Enlivant Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Actively looking for another job

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Residents, families and floor staff.

Cons

The license in the wall is not who is running the building. Is that an example of your integrity? All of the good management has left or "been let go" and we are left with a bunch of jokes for leadership. The community is starting to talk. Everyone knows what is really going on and we only care about money not the residents. I'm getting out before my name is a part of the negative repetation. I will be happy to join another assisted living and watch this one go down the drain.

Advice to Management

Go ahead and post your generic reply and pretend you care. You aren't fooling anyone anymore.

Jun 10, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We're sorry to hear of your concerns and hope you will discuss these issues with local management. You may also call us at 888-777-4780 to speak with our HR Manager.

Expected to work way too many hours and not allowed to take comp time.

I worked at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Residents were awesome, staff would do what was needed for the same of the residents. Support was good from regional.

Cons

Too many long hours expected. Too much money and emphasis placed on marketing and not on resident care. Was told so many times that corporate was coming in but did not happen. Was contacted to do exit interview but that was never followed through on.

Advice to Management

Follow through on what you say. Place more focus on your direct line staff and not just marketing. Be in the communities and know what is going on. One day does NOT give you the true story.

May 4, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're happy that you enjoyed working with residents and staff. We appreciate your suggestions and are always looking for ways to improve. We’d like ... More

Cloud 37!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

The Corporate outings that are supposed to be fun if you can go out.

Cons

Stay away from Accounting/Finance department. People have left that department for a reason. You can do better than this, believe me.

Advice to Management

You can't change turnover if you continue to ignore the problem.

Jun 1, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. We’d like the opportunity to discuss your concerns further; please call us at 888-777-4780 to speak with our Human ... More

Executive Director

Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

This will be a long review, brace yourself! I have worked for the company when it was ALC and now when it is Enlivant. So I can speak for both "eras", if you will. Enlivant has come a LONG way since the ALC days. The residents have always been great, and their families are great as well. I think the biggest change is in upper management - honestly in my region, they were good before and they are great now. The regional team in my area doesn't spend all their time on laptops or scolding the employees or looking for our faults. They ask what areas need further developed and we work from there. As the ED I hope my coworkers at the community do not feel like power has gone to my head. We make decisions together based on what is best for the resident. When I have talked to my RDO and regional HR representative - almost every conversation ends with "Do you think that is what is best for the resident/employee?" This is the first company I know of that poses situations in that fashion. A huge factor for the pro section is the PTO area. There is none if you are salaried. When you want time off you just let your supervisory know, and you go. Its a pretty nice policy to have! The company understands that we work long hours, and we do - its a nice perk to be able to take a random day or two and not have to worry about saving your vacation time to be able to go somewhere. I saw a review on here a couple of weeks ago talking about how bad the PTO program is... as their isn't one, I guessing that was a fraudulent review... anyway, I would recommend anyone and everyone to work at Enlivant, at least in the Midwest division, because I know it is a great place to be.

Cons

There are two cons that I can think of. Currently there is not a defined path of progression for employees. I would like to know the steps I should be taking and particular skills I should be fine tuning in order to take the step in a career with Enlivant. I don't think that is a typical thing to publish to employees, yet I don't think this is a typical company so I'm hoping for it in the near future. The other con is that I have to carry two phones (my choice really), I would like to be able to access my work functions from an Iphone and that is not an option for me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, look through these reviews as constructive criticism - you've done a good job fixing a mess that you were dealt. Obviously things are going well, all kinds of growth comes from happy residents, families and employees!

Apr 27, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We appreciate your suggestions and are always looking for ways to improve. Keep up the great work!

Enlivant and loving it!!!!!!

Current Employee - Regional Support
    Current Employee - Regional Support

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are great people and teams working in all the communities I have been to. They are happy and genuinely care about their residents and one another. The new upper management is working to make the changes they hear from the front lines and THAT is refreshing to bear witness to. There is a tremendous amount of passion, empathy and care that the Enlivant teams project in spades! The disgruntled people who have left, I can see why - the cream rises and the expectation for commitment to the Enlivant values are non-negotiable. Only the best team members are accepted and care passionately for our residents and want to be part of our overall company success. This is a team that I am proud and honored to be part of.

Cons

So far, I am liking what I see! If anything, I would advise those unhappy people who don't want to be part of the change and new direction, please find a new calling/career. You can't be committed to your residents and their well-being when you hold a bitterness in your attitude - it shows and it's not what Enlivant is about.

Advice to Management

Don't wait too long to get rid of the bad apples...they suck the life out of the team members who are making a difference!!!

Apr 9, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are so pleased that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value employees like you who are making a difference in the lives of seniors each ... More

Executive director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

I worked at Enlivant (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the residents was the only rewarding aspect of this job. The residents deserve to be treated with much respect.

Cons

Unorganized and lacks employee support. The corporate employees have zero interactions with the lower level employees. My observation is they assisted living is the largest exploitation ever. The residents are seen as dollar signs. The company claims to honor their core values but have no clue what services ate actually provided to the residents.

Advice to Management

Unprofessional, unsupportive, appear to care only on the revenue. For this to be a company that prides itself on compassion for those they serve is ludicrous. My heart goes out to the residents that select this company to provide them the best in the assisted living realm because they will be horribly surprised.

May 28, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your candid feedback. We take your concerns seriously and would like to discuss with you in more detail. Please call 888-777-4780 to speak with our Human Resources Manager.

Executive Director - Indiana

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enlivant is striving to make positive changes. Jack Callison cares about the employees and the residents who live in Enlivant's communities. My Regional and Divisional Teams are supportive and willing to listen - they ask, "What can I do for you" during each community visit, and they want feedback. I feel genuinely supported.

Cons

Community Managers put in lots of hours. Finding committed staff to work in the community is a challenge at times. Wage scale could be higher.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek feedback from those who work in the community - they know what works and what doesn't. Attention to streamlining processes is helping - thank you for that.

Apr 17, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad to hear you are enjoying working at Enlivant and feel supported. We appreciate your suggestions and are always looking for ways to improve.

ED

Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at my current house for 11 1/2 years and since Enlivant has taken over things have turned around for the good. They really care about the residents and staff and they strive to live the core values everyday. It is nice to work for a company who appreciates your ideas and knowledge and let's you run your business. They follow through with what they tell you and they show you respect no matter what position. I've been in Healthcare for 30+ years and I can truly say this is the happiest I've been in my job for a long time. ENLIVANT is AWEAOME to work for!

Cons

Moving fast, but in a positive way. Some days it can be overwhelming, but if you stay focused and realize the changes will make a positive result you can get through it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, just remember sometimes it's hard to absorb all the changes if they are occurring fast. Get one system up and running well before adding another. Overall Great Support from the home office!

Apr 21, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive feedback and for supporting Enlivant’s mission to enrich lives through building meaningful relationships and vibrant communities. Keep up the great work!

Great leadership team with strong sense of community and teamwork.

Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good communication of both expectations and company policies. Great opportunities for personal and professional growth.

Cons

None to share at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Regional Director of Care Services

Current Employee - Regional Director of Care Services in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Care Services in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The entire Leadership Team lives and breathes the Mission, Vision and Values of this Company. There is always the opportunity to share your thoughts and opinions - it is welcomed. Close contact with everyone in the Company all the way to the CEO. The Community Teams are empowered to make decisions based on what is best for the Resident's in their communities.

Cons

There are many areas that Enlivant is working to improve in many areas. You can not make all changes at once. I look forward to being part of the positive change that is constantly occurring!

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the voices in the field! This is noticed and appreciated.

Apr 17, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value employees like you who are making a difference in the lives of seniors each and ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed