Enlivant

Updated January 27, 2015
2.3

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Pros
  • Residents and families are fun to be around, like your second family (in 14 reviews)

• The residents are wonderful to care for (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, everyone in upper management are friends so be careful who you talk to (in 33 reviews)

• Conference calls after conference call to say the same thing over and over (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Keep moving forward....

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

The concept of this company and the values it wants to promote is good; I love the residents that I have had the opportunity to get to know and work for; love that I get to assist with families making such difficult decisions and have them be HAPPY when the decision is done and their loved ones are "home" in our communities. Desire to train new employees is good and the idea of "work/life" balance is enticing. Seems to be a good deal of passion to do what's right for the residents and build a strong, positive community for them to call home.

Cons

TOO much micro-managing,some tunnel vision. This company has communities all OVER the country, and different areas take different approaches; the same thing doesn't work the same way in every area, especially when it comes to marketing/sales. Listen to the people that LIVE in the areas where we work...let us have some contribution to doing things instead of insisting that what works in one place should work everywhere....especially if we are having to continually do some rebuilding from difficult past in smaller places/communities/towns, etc. Wanting to train new employees is good, though the actual methods need some work.

could be a bit more aggressive with pay; listen to the people IN THE FIELD, be open to some flexibility dependent on communities, etc. Look at regional directors too....they have a HUGE amount on their plates, in my opinion...perhaps could be better utilized with less territory to cover, etc....but maybe that's still part of the rebuilding going on.

Come on people

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love my job. I work at a Midwest community and couldn't be happier. I could be paid better. I could have better benefits, but the job i chose to do is great. The region and divisional staff are great. My building has been around for a long time and we have our ups and downs but all in all it is a great place to work. I would and have recommended multiple people work and live here. WE have a low turn over and most of our staff hourly and management have been with us for more than 2 years.

Cons

The biggest con i can say is our salaries are not comparable to our competition. Our LPN's and Aides are under paid. But they do the job because they love what they do. Our management team is underpaid for what they do. But again, they do their jobs because its what they love to do. If you put a 1,2 or 3 star down on your review then you need to ask yourself if your in the right profession. I am sure there are poorly run buildings. but if your not happy move on. I see people complaining about the right assisted living type people and nursing home type people. REALLY? We have the best of the best to offer them all. Can our nurses and care staff not take care of them all? I know we can. If you just want a bunch of 55-60 years old then go work at the local senior apartment buildings. We provide CARE and that is our job. I have sat with people on hospice through their last days. I have cried with families. I have done everything i can to make our residents(ALL OF THEM) feel respected and dignified. If you say that someone is not appropriate for our buildings then you need to ask if your capable to take care of them. If you can not, what kind of caregiver are you. IF you want to complain all day, then leave. We don't want you. There are too many people who will work here because they want to help people. I am glad most of you have not worked in my community. We would eat you up. We have one of the higher average levels for our division and we have a great staff who work together to provide CARE. its what we do.

Its not perfect, no company is. But at House level you cant ask for a better job.

Pay attention. not to those above you, but to those below you. We are under paid. the most recent raise is not sufficient. it shouldn't be a percentage across the board. It should have been a couple dollars per hour across the board. We have made great strides as a company in the last year. Those are your words. Now it is time to pay your staff before you start losing them to companies who will. Anyone who has been here more than a year needs to have a 30% increase in salary from what they were making with ALC. That would only get me to the starting wage to my 3 closest competitors.

The care of residents always comes first and the staff matters to Enlivant

Former Employee - Executive Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enlivant full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Interaction with residents, great support staff, quick answers to questions

Cons

A more consistent training session for Executive Directors would be more helpful.

Set up training conferences for Executive Directors. Although the training was thorough; being trained in the community is sporadic because of interruptions that occur daily.

Settlers Place is an excellent place to work or live.

Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great staff and management team focused on enhancing resident wellbeing, with a supportive environment, individualized care and life enriching activities. Recently won the Readers Choice Award through the Herald Argus. Enlivant is a great company making many positive changes; In every Enlivant community we work to meet each resident's individual needs, with quality care and senior living amenities in an environment that offers a sense of belonging for our residents, a though they were a member of our family. Using our core values as a guiding force, we offer solutions to seniors and their families amid an evolving senor living climate.

Cons

Former ownership did not address compensation for employees so Enlivant is taking a good look at this and making improvements. I consider this to be a Pro as they have already done across the board raises and are doing wage studies.

Keep doing what you're doing. It's a new day!

Hopefully the new company can improve the atmosphere!

Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing
    Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing

I worked at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Residents are delightful! Fantastic to feel you actually make a difference in the lives of precious seniors.

Cons

Former company (ALC) couldn't figure out if it was medically lead or sales lead. Upper management couldn't get out of their own way because there was no clear direction. ZERO work life balance. Unqualified staff in some regional nursing positions lead to poor community level care with no support.

New company name is a chance for new direction. Make it clear and keep it simple! Remember your community level staff cares deeply for the residents...don't take them for granted. Treat them the way you want them to treat the residents.

Read carefully. When there is smoke, there is fire

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The residents and relationships you develop are wonderful. We treat our residents with dignity and respect.

Cons

Conference call after conference call. How many times can you discuss a warm lead?

I was asked by my Regional Director of Sales and Marketing to write a positive comment about the company. I cannot because I know our residents are not taken care of properly. It just breaks my heart to see that we are saving pennies when we are sacrificing resident care.

FALLS !!!!

I have been working at Enlivant (less than a year)

Pros

The seniors are ok when they are not upset and confused about revolving staff.

Cons

Understaffed. Managers washing dishes and cooking food handing out meds...CRAZY
     Seniors fall ALL the time.
    Underpaid.
    Staff expected to do all sorts of jobs that are not in job description.
    NO training!!!!!

Why bother....thgeir fingers are in their ears.

Finally turned in my notice

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Residents, floor staff, families, food is actually very good

Cons

After three years, I couldn't do it anymore. I love my community, residents and staff but management and regional have lost their minds. I feel guilty for leaving the residents but after seeing how they have fired the good management and the remaining puppets are allowed to run the building, I've had enough.

Anyone that has dealt with this company is aware that the rush of positive comments on here were prompted by corporate to help boost their reputation. We know you read these, you just don't care to address the negative ones. Instead you suggest current employes post a positive review to balance the truthful negative ones. Why don't you instead post a follow up to the comments like you know you can. Show others you are working to fix what's broken. "Most trusted," remember. Show us.

Community relations manager

I worked at Enlivant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Touching the lives of seniors and their their families!! Being active in the community and becoming an expert to HELP people

Cons

Everything else!!!

Expenses were HUGE and out of pocket...the process to get your money back was so time consuming.

I had to pick up the slack of what the other members of my "tri-fecta" didn't do...then work 60+ hours a week to catch up...on an under-paid salary.

HR doesn't "investigate" when they say they will...they take they word of other people "gunning" for you

Not a company I would recommend...certainly not in this area!!!

Open your eyes!!! You are losing good people over NOTHING!!!!

Fraudulent Company

Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Enlivant (more than 3 years)

Pros

Properly placed residents that families didn't lie about health issues or concerns. Residents and families that appreciate the hard work the stuff does.

Cons

Fraudulent Company! Fires great people that make the communities thrive. Breaks Labor Laws and abuse salary employees. Communities are not fit to be lived in, the properties have issues that need immediate attention. Always told we can't spend money.

Stop posting positive comments to make the company look good. Ethics talk and you all lack them.

Enlivant Photos