Enlivant

Updated January 30, 2015
2.5

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Pros
  • Residents and families are fun to be around, like your second family (in 14 reviews)

• The residents are wonderful to care for (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, everyone in upper management are friends so be careful who you talk to (in 33 reviews)

• Conference calls after conference call to say the same thing over and over (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Headed in the right direction quickly.

Current Employee - Executive Director in Inverness, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Inverness, FL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Enlivant is working hard to be the most trusted provider of senior care from the top on down. They have delivered on every promise to provide my community the tools needed to succeed. I'am proud to be part of this team.

Cons

As with any change in business, there has been growing pains, but the company listens and reacts.

We are headed in the right direction quickly. Continue to provide the outstanding training and support to our communities.

Great Opportunity for Growth!

Current Employee - Executive Director in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Midland, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've worked for this company for the last 2 1/2 years. First when they were under ALC and now since they are under Enlivant. There have been huge changes to the way operations are handled. Before we were promised lots of things that were never delivered, but the new company is delivering on their promises! The CEO, the divisional VPs, and the regional teams are all engaged in redeveloping this industry and creating a positive environment for residents and staff alike. It's apparent that they truly care about the company mission and it's not just another saying on paper. The training has improved over the last year!

Cons

If you don't want to work hard, then don't apply. Your success is dependent on you being flexible and adaptable to changes.

Jack, please keep up the good work.

LOVE IT!!!

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Escanaba, MI
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Escanaba, MI

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

This company has been AMAZING for me as an employee. I have been working for this company since their acquisition of Assisted Living Concepts. I have never found more personal satisfaction in a career then I have with Enlivant. They are constantly recognizing our achievements, promoting our strengths, and providing on going training and support to aide us in achieving our maximum potential as individuals, but most importantly as a team. As a whole, Enlivant stands by it's mission/vision/and values and we are truly working towards becoming the nations most trusted senior living provider. I feel as though Enlivant has stood by me as an employee and I feel the possibilities are endless! I myself being a Community Relations Manager have never felt as though I am working. I feel as though my daily "job" is just SO much more then just a job. I have created not only working contacts, but friends, a second family if you will. These residents are truly remarkable individuals and they have so much to share and teach us all. The residents and their families have become an extension of my own family and everyday brings a new adventure! With that being said, I can only hope that the next person who embarks on an employment opportunity with Enlivant, puts as much heart into their job as they can because Enlivant certainly puts their heart into each and everyone of their employees.

Cons

Truthfully I feel as though this career I have is the perfect fit for me. This company allows me to be a mother and a full time employee because Enlivant focuses on balance between work and home. I honestly have no cons at this time.

I truly believe that every policy set forth for salary and hourly employees are extremely fair. I appreciate that Enlivant is moving in the new wave of times with their vacation/sick time for salary employees. Enlivant has offered me great insurance coverage and that is more then I can say for MANY jobs in our small area! Thank you Enlivant :)

Mission Driven .. Incredible Company!

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

The most down to earth amazing Executive Leadership team in the industry, hands down! Enlivant has given life to this organization like nothing I have seen in this business. I joined this team shortly after acquisition , any promise that has been made, Enlivant has delivered. I would recommend this company to anyone looking !

Cons

I do not have any cons to list :)

Refreshing, Rewarding and Absolutely Remarkable!!!

Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been in the senior living industry for almost thirty years and have worked for a few of the industry's best providers of care to our nation's elderly. My previous companies evolved over time and, unfortunately, lost sight of their core purpose and strayed from their mission statements. For those of us in the senior living field for a long period of time, you have likely experienced the same. I joined Enlivant a year ago after meeting with the new executive leadership team who shared with me the journey Enlivant would be pursuing to reinvent the former Assisted Living Concepts. The more I listened and learned, the more this opportunity touched on every reason why I chose to make a career in senior living: care and service to the elderly, the ability to champion a culture I could embrace and help establish, a strong commitment to people and an avenue to make a remarkable difference in the lives of residents, families and employees. After a year, I can only say every single aspect of the new Mission, Vision and Values of Enlivant has become a reality. The employees at Enlivant, whether community based, field based or at the corporate support center, are forming bonds and relationships that create a feeling of family with a true sense of belonging. This is what people in our industry want and need to make their careers as rewarding and meaningful as possible. When you have a culture the evolves to where Enlivant's is today, the possibilities are endless and the rewards too many to count. If you work for one of those senior living organizations that lost their way, know that there is a company out there that offers everything you want, expect and deserve. I look forward to continuing this fantastic journey as we make Enlivant the most trusted senior living provider in the country.

Cons

There are no cons, only more upside as Enlivant continues to evolve and grow.

It is clear that you are staying the course and are 100% committed!! Keep it up!!

Wonderful Experience at the Leadership Conference,

Current Employee - Rdsm in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Rdsm in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I just wanted to thank both Jack and Dan for the wonderful Leadership Conference in Chicago. As a new employee, it is amazing to see how much the company invests in their employees success. I am so excited to see what is in store for 2015. I have loved every minute of my new job!! Booyah :)

Cons

I have no cons to mention.

Jerry Carson!!! Wow!

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had the pleasure of spending some time with Jerry this past week during our Leadership Conference and this man has to be one of the most humble men on the face of the earth. Jerry was recognized as an outstanding member of one our divisional teams and I can sure see why.....Humility!

Cons

Need more Jerry's! Keep up the great work! This type of person will most certainly attract similar types of people who will value this great company and the amazing residents we serve.

Thank you for bringing people like Jerry into our lives and recognizing his amazing qualities.

Excitement, Reward and Fulfillment! This is what you will find when you embrace the Mission, Vision, Values of Enlivant.

Current Employee - Executive Director in New Holstein, WI
    Current Employee - Executive Director in New Holstein, WI

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work for Enlivant for nearly two years. I started as the Community Relations Manager at a community and 7 months ago was promoted to Executive Director at a sister community. Within days of accepting the Community Relations Manager position, TPG Capital announced the future acquisition of Assisted Living Concepts. In July of 2013, TPG Capital announced the complete acquisition and we became Enlivant. As the Community Relations Manager and now the Executive Director I have seen first hand the embrace of the Mission, Vision, and Values from the CEO, Jack Callison, to the divisional team, to the regional team, to the community managers, to the line staff and on to our residents. It is an atmosphere that has become contagious and very easy to live and breathe the Mission, Vision, Values. This type of atmosphere as also made it easy to communicate with the regional team and even the divisional team. We all understand that we have one common goal and that is to become the most trusted senior living provider. And we do this by enriching the life of our residents through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities.

Cons

Just like many things in life, there are growing pains to rise above as Enlivant continues to move forward and grow. It is easy for people to get frustrated and loose sight of the goal when things don't always seem to go their way. If you don't recognize this it can definitely be a con as it will slowly begin to pull you down.

Be understanding that in order for a new company to grow they have to start by crawling. And what might not always seem like the right or best way, may in fact be the right or best way. Embrace the Mission, Vision, and Values.

Enlivant is a great company to work for!!!

Current Employee - Lead Operations Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Operations Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

Enlivant has built a team of people to be there and be ready to support all of our employees in providing trusted care and compassion to all of our residents. By providing these support teams Enlivant gives every employee the opportunity to be and give their best everyday. I am very proud to say I am a part of a company that is truly focused on people!

Cons

Enlivant is a great company to work for and grow with!

Keep doing what you are doing!

2015...Ready, Set, Go

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Sincere leadership from the Executive/Divisional/Regional Level
    Fast-paced environment that loves to hear new ideas
    While there was a lot of infrastructure & processes to be built in 2014, 2015 will be a great opportunity to leverage this groundwork and see even greater company results

Cons

There is a need to improve communication to hourly employees

Continue to reinforce the Support Center is here to support the field. As companies mature, this relationship can sometimes become blurred.

Enlivant Photos