Enlivant

Updated December 16, 2014
2.0

Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Pros
  • Residents and families are fun to be around, like your second family (in 14 reviews)

• The residents are wonderful to care for (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, everyone in upper management are friends so be careful who you talk to (in 33 reviews)

• Conference calls after conference call to say the same thing over and over (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Lead Resident Care Partner

Current Employee - Lead Resident Care Partner in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Resident Care Partner in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Insurance is really good. There is a 20 word minimum for the Pros which is not cool!

Cons

Company doesn't show any appreciation to house level employees and they are totally geared towards sales and aren't giving any focus to the operations side, house level is either overwhelmed with new communication all at one time or only pieces of important communication get passed down. There needs to be a more effective stream of communication between the support office and the house level but in order to do this the support office would have to have a working knowledge of the daily realities in a house.

This is directed to the regional and higher level: Hire from within for management positions, appreciate your employees because they are the ones that can make or break you or at least make it easier for you and staff tend to do a better job when they feel appreciated, learn the jobs of the house level, give a raise. My house had no employee employed for less than a year and it wasn't even recognized even though the house management told upper management multiple times and If you know this industry then you know that is never found. A

they will hire anybody

Former Employee - CHHA in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Former Employee - CHHA in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I worked at Enlivant part-time (more than an year)

Pros

the residents, working overnights there were no supervisors, well they did pay for my CHHA training so thanks.

Cons

the pay was horrible, they would hire anybody who walked in the door, always short staffed, not enough teamwork, supervisor wasn't involved enough and she would always complain about something, unorganized, coworkers were always late, OH and how could I forget?? I could NEVER take off because no one would cover for me, people were always quitting (I wonder why) so there was barely anyone who wanted to work.

PAY MORE. appreciate people for what they do. WE did everything. from dining, to washing clothes, to taking care of residents. I got certified and STILL didn't get paid enough.

Great place to work.

I have been working at Enlivant

Pros

New, energetic leadership. Refocused company mission that carries forward to the field. New opportunities. Demand in the market.

Cons

Challenging reimbursement in this industry, especially with no federal or state reimbursement. AL struggles with where to fit in the health care industry.

Terrible Management

Former Employee - Facilities Director in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Facilities Director in Eugene, OR

I worked at Enlivant full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with the residence was wonderful!

Cons

I was the Facilities Director for three weeks. The Executive Director refused to let me conduct Oregon State required inspections and tests. The facility was in terrible shape with emergency cords dysfunctional, complete absence of an RN on staff, water fountains clogged with foul smelling debris, carpets filthy. the MSPS books have not been updated for months, the business license was not displayed and resident complaints ignored. Half of the apartments are empty and unrentable.

The ED fired the marketing person after I had been on the job for three days. Management is conducted by threats and demands. Upon pointing our the Oregon State Regulation deficiency, I was assigned to stock the pantry. When I questioned this I was immediately terminated for 'insubordination.' The ED's supervisory covers up the gross mismanagement and ignores information from her colleagues.

The chef, med-aid and housekeepers all indicated to me that they were fielding resumes, hoping to find jobs elsewhere.

The mismanagement from the house directors up through middle and upper management is astonishing. The risk liability created by upper management, for investors, is daringly irresponsible.

This company is all about their bottom line.

Former Employee - Nurse in Cleburne, TX
    Former Employee - Nurse in Cleburne, TX

I worked at Enlivant full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The management team at community level worked very well with each other. Enjoyed seeing the smiling faces of residents everyday. Resident daily care was awesome, provided by a very dedicated and caring staff.

Cons

Upper management very rude,disrespectful to staff and very unpredictable in communicating any changes to community teams. Way to many reports and redundant conference calls 3-4xweek. Low wages, no raises or bonuses given. Horrible ethics, will tell families what they want to hear just to get them to move in.

The company could possibly be great IF management stops sacrificing caring and compassion for the residents. Start trusting your community management teams and stop micromanaging every detail of daily operations.

It Could be better

Current Employee - Residence Director in Cleburne, TX
    Current Employee - Residence Director in Cleburne, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with the residents are a joy. Each day is different and the team members at my community were really great to work with. We helped each other out. The frontline staff are always working hard

Cons

Very little pay for the work. Upper management is pretty much non existent in the Texas region. So far we have had 3 new Regional Operations and now we have none. We have had 2 Regional Nurses that get worst and worst. I am not quite sure where they find these people. They talk good about themselves and about change but none of it has been true. They come to the community and wont even stay in the room at the community, they go to hotels instead. If it is not good enough for you than why is it good enough for the residents? Building is falling down and maintenance supplies are just not there.

It doesnt matter what advice we give to management, they will never change. They have promised change from ALC but has been nothing but lie after lie. No one has hope for their jobs or this new company. Hire people who care. Thats all we have to offer is good care. Provide training and regional staff who have experience in assisted living.

Very Unpleasant

Former Employee - Residence Sales Manager in North Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Residence Sales Manager in North Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being able to work with the senior community and assist them
    Decent compensation and benefits
    Ability to be more involved with the community and meet new people

Cons

Very poor work - life balance, too much "corporate overshadowing"
    Deceitful and no compassion for anyone in the company
    Not willing to invest for the better of a community

Be more transparent, stop telling lies.
    Show more compassion for employees and the residents
    Invest in those few simple things that make things so much better
    Carpeting, chairs and other items should be replaced not washed and dried until they disintegrate!
    Create more value for the residence, people will not pay astronomical amounts to live border-line third world with the reputation you have created.

be crooked or we don't need you

Former Employee - "Executive Director" in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - "Executive Director" in South Bend, IN

I worked at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

have accidently fired a few bad players - but it seems now it was just knee jerk reaction to - well this ain't working...

Cons

no clue - in in fact the higher you get in this company, HR included, the less they know what it means to be a community service, an effective part of the continuum care... will not build census without honest open people on the front lines, which is impossible - just look who is behind them......

Management still has no integrity, takes no responsibility - it is still blame, blame, blame, with no support or leadership. director of maintenance is a joke.

Have faith in People - get a clue about what it means to be part of a community

Love this company...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

I came to this company to be part of something meaningful. Enlivant leadership is creating a culture focused on values that I believe in: compassion, humility, integrity, excellence, and fun... and it shows. I almost did not join based on the reputation of the "old company", but after meeting the new employees and seeing the passion and direction of the company... I could not have found a better fit. Great purpose, great employees, great management, and its fun to be part of a growing, engaged company.

Cons

In many ways, this is like a start-up. Everyone has to pitch in, and not everything is clearly defined. I have had to get comfortable with not just "doing my part" but in working collaboratively with many "different hats on". It's exciting, but can have its downside when it comes to work-life balance and having perfect clarity around the J-O-B.

Keep up the communications. When things are changing so much... and so fast... Communication is key to making sure we are in the loop and understand what we need to be doing.

Amazing! Love the new direction.

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It has been a year since the change in leadership, change does not happen overnight, it will take time. The changes that have happened are positive for our teams, residents, and families.

Cons

If team members aren't happy, then make the choice that is best for you and quit blaming the organization and leadership.

Keep working with us! Our team and residents need you!

Enlivant Photos