Enlivant

www.enlivant.com
Employer Engaged

Jerry Carson!!! Wow!

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had the pleasure of spending some time with Jerry this past week during our Leadership Conference and this man has to be one of the most humble men on the face of the earth. Jerry was recognized as an outstanding member of one our divisional teams and I can sure see why.....Humility!

Cons

Need more Jerry's! Keep up the great work! This type of person will most certainly attract similar types of people who will value this great company and the amazing residents we serve.

Thank you for bringing people like Jerry into our lives and recognizing his amazing qualities.

I enjoy working for Enlivant for many reasons, but the most important one is because of what we believe in.

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

At Enlivant, we focus on the PEOPLE. By this, I mean the people that we care for, but also the teams and communities that we serve. Our “true North” is always what will be best for our residents, our teams, and who we want to be as a company. I knew coming in to a company that is essentially new, although rich with a heritage as pioneers in assisted living, that there was much work to be done. I find such great satisfaction in seeing the progress we are making, and feel very encouraged when each goal we set is fulfilled.

Strongly rooted in our core values of compassion, humility, integrity, excellence and fun, we are building a company where you are appreciated and rewarded for your contributions. Your opinions and insights are valued and given great weight. Hard work is appreciated, and excellence is rewarded.

I am excited about what I do when I get up each and every day. Working with a team whose true passion is in caring for seniors and coaching others to their goals is a thrilling experience. I cannot say enough good things about my experiences so far at Enlivant.

Cons

None. There is hard work ahead of us, but it's fun work. If you aren't afraid of getting your hands dirty in order to produce a rewarding outcome, there are just no drawbacks.

Keep the focus where it belongs and stay the path. Thank you for the opportunity to come along!

Enlivant is positive and exciting. Great to be part of creating a new culture.

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

I love being part of creating a new company and culture from the beginning. Its amazing how many things were delivered in 2014..computers, buses started to arrive, phones, new uniforms-just some of the fundamentals needed so badly. Benefits are good. Leadership really cares and is living the core values.

Cons

Lots of change...you have to know that you can work in an environment of new systems, processes, expectations..that's part of of being in a turn around.

Keep up the trainings...they not only develop the teams, they also help to promote the new culture.

Not just a new name with new colors

Current Employee - Executive Director in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Accessible management and executives makes this company a stand out! At all levels, folks have been included in helping formulate the future of ENLIVANT. I have seen many changes over the last 2 years including; tech upgrades, transportation promises kept, increased wages for the frontline staff and most importantly care of the residents being kept at the forefront.

Cons

Change takes time. Transition from legacy/antiquated approaches can be a bumpy ride. Things are moving quickly and keeping up is the biggest challenge.

Listening has been Key. Compensation has helped draw more experienced staff and helped keep valued team members. Keep praying for the Serenity to accept the things we cannot change, Courage to change the things we can and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Keep moving forward....

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

The concept of this company and the values it wants to promote is good; I love the residents that I have had the opportunity to get to know and work for; love that I get to assist with families making such difficult decisions and have them be HAPPY when the decision is done and their loved ones are "home" in our communities. Desire to train new employees is good and the idea of "work/life" balance is enticing. Seems to be a good deal of passion to do what's right for the residents and build a strong, positive community for them to call home.

Cons

TOO much micro-managing,some tunnel vision. This company has communities all OVER the country, and different areas take different approaches; the same thing doesn't work the same way in every area, especially when it comes to marketing/sales. Listen to the people that LIVE in the areas where we work...let us have some contribution to doing things instead of insisting that what works in one place should work everywhere....especially if we are having to continually do some rebuilding from difficult past in smaller places/communities/towns, etc. Wanting to train new employees is good, though the actual methods need some work.

could be a bit more aggressive with pay; listen to the people IN THE FIELD, be open to some flexibility dependent on communities, etc. Look at regional directors too....they have a HUGE amount on their plates, in my opinion...perhaps could be better utilized with less territory to cover, etc....but maybe that's still part of the rebuilding going on.

Great Marketing

Current Employee - Executive Director in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great marketing and resources for the first year. lovely new collaterals Capitalism at it's finest. Purchase a struggling company, throw millions at rehabilitation of said company with your team of cape crusaders from Holiday Homes and then sell it in a few years, make millions.... beautiful.

Cons

Fantastic dog and pony show. Nice vacation policy, there is none. People take off when ever they want to take off, some people abuse the policy. If you don't drink the kool aid and refuse to be unethical and show empathy for the sake of the vulnerable seniors we deal with, you will be taken to task. All sales and census driven. People are admitted and allowed to live in independent and assisted living who are not safe behind closed doors. Diabetics, fall risks, cognitively impaired. "what's the difference if they fall here or at a nursing home" a DVP stated. Independent thinking is not allowed, you cannot be compassionate you must be sales driven to survive.

Continue to do as you are doing and Enlivant will continue to be classified as Assisted Living Concepts in disguise.
    A wolf in sheeps clothing.

Stay away, unless you have no integrity. One star because there was no lower score.

Former Employee - Executive Director
    Former Employee - Executive Director

I worked at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None in relation to the company. The residents are wonderful people who are left in the care of staff members who lack compassion, humility, integrity, excellence, or fun. There goes the core values! Oops! I guess that is not a "pro"!

Cons

* Regional team keep reciting "core values" believing if they repeat them enough, they must be true.

* RDO has no prior experience in Assisted Living or managing a business. Incompetent at best.

* Unethical practices lead to promotion to regional team, while the house management that work hard to live the core values are overlooked and/or terminated.

* HR does not investigate issues correctly or thoroughly.

* Heads in beds is all that matters. Everybody sells! Resident care is never a priority to regional or divisional teams.

The above is just the tip of the iceberg. Best advice is to keep looking for a position with another company.

A CEO should be able to rely on their DVPs and regional teams to supply accurate information to him, but I believe this is not the case. Dig deeper and talk to your EDs. They will tell you what is really going on in your company.

Visions, Missions, and Goals gone to waste!

Former Employee - Life Enrichment Coordinator in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Life Enrichment Coordinator in Conroe, TX

I worked at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The residents are the ONLY reason anyone stays past a day with this company.

Cons

There is too much turnover with this company because they would rather bring in people off the street with no knowledge of the needs of the residents or experience in the field to run the place, than to train and promote dedicated and knowledgeable employees that are already there. They offer the lowest salaries, but with the promise of increases, that are never received even after excellent performance reviews.

Mission - To enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities.
              * Lives and relationships cannot be developed nor enriched when Regional Management and ED's (who just walked in the door) terminate employees who have excellent and verified history with the company AND the communities because of their own personal agendas.

Vision - To become the nation’s most trusted senior living provider.
              * How can the company be trusted by the residents when there is constantly a new Regional Director walking in right behind or in front of a new ED, or RN that was just hired or fired, or that quit because of the politics of this company?

Core Values - Our actions significantly impact the lives of those we touch every day. What is truly important to us as an organization is that our actions are guided by our five core values:
    •Compassion
    •Excellence
    •Humility
    •Fun
    •Integrity
             ****OUR ACTIONS SIGNIFICANTLY IMPACT THE LIVES OF THOSE WE TOUCH EVERYDAY!
                    --- Not only remind the direct care employees of the magnitude and importance of this statement, but the members of management from lower levels up, of the same importance and magnitude. Each time a very valued employee is terminated because of the self-guided agenda of an ED or Regional Director, there is a resident with dementia, Alzheimer's, confusion or any other issue that causes more confusion for them, that has now been setback yet again. In order to make these people's lives as whole and complete as possible, they need stability and familiarity. It is your obligation and responsibility to provide it.

Learn to respect the employees the you have and compensate accordingly. This company pays the lowest salaries in all of their regions. Responsibly investigate issues and complaints from your staff that are brought before you and do not assume that the lowest paid, are the least truthful! Jack Callison needs to make unannounced visits to the communities and he and ALL members of corporate should take the time to speak privately with each and EVERY employee there. Yes, it may be time consuming, but isn't it worth the effort to find out what is good and true to help the community work? I worked for this company for 2 1/2 years and 2 different communities, and I can promise that one was MUCH different than the other in management style. However, if the people who actually took care of the residents had a voice, the communities and company would actually thrive, instead of quickly running for the toilet!

Unethical

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

Pros of the community Residents Families
    Pros of the company None

Cons

Horrible Company
    Communities are no kept up with everything has a Band-Aid to cover up what is wrong

They won't listen never have

Why so many positive comments? Let me tell you why......

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy the residents and the relationships we create with our families. This is the most positive part of my job.

Cons

We were recently asked in our Weekly Field to write positive comments about Enlivant. What a shame when you are asked by Sr Leadership to do this. Hr is a joke - they are puppets and cannot influence change at any level.

It's all about heads in beds. We are asked to sell, sell at all costs. What about resident care? There is no emphasis on quality care. It's such a shame that our Regional Vp is gone and we have no support our Division. Think twice before coming on board. No focus. We just talk about our missions, visions and values. This company does not value residents or employees.

TPG. When are you going to figure out that you need to make some changes with Sr. Leadership?

Enlivant Photos