their budgets look good. It takes more then those items to become " the most trusted senior living provider" and it needs to start with you! It is hard for your good staff to want to enforce and carry out missions, values and be positive everyday when you allow people stay in the roles when not only breaking policy, but actually even breaking federal law and you allow it to be covered up. We are in small communities, with " intimate settings" and when you allow this to happen its also hard to be say our goal is to be that most trusted provider when in our communities, people talk and their faith in us to care for seniors decreases when they hear about what occurs on the inside and is covered up multiple times over last few years. Make some hard changes, Have the right leadership in place to allow our communities to grow and prove we are not ALC anymore.

Excellent Experience

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The residents are the best! Next is the companies emphasis on making a better program for both staff and residents. Also the focus on employee satisfaction is great. The new company is a breath of fresh air and definitely focused on achieving results. Also a great regional team for support and corporate directed marketing material for parties.

Cons

Almost like a start up company waiting for all the changes to come is hard sometimes. Also the negative attitudes from some of the staff is hard. The trifecta teams are great in concept but in actuality don't work as well because it leaves the members feeling untouchable and sometimes to friendly with the other staff.

Make sure to give clear expectations too your trifecta teams so there is a balance. Also really evaluate who you place in those roles.

From Super down to Sorry

Former Employee - Wellness Director in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Wellness Director in Abilene, TX

I worked at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Residents are wonderful and most of the house level staff

Cons

Above house level, most of the management up to the top is down right EVIL
    Money hungry without any concern for the care of the residents or the employees

You need to stop what you have been doing and rethink the entire process. Other companies are light years ahead of you. It is ok to make money, but why not have some compassion for the residents and house level staff that make up the backbone of the company....without them, you fail. You should not "help" people sell their homes unless they ask for the help, that seems wrong to most farmers/ranchers in Texas. Also, too much micromanagement!!! Which can be counterproductive. If you hire the right people, trust them to get it done. Professionals do not require a baby sitter. Too many telephone conference calls. I suppose that some managers require more supervision than others. Do not punish the self starters.

What did I get myself into?

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Care, compassion, integrity at the a HOUSE level. Small staff, small facility= family environment. Residents make your day.

Cons

Micromanaging, pessimistic, degrading, demanding, bonus hungry, unappreciative, REGIONAL "support" team.

Get over yourselves. Everyone does what you say out of fear not respect. It's all about who you know or who you are "close" with between the Southern regional and divisional teams. When your actions reflect the core values, maybe then the house staff will take you seriously. Everyone sees and knows what's going on. We aren't as stupid as you assume we are.

Enlivant Photos